There are 209 users in the forums

Tony Romo gets 6 year extension, highest paid player in team history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I disagree. He does make plays in key games, but once people have made up their mind about you...it's over. Similar to Smith. Some still think he sucks no matter how well he plays. The perception will always be there.

Romo doesn't deserve to be the highest paid QB, but he's top 10 IMO.

This.
OK to summarise, some people think Romo is top 10 and justifies this ludicrous contract, others think he is quite good during the season but often chokes under pressure.

And there is concern at the impact of the insane amount of money thrown at this herbert, which may cause further inflation of quarterbacks expectations. This is likely to impact on money available to pay the rest of the team.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I'm scared what Kaepernick's contract will be. We should resign him before he command top 5 money, which he may already.

You had better brace yourself then, because Kaep's deal is going to dwarf Romo's deal. Its going to be 120 mil +. These qb deals are getting ridiculous and I don't see how even the most cap savvy teams can manage an elite roster when one guy is getting 15%-20% of the total cap for one season. I guess we'll find out soon enough because Kaep's about to get PAID!!!
No matter what amount CK signs an extension for, most of NT will think it's a bargain.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
You had better brace yourself then, because Kaep's deal is going to dwarf Romo's deal. Its going to be 120 mil +. These qb deals are getting ridiculous and I don't see how even the most cap savvy teams can manage an elite roster when one guy is getting 15%-20% of the total cap for one season. I guess we'll find out soon enough because Kaep's about to get PAID!!!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
He's not even in the top 10 of ringless qb's... Colin, Russel, RG3, Luck, Alex Smith, Dalton, Matty Ice, Matt Shaub, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton. All those guys are way better than tony and most have more playoff wins.

LMFAO!!!!

Not a single quarterback you listed has more playoff wins than Tony Romo, yet you say that "most have more playoff wins." Its ok to have an opinion, but you should back up your opinion with something better than imaginary nonsense.

**EDIT** Dont know how I skipped over Kaepernick's name. So one of the ten QBs you listed have more playoff wins than Tony. Hardly "most."
[ Edited by TheStick45 on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by TheStick45:
He's not even in the top 10 of ringless qb's... Colin, Russel, RG3, Luck, Alex Smith, Dalton, Matty Ice, Matt Shaub, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton. All those guys are way better than tony and most have more playoff wins.

LMFAO!!!!

Not a single quarterback you listed has more playoff wins than Tony Romo, yet you say that "most have more playoff wins." Its ok to have an opinion, but you should back up your opinion with something better than imaginary nonsense.

Let me see. The first qb on his list is Kaepernick. Last time I checked he had two playoff wins. And Romo, last time I checked, had one.

So well done with backing up your opinion with imaginary nonsense. Next time you call out a poster, it helps if you are right, otherwise it just makes you look foolish.
Originally posted by English:

LMFAO!!!!

Let me see. The first qb on his list is Kaepernick. Last time I checked he had two playoff wins. And Romo, last time I checked, had one.

So well done with backing up your opinion with imaginary nonsense. Next time you call out a poster, it helps if you are right, otherwise it just makes you look foolish.

Duh. Colin. I dont know why I somehow skipped over his name. Of course I know he has 2 wins. My apologies.

My point still remains though. In what world is 1 out of 10 considered most?
Originally posted by English:

LMFAO!!!!

Duh. Colin. I dont know why I somehow skipped over his name. Of course I know he has 2 wins. My apologies.

My point still remains though. In what world is 1 out of 10 considered most?

I have no idea!

But Jerry is flushing his money down the crapper and continues his fine work of destroying the franchise.
Thank you for correcting me though.

Thank you for correcting me though.

All part of the service!
Does anyone think he'll [Romo] reach that ceiling?

He's 31 and has a mediocre OLine at best with 1 very good [NOT great] receiver.

I see it being renegotiated in 2-3 years, especially when they don't make the SBowl in the next 2 years.
With the Romo and Flacco deals, I bet the agent for Rodgers is sleeping well at night.......

LMFAO!!!!

**EDIT** Dont know how I skipped over Kaepernick's name. So one of the ten QBs you listed have more playoff wins than Tony. Hardly "most."
Romo in the post season is 1-3... 1 win. Matt ice even has a win now. Colin took us to the superbowl... Russel almost got there as a rookie. RG3 would have won had he actually been healthy. Alex smith took us to the nfc championship which we almost won. Luck made it to the playoffs but lost to the ravens even we couldn't beat them. Again romo has one win and three losses. Point stands romo sucks and will never get dallas a ring. He can't even get 8-8 and into the playoffs... Hell Mike vick has more wins than romo in the playoffs!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Beeker:
See: Final game of regular season 2012 ... Cowboys vs. Redskins late 4th quarter interception. THAT is quintessential Tony Romo. THAT is what he does, and THAT is why he has the perception of choke artist - because he is.

except for when he beat us in 2011...

I had a sad that day ......
Share 49ersWebzone