There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Other Teams' Message Boards

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by sacleads:
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/684645-why-is-joe-montana-considered-so-great/

LMFAO at OP in this thread. Talk about stupid!

Yeah, the OP got trashed thoroughly in that thread. One persons reply said it perfectly ...

It really is a testament to his greatness when all of us who are making a case for Montana aren't even 49ers fans. When a player is so great that he transcends rival fan conflict then you know this player is a true legend in every sense of the word. It's an honor reserved for very few in sports. He's part of the Jordan/Gretzky/Ruth echelon...
The poster, Hall-of-Famer, is a Patriots fan which shows the respect that Joe gets from most seasoned NFL fans in general.

Yup. There are people always going to stir the pot about this topic but most people know Montana played in a not-so QB friendly era and didn't have the benefits of video taping like Brady did.

Nobody will ever be 4-0 in a super bowl with 3 MVPs in which he won two of those with some average talent around him.
Footballsfuture.com is full of Pats fans that will argue tooth and nail that Brady is the GOAT. It's both funny and sad at the same time.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by sacleads:
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/684645-why-is-joe-montana-considered-so-great/

LMFAO at OP in this thread. Talk about stupid!

Yeah, the OP got trashed thoroughly in that thread. One persons reply said it perfectly ...

It really is a testament to his greatness when all of us who are making a case for Montana aren't even 49ers fans. When a player is so great that he transcends rival fan conflict then you know this player is a true legend in every sense of the word. It's an honor reserved for very few in sports. He's part of the Jordan/Gretzky/Ruth echelon...
The poster, Hall-of-Famer, is a Patriots fan which shows the respect that Joe gets from most seasoned NFL fans in general.

Yup. There are people always going to stir the pot about this topic but most people know Montana played in a not-so QB friendly era and didn't have the benefits of video taping like Brady did.

Nobody will ever be 4-0 in a super bowl with 3 MVPs in which he won two of those with some average talent around him.
Footballsfuture.com is full of Pats fans that will argue tooth and nail that Brady is the GOAT. It's both funny and sad at the same time.

Eh...check the ages on those profiles. I bet it is pretty telling.
http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6375&page=16

"I'd put money toward a fund to get Jim Harbaugh."-jaadam4

"Did you wish for a pony for christmas too?"-Tony G.

"That would definitely be an ironic twist after "Handshake Gate"…lol.In any case, I think it isn't crazy to think he could move on from the 49'ers. Despite his success there has been a lot of stories coming out that he isn't getting along with 49'er management and is basically driving them crazy. As well, he has a pretty rough relationship with the local media. Right now they can't do anything about it since he is winning and that is all the fans care about. But I think if he doesn't win the Super Bowl this year the murmurs of "good coach who can't win the big one" will start and that will really strain his relationship with them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him move back to college and coach Texas where his "rah-rah" personality would be well received and where he could become a revered legend as opposed to being in the NFL where it boils down to "what have you done for me lately?".-Fanfromcali


. Didn't Lions fans crapped on Harb right after the handshake scandal? Now they wishing for Harb to be their next HC.
Originally posted by sacleads:
http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6375&page=16

"I'd put money toward a fund to get Jim Harbaugh."-jaadam4

"Did you wish for a pony for christmas too?"-Tony G.

"That would definitely be an ironic twist after "Handshake Gate"…lol.In any case, I think it isn't crazy to think he could move on from the 49'ers. Despite his success there has been a lot of stories coming out that he isn't getting along with 49'er management and is basically driving them crazy. As well, he has a pretty rough relationship with the local media. Right now they can't do anything about it since he is winning and that is all the fans care about. But I think if he doesn't win the Super Bowl this year the murmurs of "good coach who can't win the big one" will start and that will really strain his relationship with them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him move back to college and coach Texas where his "rah-rah" personality would be well received and where he could become a revered legend as opposed to being in the NFL where it boils down to "what have you done for me lately?".-Fanfromcali


. Didn't Lions fans crapped on Harb right after the handshake scandal? Now they wishing for Harb to be their next HC.

That article/post or what ever has a bunch of reaches in it. Harbaugh in my opinion is not a Raw Raw coach. That's Carrol, Harbaugh is a over top competitive tactician who may also be an ass because of it but he's ours and I love him for it. There are not a bunch of reports about friction with management. There is one conjecture laden article that was regurgitated by the other media people. Much a do about nothing. Jed York, who would love to emulate his uncle, has his Bill Walsh in my opinion of him and Jim, who is a family man, is firmly rooted in Santa Clara with his family.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for Shorteous.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by sacleads:
http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6375&page=16

"I'd put money toward a fund to get Jim Harbaugh."-jaadam4

"Did you wish for a pony for christmas too?"-Tony G.

"That would definitely be an ironic twist after "Handshake Gate"…lol.In any case, I think it isn't crazy to think he could move on from the 49'ers. Despite his success there has been a lot of stories coming out that he isn't getting along with 49'er management and is basically driving them crazy. As well, he has a pretty rough relationship with the local media. Right now they can't do anything about it since he is winning and that is all the fans care about. But I think if he doesn't win the Super Bowl this year the murmurs of "good coach who can't win the big one" will start and that will really strain his relationship with them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him move back to college and coach Texas where his "rah-rah" personality would be well received and where he could become a revered legend as opposed to being in the NFL where it boils down to "what have you done for me lately?".-Fanfromcali


. Didn't Lions fans crapped on Harb right after the handshake scandal? Now they wishing for Harb to be their next HC.

