There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bryant Young / Warren Sapp debate

Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Bryant Young should get more credit for how he finished out his career after switching to LDE in the 3-4 defense. He was arguably the best 3-4 LDE in the NFL his last three seasons.

My memory is fuzzy, but I think Sapp played DE in the Raiders failed attempt to switch to the 3-4... and he sucked. Am I remembering that right?

You're memory is spot on. Sapp absolutely sucked as a 5-Tech End in the Raiders lame 3-4 D. BY was right up there with the likes of Richard Seymour and Shaun Ellis as a stud 3-4 DE during his final 3 seasons

See, this is what some of the younger fans might not understand. BY played at 3-4 defensive end during the final years of his career, yet he was STILL dominant at this new position. As a 4-3 DT, BY was a force of nature. Sometimes he was a one-man-band on a line depleted of talent in the early 2000's.
...duplicate....
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Apr 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Warren Sapp is a fat loud mouth piece of s**t.

BY is class.

Say what's on your mind guy. Don't sugarcoat it.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
See, this is what some of the younger fans might not understand. BY played at 3-4 defensive end during the final years of his career, yet he was STILL dominant at this new position. As a 4-3 DT, BY was a force of nature. Sometimes he was a one-man-band on a line depleted of talent in the early 2000's.

Sure. He was monstrous.

I saw the Monday night game where it happened. Big reason why i downshifted on pro football for a long time. too ugly, violent. A G*d d*mn shame is what it was. Norton wasn't really the same after that either.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
As I recall Ken Norton Jr. broke BY's leg w/his helmet.

Yeah, if I recall correctly Norton took a senseless, late cheap-shot on the Giants QB after he was already down. BY's leg just happen to be in the way. Fricken Norton...