There are 200 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=83719&start=20

Lol @ some of these comments. Check out the user named SportsHernia.

as i said in the the seahawks thread, i get cheering for us to lose, but its like they forgot how hard a winless TB team played them at home.
Originally posted by crabman82:

as i said in the the seahawks thread, i get cheering for us to lose, but its like they forgot how hard a winless TB team played them at home.

Now they know how we felt the four times a s**tty team almost beat them, only to have said s**tty teams commit a stupid mistake.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Now they know how we felt the four times a s**tty team almost beat them, only to have said s**tty teams commit a stupid mistake.

exactly. they've had a good season with some really lucky moments. i'm fine with it, but dont come at us trying to critique our wins.
I said it once, and I'll say it 100 times. Any team that won a game on the Fail Mary ruling has no right to talk about luck or bad ref calls.

If it weren't for the lucky onsides recovery the Falcons would not have even been in position to come close to winning. Bowman should have recovered the ball at midfield where we would have been milking clock anyways. This was a game in which we thoroughly dominated ATL in the trenches as indicated by the rushing yardage gained and given up. We deserved to win despite our passive defensive play calling and we did. I am glad the gimmick onside kick didn't foil us
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If it weren't for the lucky onsides recovery the Falcons would not have even been in position to come close to winning. Bowman should have recovered the ball at midfield where we would have been milking clock anyways. This was a game in which we thoroughly dominated ATL in the trenches as indicated by the rushing yardage gained and given up. We deserved to win despite our passive defensive play calling and we did. I am glad the gimmick onside kick didn't foil us

If you're only using the second half to base your decision on. Their defense stopped us consistently in the first half. Big drops killed multiple drives.

But we thoroughly dominated the majority of the second half. Ryan was amazing... 14/16 140 yds and 2 TDs in the 4th quarter... then the INT to seal it. and their onside kick was probably the best I've ever seen. I'm not surprised that Bowman miss read it. Good thing he could redeem himself .
Arizona Cardinals Forum:

Can we catch one break? Just one stinkin' break?!?To think we may go 11-5 and miss the playoffs, oh the travesty of it all! All we've needed is for Carolina or the 49ers to stumble just once, and yet both teams have pulled out miraculous wins over the last month.Carolina came from behind to beat the Patriots, they beat the 9ers by a single point, they convert a 4th & 10 and scored their only TD of the game late to beat the Dolphins, they score a TD with less than a minute to beat the Saints.The 49ers upset the Seahawks with a game winning FG, then get the immaculate reception 2.0 to beat the Falcons.What have we done to anger the gods?!? But I digress. On a serious note, I realize the Cardinals are here because they left fate to chance by not winning the games they needed to (That week 1 loss to the Rams really stings right now, and don't get me started about the Philly game).Here's hoping we can appease the football gods by Sunday. If the Bucs are going to win in New Orleans, we are going to need divine intervention.

Yup. Frustrating.

About 6 games that would be considered close to toss-ups ALL went the EXACT way Arizona needed them NOT to go... and then to add insult to injury, just when it looks like we might catch the break of all breaks (Atlanta winning at SF) it's ripped away from us on a miracle fluke play.

If just ONE of those 6 games goes our way, just go 1-5, we control our destiny. If it's more like 3-4, we have already clinched. Instead... 0-7. Ridiculously unlucky. Like having AA against KK and watching the board come A-8-8... K... K... 5 hands in a row.

And it's not even close. I'm getting sick of everyone talking about the 11-5 2008 Patriots. They had a ridiculously easy schedule, with only one win over a 10+ win team (they beat Miami.) But the Dolphins were kind of a fraud (whose record was padded by a mid-season streak built on the back of a gimmick called the Wildcat) and got bounced in their first playoff game.

Arizona, if they finish 11-5, will have defeated FOUR 11+ win teams (Seattle, SF, Carolina, Indianapolis- if the Colts beat Jacksonville at home.) Four! Only Indianapolis can say that (Seattle, SF, Denver, KC.) Not Seattle. Not SF. Not Denver. Not New Orleans. Not Carolina.

