There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Jerra has officially lost his freakin' mind. It's straight up lunacy. Kap is already better than Romo. (Which reminds me, Kap will be commanding a s**tload of moolah when he's up for contract renewal.)
This news is & . Seeing how my hatred for the cowboys goes as deep as my love for the niners, this is ggrreat news. The fact that he has a history of cracking under playoff pressure & the heart-break he causes "cowgirl-nation" to go through when he cracks each year makes this news the $$h!!t. I love it when he cracks then I get to at cowgirl fan, while at the same time they feel like , & that face palm from page three(I think, someone needs to add that one unless I missed it). The more he cracks the less chance they have of winning a SB or SBs'. Jerry Jones, keep cracking under playoff pressure Tony Romo. Cluck the cowgirls & goo niners(!)
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
So when we pay colin this kind of money on his next contract will we be dumb? He choked in the superbowl couldn't win the big one.

Not taking this one too seriously, but try comparing CK's playoff record with Romo's. then check their comparative age and experience.
Does anyone see this as a bad signing as far as the rest of the league is concerned? You've got Joe Flacco handicapping his team with that bogus contract he signed already, Romo getting more guaranteed money and Rogers about to probably exceed both of those. Teams are going to have to pay the likes of Ryan, Cam, Wilson, Luck, RG3 and Kaep these huge contracts of equal or greater amounts. We're about to start seeing some ridiculous amounts of turnover in the offseason as teams won't be able to keep these their veteran players. With these high numbers, it's almost as if it's impossible to hit on high drafted prospects every year because if they do pan out, it's harder to keep those guys around as long as you could if the QB wasn't eating so much of the salary cap space.

Kaep's contract extension is going to be HUGE next year
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Would you rather have tony romo or Alex smith

Alex, hands down.

Before harbaugh showed up and gave him a new life?

After Harbaugh you would have to say Alex Smith. He's clearly better lately.
If he didn't choke at the worst times he would be worth every penny.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Jerry's the new Al right?

Heavy. Heavy. HEAVY lol.
This is crappy Flacco's fault.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Would you rather have tony romo or Alex smith

Alex, hands down.

Before harbaugh showed up and gave him a new life?
Alex has 1 more playoff win than Romo

No, he doesn't.

They both have one.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
They should have waited on Carson Palmer because they could have traded Romo straight up for him

So you think Palmer has a better chance to lead the cowboys to the Superbowl in the next 4 years?

Which part of Tony Romo being a choke artist do you not understand? They have little chance with Romo choking in every big game. They'd have a better chance with Palmer.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Will get cut within the next year.

Considering the guaranteed money, the Cowboys would be in a world of hurt if they choose to do so.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
They should have waited on Carson Palmer because they could have traded Romo straight up for him

So you think Palmer has a better chance to lead the cowboys to the Superbowl in the next 4 years?

Which part of Tony Romo being a choke artist do you not understand? They have little chance with Romo choking in every big game. They'd have a better chance with Palmer.

Nobody has a better chance with Palmer. The Cowboys real issue is their idiotic retard of an owner. Not that I give a f**k hopefully he buries that franchise for good. Signing Romo with contracts like this is only the first nail in the coffin. Palmer is equally as trash as Romo I don't care how many yards he threw for.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
If he didn't choke at the worst times he would be worth every penny.

He does, so he isn't.