LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
" Carolina's front 7 could very well be as good as the niners front 7. and both secondaries suck, that's what i'm saying. the fact that you didn't know that and you came with your Carolina's inferior post, shows me you are not a student of the game unless it pertains to SF, and you post out of your backside without knowing the facts. You come on here with that weak S**t and your gonna get creampied every time Snookums.. MMKay.."-Hawker84

Get em backup
Not enough to share the link, you gotta post the actual comment. And of course the comment will be taken out of context seeing how you didn't post any of the comments between us from the previous days leading up to this one. Well done.. Forum stalking 101, for those of you interested in taking the course.

But you kind of just proved my point.. I said Carolina's front 7 Could Very Well Be as good as the niners, didn't flat out say they are... Hard to say after 1 wk.. What quote you want to tattletale on me next.. And why am i even having this discussion with a teenager. Are you even old enough to be on the internetz alone?
Originally posted by hawker84:
" Carolina's front 7 could very well be as good as the niners front 7. and both secondaries suck, that's what i'm saying. the fact that you didn't know that and you came with your Carolina's inferior post, shows me you are not a student of the game unless it pertains to SF, and you post out of your backside without knowing the facts. You come on here with that weak S**t and your gonna get creampied every time Snookums.. MMKay.."-Hawker84

Get em backup
Not enough to share the link, you gotta post the actual comment. And of course the comment will be taken out of context seeing how you didn't post any of the comments between us from the previous days leading up to this one. Well done.. Forum stalking 101, for those of you interested in taking the course.

But you kind of just proved my point.. I said Carolina's front 7 Could Very Well Be as good as the niners, didn't flat out say they are... Hard to say after 1 wk.. What quote you want to tattletale on me next.. And why am i even having this discussion with a teenager. Are you even old enough to be on the internetz alone?

Carolina's front 7 is top 10. Our front 7 is #1.

Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks.

That is FOUR all-pros and a pro-bowlers. And not just any pro-bowlers. Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis are on track for the hall of fame. Bowman and Smith are on the fringe of HOF territory.

Carolina is not in the same stratosphere. .
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by davide49:
EXACTLY.

Then again, these are the same folks who think Richard Sherman is as good as/better than Willis, A/J Smith and Bowman.

The fact is that the Niners have four dudes on D that are better than ANY player on the Seahawks D.

They have all pro's on the line as well, not to mention Kueckley and Star are montsters... So i beg to differ, they may not be at the same level, but they're pretty darn good. don't take my word for it, you'll see when you play them,

Name one.

Still waiting.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Typical Seahawk. Can only win an argument in the home forum but not on a road forum.

I'm losing this argument, news to me....

That was a joke. Read it again.

That is FOUR all-pros and a pro-bowlers. And not just any pro-bowlers. Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis are on track for the hall of fame. Bowman and Smith are on the fringe of HOF territory.

where are you getting Carolina is top 10? and SF is #1, just curious.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by davide49:
EXACTLY.

Then again, these are the same folks who think Richard Sherman is as good as/better than Willis, A/J Smith and Bowman.

The fact is that the Niners have four dudes on D that are better than ANY player on the Seahawks D.

They have all pro's on the line as well, not to mention Kueckley and Star are montsters... So i beg to differ, they may not be at the same level, but they're pretty darn good. don't take my word for it, you'll see when you play them,

Name one.

Still waiting.

My opinion. Can you name a better front then the niners? Also, we are still waiting for you to name Carolina's all pro front.

Get em backup

Are you really going to call me young after calling me a tattle tale? Lol

Anthony Dixon says quit being such a shehawk
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Sep 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]

Get em backup

Two things, hawker84:

1) You are on our board so expect a lot of the members (or one in this case) to rib you wrong. Don't take it personal.

2) There was no need for that bolded/underlined comment.

Go answer LA's question about Carolina's abundance of all pros on the line. He has asked you twice to name one.

Temperature down in here please
Originally posted by 8008:
When did the Seahawks become a "rival"? They are the seahawks.. the SEAHAWKS..

They are still pretty much an expansion team that the NFL keeps around to keep divisions even,
and people should feel sorry for their loud, wayward, and obnoxious fans.

