There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Top 9

I have an idea of everyone's top 5, but who are the top 9 QBs in the league?

My opinion:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Manning (Peyton)
5. RGIII
6. Kaepernick
7. Wilson
8. Flacco
9. Ryan

Top 5 are firm, Wilson and Kaep are equal in my eyes at 6. Numbers 8 and 9 are up for grabs. My homer side wants Alex Smith on this list. He's been playing great football, we'll see how he does in KC. I wish him the best. There is also Eli, Big Ben, Stafford, Luck... etc... who am I missing? Possibly Vick? He may just redeem himself next season. Joe Cool currently deserves a spot because the ring, but he won't be there long. Ryan at 9 is controversial due to him having arguably the best WR/TE core in the league, but he's been playing great.
[ Edited by 49Perspectives on Mar 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM ]
On a for real thing I wouldn't rank RG3, kaep or Wilson without seeing mode frm them ... N say what u will about Flacco but he's lucky if he's top 10 QB N that sad cause I really liked him when he was coming outta college ...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM ]
Top 4 all have a case for #1
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Manning

After that I'd go

Matt Ryan
Big Ben
Eli
Kaep
Flacco
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Mar 31, 2013 at 2:08 AM ]
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
I have an idea of everyone's top 5, but who are the top 9 QBs in the league?

My opinion:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Brees
4. Manning (Peyton)
5. RGIII
6. Kaepernick
7. Wilson
8. Flacco
9. Ryan

Top 5 are firm, Wilson and Kaep are equal in my eyes at 6. Numbers 8 and 9 are up for grabs. My homer side wants Alex Smith on this list. He's been playing great football, we'll see how he does in KC. I wish him the best. There is also Eli, Big Ben, Stafford, Luck... etc... who am I missing? Possibly Vick? He may just redeem himself next season. Joe Cool currently deserves a spot because the ring, but he won't be there long. Ryan at 9 is controversial due to him having arguably the best WR/TE core in the league, but he's been playing great.

Kaep and Wilson are both better than RG3, so no, your top 5 is not firm. Also, Flacco shouldn't be ahead of Ryan. In fact, Flacco doesn't even belong on the list.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. P. Manning
4. Brees
5. Kaepernick
6. Wilson
7. Ryan
8. E. Manning
9. RG3

Luck at 10. Alex after that. I'm expecting Luck to move up into the 5-6 range after next year.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
Can't forget Cam Newton.
[ Edited by 49Perspectives on Mar 31, 2013 at 5:06 PM ]
My full list:

ARod
Brady
Brees
Peyton
Eli
Big Ben
Flacco
Romo
Ryan
Rivers
Newton
Schaub
Dalton
Stafford
Cutler
Freeman
Smith
Vick
Bradford
Kolb
Fitz
Henne
Ponder
Locker
Sanchez

Unranked
Luck
Kaep
Wilson
RG3
Tannehill
old dude on Cleveland
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
My full list:

ARod
Brady
Brees
Peyton
Eli
Big Ben
Flacco
Romo
Ryan
Rivers
Newton
Schaub
Dalton
Stafford
Cutler
Freeman
Smith
Vick
Bradford
Kolb
Fitz
Henne
Ponder
Locker
Sanchez

Unranked
Luck
Kaep
Wilson
RG3
Tannehill
old dude on Cleveland

NO!
When healthy I'm taking Big Ben over everyone from 5 down on your list.
Originally posted by LVJay:
NO!

drop your list then, superstar.
Whether you like Eli or not, he is a top 10 QB, 2 Super Bowl Wins = Top 10 QB right now.

What are you basing this on?
Also, Alex is NOT a top 10 QB, nor a top 20 QB. All homer aside, Alex was average here, he had 1 good season, and the rest was suckage.
How can you not have Rodgers at #1 with a 108 rating and 8 ints against 37 td's. And P. Manning has to be right behind him at #2 for similar rating and numbers.

Brees is way down the list in QB rating - sure, he's got lots of yards and td's, but he's got 19 ints to go along with that. Everybody on your top 9 list has a higher rating than Brees with the exception of Flacco. Kaepernick and Brady are almost identical in rating and td-int ratio so I'm not sure why Brady is #1 and Kaepernick's down at #6. If we're going by the numbers from the season and not subjective judgments, Wilson should be just above Brady and Kaepernick, Brees and Rothlesburger should be a bit below them, and Flacco shouldn't even be on the list. And I agree with you on Ryan. So many of his passes were incomplete if he wasn't throwing to Gonzolez and Julio Jones it's ridiculous. Actually, I think Alex Smith deserves to be on the list more than Ryan - much higher rating.
in order of QBs I'd want on my team:

Brady
Rodgers
Manning
Brees
Ryan
Kap
RGIII
Wilson
Eli
Luck
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Also, Alex is NOT a top 10 QB, nor a top 20 QB. All homer aside, Alex was average here, he had 1 good season, and the rest was suckage.

I think the issue is who ARE the top now, not what they were doing a few years ago. That's present case so in my mind, it's about this last season. That being the case, you have to admit that Smith's third highest rating and very low TD to int ratio at least get him into the conversation.
So, let me get this straight. A lot of you guys would really choose the QB who led the league in interceptions last year over Kaepernick? Really? I just don't get that.