There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer targeting 49ers

Well let Harbaugh kick his tyres, if Harbaugh thinks he would be a fit, I'm all in. Last time I checked the guy knows a thing or two ' bout QBs.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
I don't like him for us. His track record is pretty selfish (demanding a release from CIN and refusing to take any paycut from OAK). If we're going to have a veteran QB as our backup, I want someone who is going to help Kaep like AS did. Palmer would just sit there hoping Kaep blew out his ACL. No thanks.
I would not want any QB who does not want to start. Even the backup QB should want to play and get on the field. So if Palmer just wants to collect a check he can go somewhere else imo.
LOL why? even at vet Minimum it would be a waste of money. If there is ever a need for the backup to play i want to see Tolzien. Not a washed up never was. Guy should not even still be in the league.
LOL NO
Harris Barton tells a training camp story about Steve Young having a sock full of uncashed checks in his room -- Steve (who had signed that huge LA Express Deal in the USFL and was owed millions) felt guilty that he did not "earn" the money

Last year, Kaep was foaming at the mouth to play . . . including on twitter

We don't want no bums that are ok with being a backup (Trent Dilfer excepted . . . ) lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Trust me, Tolzien will be his dad and Kap will be to Carson like Darth Vader to a Jawa!!! This has got to be a joke or bad info coming out of a website with a "life expectancy" of TWO HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site use to be funny.... now I'm F****N pissed if this has any kind of validity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
[ Edited by LVJay on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM ]
Smells like Trent Dilfer.
I want someone who still has passion to play the game not just here to hold a clipboard, cash an easy paycheck and hope for a free ride to a Superbowl Ring. Pass!
He's not a 9er yet, right? Umm...let's bring back the Alex Smith Thread..at least he WAS a 9er.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If they're talking trade, i don't think it's tampering.

If the teams are talking it is not tampering.

If the Raiders gave Palmer, and his agent, permission to talk with the Cards, it is not tampering.

Otherwise, it is.
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Palmer in. He'd be one of the top veteran backups in the league, and you know Harbaugh will get the most out of him. He still has legit arm talent.

I can't imagine he'd rather be a backup than a starter, even though going to the Cardinals would mean joining yet another dysfunctional franchise. He is a good fit for Arians' offense. But yet again, he'll be on a team with zero protection from the o-line, and they are lagging far behind the other divisional teams.
Relax... The niners are prolli just trying to drive up Carson Palmer's price for those dead birds. Just like how Kurt Warner use the Niners interest in him to get a better deal with the dead birds. My guess is Arizona being that they're desperate to get a qb will overpay for Palmer. I will be laughing so hard snot will be coming out of my nose if the dead birds offer a first round pick for Palmer.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Harris Barton tells a training camp story about Steve Young having a sock full of uncashed checks in his room -- Steve (who had signed that huge LA Express Deal in the USFL and was owed millions) felt guilty that he did not "earn" the money

Last year, Kaep was foaming at the mouth to play . . . including on twitter

We don't want no bums that are ok with being a backup (Trent Dilfer excepted . . . ) lol

Well said... we aren't looking for the guy who is comfortable being the guy on the sidelines with the backwards hat. Not saying Palmer still doesn't want to start but to him I am sure he would be fine taking good money to sit on the sidelines. Of course he wants to play for us... SB contending team and close to his home town and probably current home. On top of it he is about to be traded for a second time due to not accepting a pay cut. Yeah, that sounds like a Baalke guy. Guy is smart with his money so I give him credit but not sure he is fully about winning and he doesn't offer us much for the future. If he does get cut he can go make 4-5 mil just to be a backup (Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick). We don't have that kind of money to spend on him and probably don't want him anyways.
If the Flynn-to-Oakland trade goes through I say let the Tards have Palmer. I'd LMAO if Drew Stanton beat him out.