Making fun of them is like making fun of a handicapped child who doesn't know any better.

The Iowa Barnstormers are typically a more formidable team.

We might as well make the Cardinals an official rival while we are at it. Browns too. Charlotte Bobcats while we are at it.

My feelings as well. It's hard for me to hate such an ahistorical franchise.

Not trying to pour gasoline on a fire but the Seahawks were the least relevant AFC team I could think of before the 2002 re-alignment. Let's go down the list:

AFC East:

Bills - 4 consecutive super bowl appearances
Patriots - Two super bowl appearances
Dolphins - '72 Dolphins, Dan Marino.
Jets - Joe Namath and Super Bowl III
Indianapolis/Baltimore Colts - Super bowl appearance

AFC Central:

Pittsburgh Steelers - 'nuff said
Cleveland Browns - a few NFL Championships. Jim Brown. nearly beat Broncos in '80s to go to super bowl.
Cincinnati Bengals - two super bowl appearances.
Houston Oilers - many competitive teams in 70s-90s...nearly went to super bowl.

AFC West:

Denver Broncos - Six super bowl appearances, last two as champions.
Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders - Two super bowl championships.
Kansas City Chiefs - Two super bowl appearances, one as champion.

Seattle Seahawks - Nothing before realignment. Only claim to fame is producing an 80 before 80....setting the TD receiving record for Rice to break. One hall of fame player that the average fan would know (Steve Largent).

And in case you thought it's AFC only, NFC has no suckers as well:

NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys - 5 Lombardis in 8 appearances.
New York Giants - NFL championships and 2 Lombardis
Washington Redskins - Two Lombardis, 3 appearances
Philadelphia Eagles - Super bowl appearance, 3 NFL championships, very competitive from late '80s onwards
St. Louis/Phoenix Cardinals - Pretty irrelevant in Super Bowl era up to realignment, but is the oldest professional football franchise. Two NFL championships from '20s, and cursed by controversy of '25 NFL Championship.

NFC Central:

Chicago Bears - George Halas trophy named for NFC champ. A Lombardi. Historic franchise
Green Bay Packers - Title-town.
Minnesota Vikings - Four super bowl appearances, and many competitive teams in late '80s and late '90s.
Detroit Lions - Cursed for fifty years after Bobby Lane swore them off. Four NFL championships.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ok, pretty sucky from '76-mid '90s. But turned it around in late '90s and became champs first year of realignment.

NFC West:

San Francisco 49ers - Ahem.
St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams - Three super bowl appearances (one Lombardi), two more NFL Championships. 49ers biggest all time rival in division.
Atlanta Falcons - Pretty irrelevant until Deion Sanders, Andre Rison era to kick off the '90s. Made it to the super bowl.
New Orleans Saints - Saints were pretty irrelevant. When they had a decent QB (Archie Manning) rest of team sucked. When they got a great defense, no offense.

If you take the marginal teams here up to realignment: Bucs, Falcons, Saints, Cardinals, you could argue they've done more than the Seahawks have as far as relevance since then. Jacksonville has been to AFC championship game, Carolina in a super bowl, Titans have played in a super bowl extending the Oilers success, and the Ravens have won two super bowls. Saints won a super bowl. Falcons have been very strong the last few years.

Their relevance is all recent and their coaching tree includes all guys who were SF first (Holmgren, Mora Jr, even Carroll).

When in doubt ask someone who is more relevant to the history of the NFL: Seahawks or _______?

The list ain't big, if at all.

A lot is riding on them making something of what they have now. They win a super bowl and they move up a nice # of spots.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Temperature down in here please

I will take full responsibility, sorry guys
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Not trying to pour gasoline on a fire but the Seahawks were the least relevant AFC team I could think of before the 2002 re-alignment.

Yep. And that's a big reason why they were a candidate to be moved to the NFC. Excellent breakdown.

And heck, even their current squad (who I think is very good) has a massive disconnect between what they've accomplished and how they seem to regard themselves.
Originally posted by kidash98:

Get em backup

Two things, hawker84:

1) You are on our board so expect a lot of the members (or one in this case) to rib you wrong. Don't take it personal.

2) There was no need for that bolded/underlined comment.

Share 49ersWebzone