LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 129 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 3slaters:
That's my point, you guys didn't cheat but thats whay the Panthers fan base screamed afterwards. I think a couple of calls probably should of gone their way or been called like the Boldin example but when you watched the game the better team won. it's stupid when that fan base uses that as an excuse just like its stupid when fans here say Seattle is only good because they hold or cheat. Cossell did a film break down and said Seattle doesn't do anything that most other teams do, they are just better on that side of the ball.

After rambling my initial point is that you guys DID NOT cheat.

Link?

You're gonna be waiting a while for that link. This previously banned seahawk fan was banned again. lol

Good.
Originally posted by WINiner:
That's my point, you guys didn't cheat but thats whay the Panthers fan base screamed afterwards. I think a couple of calls probably should of gone their way or been called like the Boldin example but when you watched the game the better team won. it's stupid when that fan base uses that as an excuse just like its stupid when fans here say Seattle is only good because they hold or cheat. Cossell did a film break down and said Seattle doesn't do anything that most other teams do, they are just better on that side of the ball.

Link?

100 bucks says he links you to a SEA related website or .nuts.

Interesting. I wonder how Cosell would reconcile the "everybody does it" line of logic with Seattle being the most penalized team in the league last year for pass interference? And for the record, Richard Sherman was tied for second most individual calls (5). I'd like to think that there's a reason for this and I'm pretty sure that it's not because Seattle is being picked on.

Personally, I'll watch maybe four games every Sunday and I've never (like, in my life) seen a defense play the way the Seahawks do. That's not to say that other defenses don't try to get away with stuff, but Seattle has taken it to a point where grabbing jerseys and hand-checking has become a staple of their defense. I read an article on this awhile back and the writer basically said that The Seahawks know they're skirting the rules and they're basically daring the refs to throw a flag. They're coached to do this because we all know that the refs won't catch it every time and even if they do, they certainly aren't going flag every single instance of it.

Whether or not this constitutes "cheating" is a matter of debate. A person cheating will usually try to hide their dishonesty. Can't fault Seattle for flaunting it and basically daring the refs to do something about it. And honestly, I don't see this being addressed until the NFL is forced to take action; likely because every other team will soon follow suit.

Copycat league, and all that.
[ Edited by baltien on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
Interesting. I wonder how Cosell would reconcile the "everybody does it" line of logic with Seattle being the most penalized team in the league last year for pass interference? And for the record, Richard Sherman was tied for second most individual calls (5). I'd like to think that there's a reason for this and I'm pretty sure that it's not because Seattle is being picked on.

Personally, I'll watch maybe four games every Sunday and I've never (like, in my life) seen a defense play the way the Seahawks do. That's not to say that other defenses don't try to get away with stuff, but Seattle has taken it to a point where grabbing jerseys and hand-checking has become a staple of their defense. I read an article on this awhile back and the writer basically said that The Seahawks know they're skirting the rules and they're basically daring the refs to throw a flag. They're coached to do this because we all know that the refs won't catch it every time and even if they do, they certainly aren't going flag every single instance of it.

Whether or not this constitutes "cheating" is a matter of debate. A person cheating will usually try to hide their dishonesty. Can't fault Seattle for flaunting it and basically daring the refs to do something about it. And honestly, I don't see this being addressed until the NFL is forced to take action; likely because every other team will soon follow suit.

Copycat league, and all that.

I still say that to combat this we either do it on defense as well OR coach up our very large and physical WRs and TEs to push off shove maim on passing plays before and after the ball is in the air and seek and destroy their DBs on running plays all game long! We too can create a situation where we force the refs to have to call it and if they don't then we can neutralize the defensive tactics of SEA. After 2012 and 2013 I know there is no use complaining about the refs. We just have to take things into our own hands and be diligent about it. You want to play rough well then we can play it too!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I still say that to combat this we either do it on defense as well OR coach up our very large and physical WRs and TEs to push off shove maim on passing plays before and after the ball is in the air and seek and destroy their DBs on running plays all game long! We too can create a situation where we force the refs to have to call it and if they don't then we can neutralize the defensive tactics of SEA. After 2012 and 2013 I know there is no use complaining about the refs. We just have to take things into our own hands and be diligent about it. You want to play rough well then we can play it too!

Harbaugh seems to prefer b***hing out.

Harbaugh's reaction to the Harry Douglas catch in the 2012 title game was hilarious haha
It's a two way street with scrutinizing Harbaugh's reactions. Is he over the top? Sure.

Many around the NFL don't like Carroll's cheerleader approach to the game with the all the jumping up and down and the screaming. Remember his reaction to the fail mary?
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
It's a two way street with scrutinizing Harbaugh's reactions. Is he over the top? Sure.

Many around the NFL don't like Carroll's cheerleader approach to the game with the all the jumping up and down and the screaming. Remember his reaction to the fail mary?

Not to mention his reaction when the refs gifted him (then the Pats coach) a victory over the Bills. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's like he cheers even harder when he knows that he got one over.
Originally posted by baltien:

Not to mention his reaction when the refs gifted him (then the Pats coach) a victory over the Bills. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it's like he cheers even harder when he knows that he got one over.

Some people are addicted tonthw thrill of cheating and getting away with it. Sounds lile chete's MO.

That still pisses me off. He acts like he just won the super bowl (no pun). Plus i hate how he's always smiling and clapping on the sidelines. I hated Cheat Carroll when he was a coach at USC and hate him even more now.

Harbaugh acting like a clown has no bearing on whether or not the Hawks defense 'bends the rules'. Because they do and you know it.

Plenty of scenes of CheaterPete throwing tantrums as well, so what?
[ Edited by Existence on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM ]
Didn't think this warranted another thread, but I thought Manziel's money phone was funny:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/2du57v/post_game_thread_preseason_week_2/

Broncos SHUT OUT 49ers at the first game ever in their brand new stadium! Gotta love being a part of history!

I think this is the most hyped I've ever been after a preseason game.

Offense is looking absolutely filthy. I know it's preseason and they're missing starters but it's not like we have Ball or Sanders in. And this is the 49ers! Top five team in football. Preseason or no preseason I like what I see

It's more embarrassing seeing them get so hyped, even more than the chicken littles here.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/2du57v/post_game_thread_preseason_week_2/

Broncos SHUT OUT 49ers at the first game ever in their brand new stadium! Gotta love being a part of history!

I think this is the most hyped I've ever been after a preseason game.

Offense is looking absolutely filthy. I know it's preseason and they're missing starters but it's not like we have Ball or Sanders in. And this is the 49ers! Top five team in football. Preseason or no preseason I like what I see

It's more embarrassing seeing them get so hyped, even more than the chicken littles here.

LOL. They're desperate for anything positive after that SB thrashing. Pre-season means jacks**t, and they know it.
Share 49ersWebzone