LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

David Akers to Lions

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wow, figured Akers would retire. Man, if he comes back to 2011 form, i'm gonna be pissed.

No point to be pissed. We waited as long as we could and we just had to make the move, plus Phil Dawson is no slouch. Do you know what was his FG% last season ? 93.5% man !!
He was excellent his first year and sucked his 2nd.

Wish him well and he'll need a lot more than luck on that team. Maybe kicking indoors will help him.
  • dj43
I hope he does well in Detroit. He is a super good guy. We now have learned he was bothered by a groin injury most of last season which for a soccer-style kicker is a big deal. If he is healthy, there is no reason he should not be solid again.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Hanson finally retired?

He was the last active player to actually play in a game with Joe Montana

Holy crap

He's seen a lot in life
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
wow, figured Akers would retire. Man, if he comes back to 2011 form, i'm gonna be pissed.

No point to be pissed. We waited as long as we could and we just had to make the move, plus Phil Dawson is no slouch. Do you know what was his FG% last season ? 93.5% man !!

Ya and the season prior Akers set records...

Kickers can go either way...
still though guys, that 63 yard FG was dope
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
still though guys, that 63 yard FG was dope

After a miracle kick like that to start the year I thought Akers was going to have another great year...that kick was pretty amazing
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
No matter what type of a year akers and our new guy will have,, we HAD get rid of akers after last year. to keep him and hope he bounces back is not a risk that winning teams take. i suspect we will draft a 7th round kicker and stash him away for next year or year after. if akers has a great year this is one poster who will be zero monday morning coaching on that move
  • dj43
Originally posted by cciowa:
No matter what type of a year akers and our new guy will have,, we HAD get rid of akers after last year. to keep him and hope he bounces back is not a risk that winning teams take. i suspect we will draft a 7th round kicker and stash him away for next year or year after. if akers has a great year this is one poster who will be zero monday morning coaching on that move

Originally posted by cciowa:

you don't think if we took a good kicker in the draft and then put him on our Practice Squad, that teams would pick him up?

Share 49ersWebzone