That article/post or what ever has a bunch of reaches in it. Harbaugh in my opinion is not a Raw Raw coach. That's Carrol, Harbaugh is a over top competitive tactician who may also be an ass because of it but he's ours and I love him for it. There are not a bunch of reports about friction with management. There is one conjecture laden article that was regurgitated by the other media people. Much a do about nothing. Jed York, who would love to emulate his uncle, has his Bill Walsh in my opinion of him and Jim, who is a family man, is firmly rooted in Santa Clara with his family.

Oh and Jim wants to be the best amongst MEN not boys in college. He will not go back to college, even if he was fired. He wants to be king of the tallest mountain and I say HELL YA!

Oh and we will miss Roman when he leaves for two reasons. One he is a perfect scape goat for Kap ATM. Two, we are winning and we are winning because of his contribution. It's nice to have somebody to blame while your winning, it's not nice to have people to blame while your loosing.

This is the 49ers where there will always be blaming no matter what happened (even when we win the next superbowl there will still be people who are unhappy, especially during that offseason). I don't know why maybe it's the culture of the region.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/wildcard-weekend-packers-vs-49ers.49585/page-3

Also, Kap is going to need to make plays with his arm in order to beat us. 49ers cannot rely 100% solely on running the ball to beat us. I see Kap struggling really badly in this game in the freezing cold. In fact, I see Kap struggling to pass for 100 yards in this game. I bet his final stats end up being something like 7-25 for 90 yards and 2 INTS.

And cold weather will be the great equalizer and help out our defense. Our defense will not seem as bad as some think it will due to the weather come game time.

Packers 34
49ers 24

Hahaha he really thinks Kaep will struggle that bad? And yet we'll still score 24 points? More points than we scored against Arizona where Kaep had over 300 yards, 2 TDs and no INTs? I'm really tired of delusional fan bases, of all teams, ours included. If you don't know football, shut your trap.
Remember Kap's first pass against the Packers in last year's playoffs?

They probably though they had us right where they wanted us.

They probably haven't gotten over what Kap did to them next.
Originally posted by kray28:
Remember Kap's first pass against the Packers in last year's playoffs?

They probably though they had us right where they wanted us.

They probably haven't gotten over what Kap did to them next.

No they haven't. And it was made worse by week one because they finally stopped him running and got scortched through the air.

Lets see what scheme they try next. haha.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by sacleads:
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/684645-why-is-joe-montana-considered-so-great/

LMFAO at OP in this thread. Talk about stupid!

Yeah, the OP got trashed thoroughly in that thread. One persons reply said it perfectly ...

It really is a testament to his greatness when all of us who are making a case for Montana aren't even 49ers fans. When a player is so great that he transcends rival fan conflict then you know this player is a true legend in every sense of the word. It's an honor reserved for very few in sports. He's part of the Jordan/Gretzky/Ruth echelon...

THIS.

Plus since it's an Eagles forum, maybe they could remind the OP about the 1989 game vs. us where Joe got sacked 8 times, and threw 4 TDs in the 4th quarter in a come from behind win, perhaps Joe's best.

EDIT: They did.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 31, 2013 at 6:48 AM ]
Rank QBs on playoff teams
outside of Brees, who would you have the most confidence in to lead your team?

1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Wilson
4-Manning
5-Foles
6-Luck
7-Kaepernick
8-Rivers
9-Newton
10-Smith
11- Dalton
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rank-qbs-playoff-teams-317747/
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Rank QBs on playoff teams
outside of Brees, who would you have the most confidence in to lead your team?

1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Wilson
4-Manning
5-Foles
6-Luck
7-Kaepernick
8-Rivers
9-Newton
10-Smith
11- Dalton
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rank-qbs-playoff-teams-317747/

actually an interesting topic. Not considering Kaep

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Manning
5. Wilson
6. Newton
7. Foles
8. Smith
9. Luck
10. Rivers
11. Dalton
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by kray28:
Remember Kap's first pass against the Packers in last year's playoffs?

They probably though they had us right where they wanted us.

They probably haven't gotten over what Kap did to them next.

No they haven't. And it was made worse by week one because they finally stopped him running and got scortched through the air.

Lets see what scheme they try next. haha.

dom capers is a garbage DC
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Rank QBs on playoff teams
outside of Brees, who would you have the most confidence in to lead your team?

1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Wilson
4-Manning
5-Foles
6-Luck
7-Kaepernick
8-Rivers
9-Newton
10-Smith
11- Dalton
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rank-qbs-playoff-teams-317747/

actually an interesting topic. Not considering Kaep

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Manning
5. Wilson
6. Newton
7. Foles
8. Smith
9. Luck
10. Rivers
11. Dalton

Guys! What is Manning's playoff record? Sanchez and Flacco have better records!
Wow...lot of love for Foles...
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Rank QBs on playoff teams
outside of Brees, who would you have the most confidence in to lead your team?

1-Rodgers
2-Brady
3-Wilson
4-Manning
5-Foles
6-Luck
7-Kaepernick
8-Rivers
9-Newton
10-Smith
11- Dalton
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/rank-qbs-playoff-teams-317747/

i'd say Kap is closer to the bottom.