There are 240 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 3slaters:
That's my point, you guys didn't cheat but thats whay the Panthers fan base screamed afterwards. I think a couple of calls probably should of gone their way or been called like the Boldin example but when you watched the game the better team won. it's stupid when that fan base uses that as an excuse just like its stupid when fans here say Seattle is only good because they hold or cheat. Cossell did a film break down and said Seattle doesn't do anything that most other teams do, they are just better on that side of the ball.

After rambling my initial point is that you guys DID NOT cheat.

Link?

He may have been talking about this.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/In-defense-of-Seattle-s-tactics-5150671.php

Hall of Fame cornerback Rod Woodson is now an analyst, and the former Raider and 49er has watched Seattle all season.

"I don't think they're dirty," Woodson said. "They get away with what they can get away with. That's how all defenses should play. They squeeze whatever receivers they're covering and make it a very small window for quarterbacks to throw into.

"The great quarterbacks can do it, but there are lot in this league who can't."
NFL Films' Greg Cosell thinks the conversation takes away from how good the Seahawks' secondary is.

"I know in San Francisco they may not like to hear it - that's the best secondary in football and it's not close," Cosell said. "Earl Thomas is hands down the best free safety in the game; there's probably no one in the discussion.

"Sherman, if you just watch Sherman on film, the guy is unbelievable. It's the old Michael Irvin discussion about him pushing off. After a while, it's irrelevant. If the flag's not out, then it doesn't matter. It's not a hold."

Woodson thinks Sherman is the NFL's best cornerback.

"I think he is," Woodson said. "Having a great pass rush helps a lot. Richard challenges guys at the line of scrimmage, he's long, he can run and he can make plays on the ball."

Or this:

http://sulia.com/channel/san-francisco-49ers/f/b6aeafe0-855d-4121-be59-21efe4dd1d26/

#49ers … Is the #Seahawks secondary really the NFL's grabbiest group? NFL Films' Greg Cosell weighed in on @KNBR …

"I think that's probably myth," Cosell said. "When you watch tape, everybody does stuff. It's just you're talking about a good team that's in the spotlight, very visible, with a lot of talkative guys. And I can tell you right now – and I know in San Francisco they may not like to hear it – that's the best secondary in football and it's not close. "Earl Thomas is hands down the best free safety in the game, there's probably no one in the discussion. (Cornerback Richard) Sherman, if you just watch Sherman on film, the guy is unbelievable. It's the old Michael Irvin discussion about him pushing off. After awhile, it's irrelevant. If the flag's not out, then it doesn't matter. It's not a hold."
[ Edited by fiveoldrings on Aug 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by fiveoldrings:

Hall of Fame cornerback Rod Woodson is now an analyst, and the former Raider and 49er has watched Seattle all season.

"I don't think they're dirty," Woodson said. "They get away with what they can get away with. That's how all defenses should play. They squeeze whatever receivers they're covering and make it a very small window for quarterbacks to throw into.

NFL Films' Greg Cosell thinks the conversation takes away from how good the Seahawks' secondary is.

"I know in San Francisco they may not like to hear it - that's the best secondary in football and it's not close," Cosell said. "Earl Thomas is hands down the best free safety in the game; there's probably no one in the discussion.

"Sherman, if you just watch Sherman on film, the guy is unbelievable. It's the old Michael Irvin discussion about him pushing off. After a while, it's irrelevant. If the flag's not out, then it doesn't matter. It's not a hold."

"I think he is," Woodson said. "Having a great pass rush helps a lot. Richard challenges guys at the line of scrimmage, he's long, he can run and he can make plays on the ball."

Or this:

http://sulia.com/channel/san-francisco-49ers/f/b6aeafe0-855d-4121-be59-21efe4dd1d26/

#49ers … Is the #Seahawks secondary really the NFL's grabbiest group? NFL Films' Greg Cosell weighed in on @KNBR …

"I think that's probably myth," Cosell said. "When you watch tape, everybody does stuff. It's just you're talking about a good team that's in the spotlight, very visible, with a lot of talkative guys. And I can tell you right now – and I know in San Francisco they may not like to hear it – that's the best secondary in football and it's not close. "Earl Thomas is hands down the best free safety in the game, there's probably no one in the discussion. (Cornerback Richard) Sherman, if you just watch Sherman on film, the guy is unbelievable. It's the old Michael Irvin discussion about him pushing off. After awhile, it's irrelevant. If the flag's not out, then it doesn't matter. It's not a hold."

You count to five? I know Seahawk fans don't like to hear this but 5 rings are greater than 1
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
100 bucks says he links you to a SEA related website or .nuts.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Or this:

You count to five? I know Seahawk fans don't like to hear this but 5 rings are greater than 1

I'm just here to collect my $100.

Or was the bet only if the other guy linked it?
[ Edited by fiveoldrings on Aug 18, 2014 at 12:46 AM ]
I don't have time for that nonsense.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/2du57v/post_game_thread_preseason_week_2/

Broncos SHUT OUT 49ers at the first game ever in their brand new stadium! Gotta love being a part of history!

I think this is the most hyped I've ever been after a preseason game.

Offense is looking absolutely filthy. I know it's preseason and they're missing starters but it's not like we have Ball or Sanders in. And this is the 49ers! Top five team in football. Preseason or no preseason I like what I see

It's more embarrassing seeing them get so hyped, even more than the chicken littles here.

That's actually pretty funny. Young2Rice should pay up.
Originally posted by rice-a-roni:

It was a joke but I'm glad he wasted his time and efforts.

you also said 100 bucks. nothing about $100 if we're being technical
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/2du57v/post_game_thread_preseason_week_2/

Broncos SHUT OUT 49ers at the first game ever in their brand new stadium! Gotta love being a part of history!

Offense is looking absolutely filthy. I know it's preseason and they're missing starters but it's not like we have Ball or Sanders in. And this is the 49ers! Top five team in football. Preseason or no preseason I like what I see

It's more embarrassing seeing them get so hyped, even more than the chicken littles here.

I could never for the life of me get excited by good play in the preseason. I don't care if Kap throws for 3 tds and goes 10/10 150 yards. It's still preseason and means nothing. Why do people fall for preseason hype every year?
Originally posted by Maulbert:
Harbaugh seems to prefer b***hing out.

hahaha i love harbaugh
Fiveoldrings

What a f*cking pathetic sad bunch.
Lol Harbaugh has so much fire. His love for the game is contagious.
Lol Harbaugh has so much fire. His love for the game is contagious.

he's awesome
Share 49ersWebzone