LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 177 users in the forums

Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Cardinals trade for Carson Palmer now official. Raiders get back a conditional 7th-rd pick in 2014 if Palmer starts 13 games.
Wait, the Raiders get ONLY a 7th if Palmer starts 13 games. And if he doesn't, then they get him for just his contract
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Carson Palmer trade to #Cardinals is official, source confirmed. His new salary? $20M over 2 years.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m The Carson Palmer trade to #Cardinals is official, source confirmed. His new salary? $20M over 2 years.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest

Trade makes Cardinals better. RT @j3ffro: @espn_nfcwest Do you like the result for the Cardinals?
good move for the cardinals. i dont care about the money as every team structures their cap differently. this will make them more competitive.
  • thl408
Carson can make it work with Fitz. I don't think they'll light the world on fire, but Carson can definitely get the ball into Fitz's hands. Good for Fitz, I've always liked him. Would have sucked to watch his last few prime years go down the toilet with crap QBs.
MUCH better than anyone else on their team. Good move for them and doesn't seen thay gave up anything.

His salary, I think, was 13M - they'll still need to pick up a QB to develop.

Not sure how many years Palmer has left?
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 59s Details of Palmer trade: Cardinals get Palmer, send Raiders a cond't 7th in 2014. Teams swap 6th & 7th this year. Raiders move up 43 spots
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Cardinals QB Carson Palmer agreed to restructured 2-year deal scheduled to pay him $16 million. It also gives Cards an out after one year.

This does make them better. Perfect deal for the Cardinals. If he does well, they can keep him. If he doesn't, he's out. Palmer will do more with Fitz than any of their QB's last year were able to.

Only thing is, Cards OL is going to have to be better, and their defense without Horton is going to have to play well for them to be competitive.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Wait, the Raiders get ONLY a 7th if Palmer starts 13 games. And if he doesn't, then they get him for just his contract

I'm sure Carson's contract has something to do with it. The Raiders turned a 17th overall pick into a conditional 7th in the span of 2 seasons. LMAO

NFC West will be a very tough division. Palmer is basically Kolb IMO without the injuries so I think if Palmer stays healthy Arizona could be decent. Need to address that line and get a RB.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
hahahahaha cant wait to crush him
Let's see if he "retires" in AZ after one year if things don't go his way. Facing NFC West won't be a walk in the park for a team that I fully expect to finish dead last in the division. Now with Palmer, they'll compete with Rams on who will finish 3rd. I'm predicting a 6-10 record.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
hahahahaha cant wait to crush him

Well, he does have "feet of clay" and he's going to a team with an O-line that gave up something like 57 sacks with QB's more mobile than him. And, now he's going to be in the NFC West with the Niners, Seahawks and Rams.... poor Palmer. He's going to get pummeled.
Share 49ersWebzone