The NFL should be embarrassed that a team that is undoubtedly one of the five best in the entire NFL, and quite possibly THE BEST right now, won't make the postseason at 11-5. It would be a DOMINANT 11-5, not a fluky 11-5 like 2008 New England or 2013 Kansas City (who still has not beaten a single team with a winning record this year.)

Anybody with a good pass rush will beat the Saints

Fair or not we have left it in the hands of the judges. I said it after the Eagles game. I said it to Seahawk fans sunday. Just like in a boxing or MMA match you cannot leave it in the hands f the judges because they are human. Had we not blown an 11 point 4th quarter lead in week 1 we would not be in this position and we would have delivered a knockout blow to the NFC.

Leave it to the hapless Falcons to blow that game. So disappointing.

You have the ball deep in 49er territory with very little time left in regulation, down by 3 and you throw a pick 6? Looking at the "deer in the headlights look" on Matt Ryan's face said it all. You don't ever make a throw like that in that situation. Just throw it away or take a sack. But that explains the Falcons right there.

If they go another 10 or 11 yards and score a TD they most likely win the game. If they can't they make a chip shot field goal to force overtime. Wow

Oh well, now we need Tampa Bay. It stinks having to root for these other teams to help us, but thats football huh?

Cant remember being this disappointed for a long time. Still hoping for a miracle though, GO BUCS!!

Just so proud of our Cardinals and great to be a part of this with you fine folks!
Watching those lucky-*** Niners steal that last second Int last night and win the game, I noticed once again that their best (or most important) 15 players:

QB Kaepernick
ILB N Bowman
ILB P Willis -1
OLB A Smith -1
DE J Smith # -1
WR M Crabtree -1
WR A Boldin # (who they got illegally)
TE V Davis -1
OLB A Brooks #
LT J Staley -1
RT A Davis -1
LG M Iupati -1
RG A Boone
FS E Reid -1
CB C Rogers # -1
DT G Dorsey # -1

NONE of their best players, LIKE LAST YEAR, got injured or went on the IR. No serious injuries to any important players!

Crabtree missed the first 1/2 of the year with an achilles, but not the second half, most important part.

Iupati missed 3 games.
But just like last year and the year before, their lack of serious injuries, to key players, is like a rabbit's foot compared to us.

How does that kind of beating-the-odds luck continue for them?
I was tired of it last year, figured this year the odds would catch up with them this year and they'd have a year like us with injuries. But nope, even healthier than last year for them, and yep, we had another "year like us" with massive # of key injuries, fatal to us.

Is it luck, or is there something to it in terms of training, drugs, equipment?
It's been so bad for us, and lucky for them, again, that I actually (hate to admit) find myself hoping to see Niners studs face down after each play and wheeled off like Cobb or Finley or Sherrod or Collins was. Or in a cast like Matthews, Bulaga, etc.

# denotes player obtained via FA or trade
-1 denotes player was a 1st round draft pick
FrankRizzo, Yesterday at 5:15 AM

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/am-i-the-only-one-who-hates-the-49ers.49436/

How comical! Oh, so they're going to act like Schaub didn't go potato and basically gifted them a W last minute in Houston? Did they forget earlier in the season that the then winless Bucs were waxing that ass the entire first half in their house and they had to fight hard for a W in OT? And let's not forget their latest failure - defense forces 4 turnovers and they still loss.

Seahawks have no business calling us out when they have lucked out so many times this year (vs Panthers, Rams, Bucs, Texans).
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Watching those lucky-*** Niners steal that last second Int last night and win the game, I noticed once again that their best (or most important) 15 players:

QB Kaepernick
ILB N Bowman
ILB P Willis -1
OLB A Smith -1
DE J Smith # -1
WR M Crabtree -1
WR A Boldin # (who they got illegally)
TE V Davis -1
OLB A Brooks #
LT J Staley -1
RT A Davis -1
LG M Iupati -1
RG A Boone
FS E Reid -1
CB C Rogers # -1
DT G Dorsey # -1

NONE of their best players, LIKE LAST YEAR, got injured or went on the IR. No serious injuries to any important players!

Crabtree missed the first 1/2 of the year with an achilles, but not the second half, most important part.

