There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Other Teams' Message Boards

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by hawker84:
i would think our division championship victory would have been, but hey whatever helps you sleep at night..

You gotta admit dude, the media and 'Seahawks fans a haven't shut up about it since it happened. Go one NFL.com or ESPN and read the comments.

Even on Seahawks.net it is still being offered up as "proof" that the 'Hawks are the superior team.

I'd tend to agree. It takes no longer than about 30 seconds into any Seahawks conversation before the number 42-13 come up. They complain about the Niners 5 rings thing, but at least those 5 rings represent 5 championships, not one game in the regular season.

...against a divisional opponent at home.

lol
I'd tend to agree. It takes no longer than about 30 seconds into any Seahawks conversation before the number 42-13 come up. They complain about the Niners 5 rings thing, but at least those 5 rings represent 5 championships, not one game in the regular season.

Right. So now the argument is "5 rings" was so long ago it doesn't count. Yet 42-13 is still more relevant than our Super Bowl appearance because, well, ...I don't think they even know why.
this discussion still going on?.. So let me get this straight.. Our victory over you last season was bigger than all our division and conference championship victories?

OK

As far as 42-13 and 5 rings = neither means nothing next season..
this discussion still going on?.. So let me get this straight.. Our victory over you last season was bigger than all our division and conference championship victories?

OK

You speak of conference championships as if you have more than one
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I have never understood the desire to go to another team's message board, only to ridicule what the other fans say.

Of course they are going to be homer fans and ignorant to the strengths of any other teams. What do people expect? Some level of "respect" or acknowledgement? It isn't going to happen. Not here, not there and surely not in a forum of a division rival. To me, it is like looking for a fight that you can't win. Ehh.. I'm old and just don't have the energy for that. I see Hags fans here trying to argue opinions... that is never going to amount to anything, I surely don't want to see what it looks like in reverse on the Seahawks board.

Okay, this one I need to disagree with. I dont go to other message boards to be a poster, but just to read what others have to say about us, or about themselves. It gives a different fan perspective. While most of the other fans (especially seahawk fans) that seem to come to the zone the week we are playing them are complete homers and useless posters, there are a few, that have stayed around and have actually made our board a little more interesting and better. Hawker, RedAlice, NavyHawk. They are just fans. Not complete homers. Offer a different perspective here, where guys like Marvin and Beeker (who are on their boards) talk about the teams in complete respect for each other, and not the same old RW is better than Kap because......or Gore is better than Lynch because.....or Kap has a smallish head, or RW is a midget.......

You get what I'm saying? Not all people that go to other message boards are trolling or pure homers. I doubt anyone considers Marvin or Beeker a blind homer. So take the other fan posters with a grain of salt. Those that want to talk football and seem to have a clue seem to stick around, the blind homers coming to hate get run off or banned rather quick.

OK

Hate to say it man, but as far as Hawks fans go.....you are definitely in the minority.

OK

Of course it isn't bigger....but you might want to inform the rest of your fanbase of that. I know .net is just kinda the lunatic fringe of your fanbase, but 42-13 seems to be the mantra of that entire site. I never hear about the division crowns or the NFC Championship....its all about 42-13.

WE don't think that game was important....but a very large portion of your fanbase thinks that game was the end all be all of the conversation.

What really bugs me is how the 5 Rings conversation gets shut down as if it was in teh Dark Ages. Some of us remember all of those Championships. Some of us remember a time before the Seahawks were even in this division. Many Seahawks fans act as if they have dominated the division since its inception with a complete lack of knowledge abut the rivalries that were there long before they were a part of the NFC.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM ]
Hate to say it man, but as far as Hawks fans go.....you are definitely in the minority.

meaning what exactly?

meaning what exactly?

You can string 2 sentences together without using the numbers 42-13.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on May 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

OK

You speak of conference championships as if you have more than one

Ummm, no i was referring to our division and conference championships.. as in we've won the division at least once and we've won the conference at least once, hence multiple championships..
Of course it isn't bigger....but you might want to inform the rest of your fanbase of that. I know .net is just kinda the lunatic fringe of your fanbase, but 42-13 seems to be the mantra of that entire site. I never hear about the division crowns or the NFC Championship....its all about 42-13.

WE don't think that game was important....but a very large portion of your fanbase thinks that game was the end all be all of the conversation.

What really bugs me is how the 5 Rings conversation gets shut down as if it was in teh Dark Ages. Some of us remember all of those Championships. Some of us remember a time before the Seahawks were even in this division. Many Seahawks fans act as if they have dominated the division since its inception with a complete lack of knowledge abut the rivalries that were there long before they were a part of the NFC.

Lol , i hear ya, there's very young fans on both boards...
You can string 2 sentences together without using the numbers 42-13.

Ah, ya that whole 42-13 thing was funny for about a week, just annoying now.
Ah, ya that whole 42-13 thing was funny for about a week, just annoying now.

It happened... I would expect nothing less from Niner fans if the roles were reversed. Prepare yourself.
When Jordan says he has 6 rings, went 6 for 6 in the Finals with 6 MVPs and never went to a game 7 it had value then and it still has value now. The jewelry, the titles and the trophies are eternal and the same applies to any 49er fan that has had the pleasure to experience said titles. I sleep well at night thinking of those triumphs and recalling every big play. The 5 Lombardi's meant something then and they mean something now as they are on the ledger and in the trophy case for all fans, players, owners, and coaches to see. They are our legacy and they count for something. Now this won't win us any games this season but it adds to the esteem. That said, it is kind of lazy to use past victory to reason why we will win future contests
[ Edited by Pillbusta on May 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM ]
Found this at Saints Report-
"Let me start off by saying that every year there are teams that had unprecedented success the year pryor, and stock up during free agency, only to fail once actual games start being played. San Francisco and Seattle fit this formula, the difference being that SF has proven for a second straight year that they are legit. Now, the question is: do you buy the hype that Seattle and San Fran are the top contenders for the Super Bowl this year, or not, and why?"
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/nfc-west-do-you-buy-hype-298459/#.UY9OAUp0l9Y
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home