LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Matt Flynn to Oakland

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Will his career is over then poor Guy ....how f*cked are tha Seahawks couldn't even send him to a good team....

Which team was the better option, Jacksonville or Buffalo? LOL He just wanted to start..

Any team is better then raiders , Seahawks N cowboys !!!!
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 29, 2013 at 11:57 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think he's better than Palmer. Good move by Oakland. McKenzie is building a nice future there.

WTF .. care to provide any evidence of this?

He said "I think" not "he is". People have opinions.

[ Edited by wysiwyg on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are not expected to finalize a trade for Matt Flynn on Friday, "unless something crazy happens."

The trade is turning out to be not so "imminent." Rapoport does report the sides are "nearly there," and most signs still point to Oakland acquiring Flynn, ostensibly for two draft picks -- one in 2013 and another in 2014.

The San Francisco Chronicle's Vic Tafur confirms the deal remains in a "holding pattern," and Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is "in no rush." McKenzie would be smart to sleep on this one. He's sitting on the NFL's weakest roster, has only three draft picks in the Top 171, and can't afford to give up any of his seven overall selections. Signing free agent Kevin Kolb would be a better option than mortgaging more of the Raiders' future for a similarly backup-caliber quarterback like Flynn.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/258983/matt-flynn-to-raiders-trade-not-expected-fri
Kolb is visiting with Bills lol
If we needed a QB and our options were:
A: Carson Palmer for $13M
B: Kevin Kolb for $19.99.
C: Matt Flynn for $3.5M(?) and moving down 20 spots in the third or 4th round and a 4th or 5th round pick the next year.

I'd pick C. Although Pryor looked pretty good in the last game last year, I'd still take Flynn.
How funny would it be if he got beaten by Pryor and he lights it up like Wilson did.
C: Matt Flynn for $3.5M(?) and moving down 20 spots in the third or 4th round and a 4th or 5th round pick the next year.

I'd pick C. Although Pryor looked pretty good in the last game last year, I'd still take Flynn.

Where do u get those salary numbers from?

With hyperinflation currently running in QB market, Kolb would get at least $3.5 million/season. He has starting experience which could push his pay to $5-6 million range. C. Daniels/M. Hasselbeck/M. Cassel deals set the market price for backup QBs, which means starting QBs will get higher than what they got.
Originally posted by kronik:

Where do u get those salary numbers from?

Palmer's hit for 2013 is $13M. I was off on Flynn, it's actually $5.25M. Kolb isn't worth $20.
Matt Flynn, here's his grouping, Steve Walsh, Tim Rattay, Christian Ponder (adding a few steps), Matt Leinart, Koy Detmer, AJ Feelgood, I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Matt Flynn, here's his grouping, Steve Walsh, Tim Rattay, Christian Ponder (adding a few steps), Matt Leinart, Koy Detmer, AJ Feelgood, I could go on and on but you get the idea.

LOL, AJ Feelgood

Flynn for $5 mill >>> Palmer for $13.5 mill
McKenzie has shown no evidence of being astute. However, if he trades for Flynn, that'll put him firmly in the "over-his-head" category. The operative word being "trade".

There's pretty much enough evidence out there to conclude that Flynn is not a guy to build a franchise around. They need to get that guy in the draft. Unless the coaches feel that Pryor has that ability. In which case they should just hand over the reigns to him this season to develop. If he crashes draft a QB next year, or a developmental guy this year. They're going nowhere this season anyway, might as well give their future the experience playing. Pryor has had one season to watch from the bench and has got a feel for the speed of the game on spot duty.

If you need a back-up . . . fine . . . get one. But you don't have to give up what little you have in draft stock for a back-up. There are QBs as good as Flynn, arguably, floating around in free agency, if he'd just pull his finger out. Get the Guy Seattle is targetting as Wilson's back up. For cheap.
[ Edited by Rsrkshn on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Gonna LMFAO if its a 1st-4th round pick. Most I'd give up for Flynn is a 5th round pick.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Flynn for $5 mill >>> Palmer for $13.5 mill

lol anything is better than Palmer for 13.5 mill. he's garbage
Share 49ersWebzone