Iupati missed 3 games.
But just like last year and the year before, their lack of serious injuries, to key players, is like a rabbit's foot compared to us.

How does that kind of beating-the-odds luck continue for them?
I was tired of it last year, figured this year the odds would catch up with them this year and they'd have a year like us with injuries. But nope, even healthier than last year for them, and yep, we had another "year like us" with massive # of key injuries, fatal to us.

Is it luck, or is there something to it in terms of training, drugs, equipment?
It's been so bad for us, and lucky for them, again, that I actually (hate to admit) find myself hoping to see Niners studs face down after each play and wheeled off like Cobb or Finley or Sherrod or Collins was. Or in a cast like Matthews, Bulaga, etc.

# denotes player obtained via FA or trade
-1 denotes player was a 1st round draft pick
FrankRizzo, Yesterday at 5:15 AM

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/am-i-the-only-one-who-hates-the-49ers.49436/

I do give a hell of a lot of credit to the Packers for even being in contention to make the playoffs with all the injuries they've suffered this season (QB being the most critical), but to say that the Niners haven't dealt with their share of injuries is just absolute BS. The original starting NT Ian Williams was injured for the remainder of the season in only week 2 plus we've had at least four or five other starters miss a couple of games here and there not to mention that Crabtree whose really the #1 receiver missed the first 11 games of the season and Mario Manningham has contributed pretty much nothing after coming back halfway through the season and expected to infuse the passing game with a little more production. Not to mention that Bruce Miller, the best fullback in the league, is no longer available. In the Niners system that position is as important as the tight end where on most other teams the FB has become a total dinosaur. This team's roster is just that much deeper than it has been even in the past and continues to be one of the deepest rosters in the NFL.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:

How comical! Oh, so they're going to act like Schaub didn't go potato and basically gifted them a W last minute in Houston? Did they forget earlier in the season that the then winless Bucs were waxing that ass the entire first half in their house and they had to fight hard for a W in OT? And let's not forget their latest failure - defense forces 4 turnovers and they still loss.

Seahawks have no business calling us out when they have lucked out so many times this year (vs Panthers, Rams, Bucs, Texans).

Yeah, I had to stop reading their double standards, it was hurting my head.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I do give a hell of a lot of credit to the Packers for even being in contention to make the playoffs with all the injuries they've suffered this season (QB being the most critical), but to say that the Niners haven't dealt with their share of injuries is just absolute BS. The original starting NT Ian Williams was injured for the remainder of the season in only week 2 plus we've had at least four or five other starters miss a couple of games here and there not to mention that Crabtree whose really the #1 receiver missed the first 11 games of the season and Mario Manningham has contributed pretty much nothing after coming back halfway through the season and expected to infuse the passing game with a little more production. Not to mention that Bruce Miller, the best fullback in the league, is no longer available. In the Niners system that position is as important as the tight end where on most other teams the FB has become a total dinosaur. This team's roster is just that much deeper than it has been even in the past and continues to be one of the deepest rosters in the NFL.

Most Packer fans I have met have been classy and knowledgable, but this sets new standards! Can't stand people wishing for players to get injured.

My perception of this year is, we have seriously struggled with injuries at key positions. So I am kind of surprised to read this sort of comment. Whilst I am sorry for them that they lost Rodgers, if you sink a fat slab of your salary cap into one player you have to face the consequences. I am guessing they have been watching our 2nd and 3rd string DL and thinking they were starters?
Originally posted by English:
Can't stand people wishing for players to get injured.

I am guessing they have been watching our 2nd and 3rd string DL and thinking they were starters?

Regarding the first comment, that is as low class as it gets. It throws that posters credibility right out the window. That probably explains the second comment ... clueless, with some jealousy mixed in.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Regarding the first comment, that is as low class as it gets. It throws that posters credibility right out the window. That probably explains the second comment ... clueless, with some jealousy mixed in.

I like the way he referred to "steal"-ing the interception...I thought that was the point
They think the niners don't deal with injuries...when in fact they do, only difference for SF is that their roster is stacked and they feel the player missing only to some degree, unlike them their blows are lethal and can't have a secondary plan or next man up like SF does.
Share 49ersWebzone