There are 268 users in the forums

Carson Palmer targeting 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
if he wants to Back-Up Colin Kaepernick why not
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Lord Tolzien is better than this chump.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
For the right price I'd take him as a backup.

Agreed. He's a solid vet QB that would add good depth to a position of need.
Definitely take him as a back up, perfect set of veteran eyes to help out kaep. Draft a qb in later rounds and develop him to possibly take over as the back up
If he was willing to come at a bargain, who cares. I'd take Palmer over Tolz every time in a situation where the starter gets injured and the back up has no real practice reps. If he will accept back up money, who wouldn't make that signing. A backup with no professional starts or action is not better than an over the hill Palmer, when both might get 5% of the practice reps during a season.
We Need a Veteran QB to help Kaepernick Out
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:

I don't think Kap needs help, but we do need a Veteran QB on the roster. We have Kap and a guy who's never taken a snap in the NFL.
Do not want.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I don't think Kap needs help, but we do need a Veteran QB on the roster. We have Kap and a guy who's never taken a snap in the NFL.

Thats true

Thats true

I'm pretty sure Harbaugh is the veteran QB on the team that helps Kap.

Originally posted by PrimeTime:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Schefter's report runs in direct contracts to previous ones by Scout.com's Aaron Wilson and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. While Palmer remains on the fast track out of Oakland, it appears he'd be more willing to target a backup job than become a starter, since Arizona is the only team to whom he's been linked that needs a first-string quarterback. Palmer is 33 years old. It's possible he wants to finish out his NFL career as a clipboard toter.

That last sentence is probably one of the dumbest things I've read this year if Schefter really did say that. Why would he want to come here and hold a clipboard for the rest of his career? I get it were a great team and were poised for some success but I'm pretty sure every NFL QB wants to be a starter for as long as they can...

David Carr

Carson Palmer is still a pretty decent QB when he has weapons.. David Carr has been horrible the past couple of years and I would expect a QB like him to do it but it just doesn't make sense for Carson IMHO. However, He has said numerous times he loves the Bay Area and lives here but why turn down a possible starting gig in AZ to be a backup here? Idk it just seems like the two are at different stages in their careers and a lot of teams still don't have a starting QB.

Ring chase.

Like I said before, I'll take him as a backup, but if he thinks he can be the full-time starter?

Thats true

This, without a doubt.
GAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRBAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE
Originally posted by Beeker:

Thats true

This, without a doubt.

Lets Ask Andy lee if he would give up that #4 Jersey to get Jim on the field
Well let Harbaugh kick his tyres, if Harbaugh thinks he would be a fit, I'm all in. Last time I checked the guy knows a thing or two ' bout QBs.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Mar 29, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone