There are 217 users in the forums

Other Teams' Message Boards

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by English:
Translation?

I made a comment in the "NFL Nation" forum on the Hawks board and was called "Prelag."

I had no idea what that meant until I visited their "Shack" and they think this Prelag person has a bunch of ghost nics and because I posted something Hawks challenging, I must be a Prelag ghost. I think that is what they meant.

I even posted in the Prelag shack thread that I am not Prelag, and then got a comment saying I'm "evidently Prelag."

To be honest, I have no idea what the story is behind this.

ETA: Marvin and NinerLifer are suggested ghosts as well. Prelag must have made some big impression over there.

Nice ghost story, let us know when the sequel comes out
Here's a little reminder that Hawker84 can pass on to this Seahawk loving friends:

2010 Regular Season: Jets beat Patriots at home 28-14, then get blown out in New England 45-3.

Jets beat Patriots 28-21 in divisional round @ New England to advance to AFC Championship Game.

You cannot put stock in blowouts, esp. between two teams of comparable strength.

Having beaten the Patriots, only one extra win was needed to seal the division. While some fans refuse to see the logic, I feel that it was wise to take a dive against Seattle (as painful as that sounds as a Niner fan) that way if we met them in the playoffs, only one meaningful game was played against them.

Teams historically following huge victories have been known to face letdowns. The league is made up of players, not machines.

As an FYI, the 49ers two week annihilation of the Jets and Bills this season by the winning margins put up was a setup for a letdown against the Giants based on historical data. I saw some Giants fans put it up but kept it quiet on here that week....

We can go all night with this....1981 season, 45-14 against Cowboys, and barely beating them a few months later to get to the Super Bowl.

Hawker, are you ready for that NFC West crown now all nice and easy?
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on May 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
i have no idea what you're talking about.. i don't talk about that nonsense i talk about actual football.. it was an important rivalry game which a victory would get us into the playoff's, nothing more nothing less... to say it was our SB is hogwash and any real NFL fan would know that.

This statement is laughable. For many/most Cawks fans if you begin to argue the virtues of each team invariably the Cawks fan "42-13, thats all I im gonna say" or something to the effect. Maybe not you, but the majority of your brethren and you know it.
Originally posted by WINiner:
i have no idea what you're talking about.. i don't talk about that nonsense i talk about actual football.. it was an important rivalry game which a victory would get us into the playoff's, nothing more nothing less... to say it was our SB is hogwash and any real NFL fan would know that.

This statement is laughable. For many/most Cawks fans if you begin to argue the virtues of each team invariably the Cawks fan "42-13, thats all I im gonna say" or something to the effect. Maybe not you, but the majority of your brethren and you know it.
again i speak only for myself, if you have an issue with the rest of the seahawk fans, you should take your argument there..

to address your argument, If you think that most of the knowledgable Seahawk fans think that was one of our most important victories in our history, then your statement sir is the one laughable.. it was fun to whoop on you like that, nothing more , nothing less.. hisorical ? please...
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 13, 2013 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Here's a little reminder that Hawker84 can pass on to this Seahawk loving friends:

2010 Regular Season: Jets beat Patriots at home 28-14, then get blown out in New England 45-3.

Jets beat Patriots 28-21 in divisional round @ New England to advance to AFC Championship Game.

You cannot put stock in blowouts, esp. between two teams of comparable strength.

Having beaten the Patriots, only one extra win was needed to seal the division. While some fans refuse to see the logic, I feel that it was wise to take a dive against Seattle (as painful as that sounds as a Niner fan) that way if we met them in the playoffs, only one meaningful game was played against them.

Teams historically following huge victories have been known to face letdowns. The league is made up of players, not machines.

As an FYI, the 49ers two week annihilation of the Jets and Bills this season by the winning margins put up was a setup for a letdown against the Giants based on historical data. I saw some Giants fans put it up but kept it quiet on here that week....

We can go all night with this....1981 season, 45-14 against Cowboys, and barely beating them a few months later to get to the Super Bowl.

Good post, stats are stats, hence the old saying. that's why they play the games.. as far as the last sentence.. I expect nothing less..
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM ]

again i speak only for myself, if you have an issue with the rest of the seahawk fans, you should take your argument there..

to address your argument, If you think that most of the knowledgable Seahawk fans think that was one of our most important victories in our history, then your statement sir is the one laughable.. it was fun to whoop on you like that, nothing more , nothing less.. hisorical ? please...

Oh c'mon, it's practically a rallying cry. It is a little difficult to reconcile that Seahawks fans don't consider that victory "historical" when it is constantly referenced on .net and seahawkblue.com. Heck, even now, in the dead of May, months removed from that December game and 3 months before preseason even starts, there is a thread on .net where virtually every comment is in regards to that game. I would struggle to tell you the exact score of many 49er games from last season, but right off the top of my head I would know 42-13 simply because I have seen/heard it ad nauseum from Seahawk fans.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Good post, stats are stats, hence the old saying. that's why the play the games.. as far as the last sentence.. I expect nothing less..

1989 - the LA Rams had a real good team. Their QB, Jim Everette was billed as the next Joe Montana. They beat the Niners at the Stick and if not for an incredible comeback and a 3-point win in LA, they would have swept the Niners that year. They played the Niners in the NFC Championship game.

Niners won 30-3. The headline in the LA Times the next day was "THE SAN FRANCISCO CHAINSAW MASSACRE".
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Oh c'mon, it's practically a rallying cry. It is a little difficult to reconcile that Seahawks fans don't consider that victory "historical" when it is constantly referenced on .net and seahawkblue.com. Heck, even now, in the dead of May, months removed from that December game and 3 months before preseason even starts, there is a thread on .net where virtually every comment is in regards to that game. I would struggle to tell you the exact score of many 49er games from last season, but right off the top of my head I would know 42-13 simply because I have seen/heard it ad nauseum from Seahawk fans.

LOL
Off the top of my head, I remember 45-3 over Buffalo... 38-31 over New England... shutting out the Jets.... 45-31 over Green Bay, 28-24 over Atlanta, and 34-31 in the Super Bowl.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

In the end, CAWK fan will side with his/her "bretheren" before you, my man...

Rubber fed me a spam sammich
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on May 14, 2013 at 2:53 AM ]
Originally posted by davidrock018:
Rubber fed me a spam sammich

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

LOL

I can't wait to wipe that slate clean next season.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I can't wait to wipe that slate clean next season.

The only way to do that is for the Niners to go up there that second week and win that game - winning it convincingly would be nice. And, you know what? If the Niners do that, there won't be any Seahawks-style taunting either. This Niner team has a lot more class than that.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The only way to do that is for the Niners to go up there that second week and win that game - winning it convincingly would be nice. And, you know what? If the Niners do that, there won't be any Seahawks-style taunting either. This Niner team has a lot more class than that.

Yup. That's a must win as a fan.
Share 49ersWebzone