There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer targeting 49ers

I'll take him for the vet minimum as a backup, if he wants to start, I'll give him the Michael Jordan .gif
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Schefter's report runs in direct contracts to previous ones by Scout.com's Aaron Wilson and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. While Palmer remains on the fast track out of Oakland, it appears he'd be more willing to target a backup job than become a starter, since Arizona is the only team to whom he's been linked that needs a first-string quarterback. Palmer is 33 years old. It's possible he wants to finish out his NFL career as a clipboard toter.

He wants to be a backup? Not too often when you hear something like that.
the cards can have him, thats where QB's go to die
Makes no sense
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Schefter's report runs in direct contracts to previous ones by Scout.com's Aaron Wilson and CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. While Palmer remains on the fast track out of Oakland, it appears he'd be more willing to target a backup job than become a starter, since Arizona is the only team to whom he's been linked that needs a first-string quarterback. Palmer is 33 years old. It's possible he wants to finish out his NFL career as a clipboard toter.

Seriously, the guy has lost all desire from the game and just wants to collect a paycheck it seems, no thanks
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
the cards can have him, thats where QB's go to die

except Warner
Seems like a bad fit, immobile QB that will cost too much.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Seriously, the guy has lost all desire from the game and just wants to collect a paycheck it seems, no thanks

100% I'd be surprised if the brass was seriously interested. Seems like a bad fit.
f*ck him I don't want any part of any losing raider player we don't sign raiders we don't want losers they sign our scraps we toss away! !!!!

That last sentence is probably one of the dumbest things I've read this year if Schefter really did say that. Why would he want to come here and hold a clipboard for the rest of his career? I get it were a great team and were poised for some success but I'm pretty sure every NFL QB wants to be a starter for as long as they can...
Let's uhhhh....... Not target him please.
Originally posted by PrimeTime:

That last sentence is probably one of the dumbest things I've read this year if Schefter really did say that. Why would he want to come here and hold a clipboard for the rest of his career? I get it were a great team and were poised for some success but I'm pretty sure every NFL QB wants to be a starter for as long as they can...

David Carr
Originally posted by frenchmov:
i wouldn't mind if its a cheap contract. i think he still has some gas in the tank and a veteran backup at QB is a good thing. remember, as bad as he was with the raiders (he wasn't god awful), it's the raiders. i'm convinced there are only 3 or 4 QB's in the entire league that you could put on the raiders and they would actually make a difference

He wasn't even that bad. Considering they had no defense, no blocking, no run game, no receivers and no coaching, I'd say he did pretty well. He literally had to do it all by himself.

Do I want him? No. Is he a bad QB? No.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

David Carr

Davidcarson Palcarrmer
Originally posted by ninermedic:

David Carr

Carson Palmer is still a pretty decent QB when he has weapons.. David Carr has been horrible the past couple of years and I would expect a QB like him to do it but it just doesn't make sense for Carson IMHO. However, He has said numerous times he loves the Bay Area and lives here but why turn down a possible starting gig in AZ to be a backup here? Idk it just seems like the two are at different stages in their careers and a lot of teams still don't have a starting QB.
[ Edited by PrimeTime on Mar 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM ]