There are 262 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
LMFAO! Patriots fans, their logic is undeniable! Aye Carumba!

(Thread title) With all the legacy talk: What would it take for Brady to overtake Montana?
Christian said:
Brady just needs one more ring. That's it. One more ring and he's the greatest.

Winning 4 and losing 2 is better than winning 4. Why? IT's HARD TO GET TO THE SUPERBOWL. Not to mention, he was 2 plays away from winning 2 more.

Throw in the career stats, all time playoff wins, playoff record, etc etc....and Brady has him beat.

Palm Beach Pats Fan said:
Montana is 4-0.

the following analysis was one I posted in the Manning legacy thread.

one more ring and Tom passes Joe.

Joe Montana's career would have been even greater if he had been 4-3 in Super Bowls rather than 4-0.

If he had been 4-3, it would have meant that 3 extra times he would have won rather than lost in conference championship games. It is better to advance further in the playoffs, is it not?

To argue otherwise is the same as arguing that Brady was better / more successful than Manning in the postseason this year, since he lost the AFCCG rather than winning it, giving him no opportunity to even play in the Super Bowl.

consider a Super Bowl win a gold medal
consider a Super Bowl appearance with a loss as a silver medal (it should NOT be regarded as the worst of all possible season outcomes!)
consider an conference championship appearance with a loss as a bronze medal
consider anything else to be just a participation ribbon!

For his 14 healthy seasons, Montana amassed:
4 golds, no silvers, 3 bronzes

For his 12 healthy seasons, Brady has amassed:
3 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes

Yes, IMO Montana's 4 golds, no silvers, & 3 bronzes beats Brady's 3 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes

Imagine a Brady win in either of the next two seasons though. You'd have both QBs playing 14 complete and healthy years, and then:

Brady's 4 golds, 2 silvers, 3 bronzes clearly beats
Montana's 4 golds, no silvers, & 3 bronzes

Same deal if you imagined that the helmet catch never happened. Tom would have already surpassed Joe. But, alas, the helmet catch did happen.

Tom is closer to Joe IMO than Tom is close to Manning, who is several rungs below him

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1097530-all-legacy-talk-what-would-take-brady-overtake-montana.html

LMAO if that's the case, then I guess Neil O'Donnell was better than Warren Moon, Jim Kelly far greater than Marino, Jake Delhomme better than Dan Fouts
Montana for president!
Jimmy wants $12 mill per year
@LarryHolder: RT @FFD: Jimmy Graham and the Saints remain several million dollars per season apart according to @MikeGarafolo.

m.twitter.com/LarryHolder

@LarryHolder: RT @FFD: According to Mike's sources, the Saints are willing to make Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL. Graham wants roughly $12mil per yr.

Saints probably teeing off about 8.5-9 mill a year, jimmy starting at 12, both have good arguments, who's going to gain first leverage
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/jimmy-wants-%2412-mill-per-year-320859/
  • sfout
  • Veteran
so I can't help but think that the "Jim Harbaugh" thread is adding tens if not hundreds of pages to threads like this on other team fan sites......I wish the madness would stop.

on a different note.

@LarryHolder: RT @FFD: Jimmy Graham and the Saints remain several million dollars per season apart according to @MikeGarafolo.

@LarryHolder: RT @FFD: According to Mike's sources, the Saints are willing to make Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL. Graham wants roughly $12mil per yr.

Saints probably teeing off about 8.5-9 mill a year, jimmy starting at 12, both have good arguments, who's going to gain first leverage

Who is the highest paid TE? Vernon is getting $7M per year, Gronk is getting $8....Who am I forgetting? Why on earth would Jimmy want $12?
Originally posted by sfout:
so I can't help but think that the "Jim Harbaugh" thread is adding tens if not hundreds of pages to threads like this on other team fan sites......I wish the madness would stop.

on a different note.

Who is the highest paid TE? Vernon is getting $7M per year, Gronk is getting $8....Who am I forgetting? Why on earth would Jimmy want $12?

The argument is that Jimmy should be classified as a WR since about 70% of the time he wasn't lined up at TE.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

on a different note.

The argument is that Jimmy should be classified as a WR since about 70% of the time he wasn't lined up at TE.

he should be classified as a wr IMO. when they played seattle and tried to be all tough with running the ball, they brought in 2 other te's while graham spent about half the game on the bench. its clear he cant do things a traditional te can do but can do things in a bigger body that wr's can do.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

on a different note.

he should be classified as a wr IMO. when they played seattle and tried to be all tough with running the ball, they brought in 2 other te's while graham spent about half the game on the bench. its clear he cant do things a traditional te can do but can do things in a bigger body that wr's can do.

yes, he should be classified as wr so they have less money to spend elsewhere

on a different note.

Most of the other teams forums have a Harbaugh thread with the vote pretty much 50/50 to trade/ keep him. Everyone, including myself, is questioning how this spun out of control so quickly and why Jed York hasn't put an end to it..

OTOH is it possible that Graham is pushing for a trade or is he simply just trying to squeeze the Saints for every dollar he can get?
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Yep... Vinatieri won their SBs. They haven't won one since they lost Vinatieri... and getting busted for filming the other teams' walkthroughs.
Hmmm...

Yeah, with all that hanging over Brady, he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as Montana.

And he never will again. No hmmmm....is a fact.

My highest NFL dream is the year the Rams finally make it to the SB is v Brady. Him losing a SB to Rams is his destiny, in a fair world. Just a day dream....
Very faulty logic there, Brady fan. Hate to tell you, but at least one of those Superbowls, the pats shouldn't have even been in it. Brady-boy DID fumble against the raiders, and the refs blew it, and now it's comically known as the Brady tuck rule. Also, don't forget the game where the pats had to kick a field goal in the snow, and they sent out the grounds crew to clear the field. How the refs did not put a stop to that is just unreal. Another fact, didn't 2 of those Superbowls won by the KICKER? Brady will never live up to his idol, Joe Montana.

Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Very faulty logic there, Brady fan. Hate to tell you, but at least one of those Superbowls, the pats shouldn't have even been in it. Brady-boy DID fumble against the raiders, and the refs blew it, and now it's comically known as the Brady tuck rule. Also, don't forget the game where the pats had to kick a field goal in the snow, and they sent out the grounds crew to clear the field. How the refs did not put a stop to that is just unreal. Another fact, didn't 2 of those Superbowls won by the KICKER? Brady will never live up to his idol, Joe Montana.

<3

Rams shoulda played Raiders that year. And, I find it ironic I am saying this on the Niner board where it is all if's like mine re this year and that one Saints play that determined home field.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Mar 1, 2014 at 10:29 PM ]

on a different note.

Most of the other teams forums have a Harbaugh thread with the vote pretty much 50/50 to trade/ keep him. Everyone, including myself, is questioning how this spun out of control so quickly and why Jed York hasn't put an end to it..

OTOH is it possible that Graham is pushing for a trade or is he simply just trying to squeeze the Saints for every dollar he can get?

How could York put an end to it? He has already said it didn't happen. Lies run a lot faster than the truth
Originally posted by English:

on a different note.

How could York put an end to it? He has already said it didn't happen. Lies run a lot faster than the truth

IMO Jed could sit them down and try to make them work their issues out, then come out and present a unified front to the press. Hell they don't even have to work stuff out but they need to look like they are the four musketeers(Jed, Paraag, Baalke, Harbaugh). One big happy family and all that. Jed is their leader and this is a high profile opportunity to act like one. Otherwise it might very well become what the media is making it out to be. All big things start as little things. Just an idea.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM ]
Montana played in a league where the QB was demolished every game. Brady is a sissy and can't even come near Montana's jock strap. Its because of pansies like Brady and Brees we missed a chance to win it all this year.

f**k the new NFL. Its not football anymore. Its something else.
ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins suggests the Cowboys could consider trading Morris Claiborne.
Claiborne has been a bust through his first two NFL seasons and dealt with multiple injuries last year. He's currently behind Orlando Scandrick as the Cowboys' No. 3 corner and could be shopped for a mid-round pick. Claiborne is entering a make-or-break year in 2014. Mar 1 - 3:51 PM Source: ESPN.com

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/31330-claiborne-on-trading-block/
Share 49ersWebzone