LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 342 users in the forums

Matt Flynn to Oakland

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think he's better than Palmer. Good move by Oakland. McKenzie is building a nice future there.

WTF .. care to provide any evidence of this?
Watch him get beat out by a rookie again lol. Flynn sucks.
Flynn is totally unproven.
He had one good, yet meaningless game in GB, and got a big deal from Seattle.
The Raiders are dumb. They gave up a ton for Palmer. Keep that stupidity on the other side of the Bay Bridge please. Thanks
TOUCHDOWNNNN, RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
I think this is a good move for the raiders... I liked Flynn, he learned from the best, why can't he succeed?
I hope it's a fifth round pick or something similar.
Flynn looked better in the two games he played in Green Bay than Palmer has looked in years.
My understanding of the trade is that Oakland was unwilling to take a net loss on picks this year, so Seattle and Oakland will swap 4th rounders this year and Oakland will send its 5th rounder next year as compensation. So, basically, Seattle moves up 20 something slots in the middle round this year and picks up a late rounder next year in exchange for removing however many millions in essentially dead money off of its books.
I'm guessing that the terms will be a swap of 3rd round picks this year and a conditional 5th/4th next year.
Originally posted by midrdan:
My understanding of the trade is that Oakland was unwilling to take a net loss on picks this year, so Seattle and Oakland will swap 4th rounders this year and Oakland will send its 5th rounder next year as compensation. So, basically, Seattle moves up 20 something slots in the middle round this year and picks up a late rounder next year in exchange for removing however many millions in essentially dead money off of its books.

Seattle trading Flynn frees up $3.2M in their 2013 cap space but he would also count $4M against their cap this year.

Only way there were would be true dead money is if they cut him before the regular season starts. In that case, the dead money would be $6M.. but that looks highly unlikely right now.
[ Edited by onanygivensunday49 on Mar 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM ]

b***h ass raiders better not have given up anything significant
Originally posted by Beeker:
Speculation on .Net is running anywhere from a 4th to 5 1sts

I vote the latter
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Watch him get beat out by a rookie again lol. Flynn sucks.

Pryor is going to win the job lol
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I think he's better than Palmer. Good move by Oakland. McKenzie is building a nice future there.

WTF .. care to provide any evidence of this?

He said "I think" not "he is". People have opinions.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Will his career is over then poor Guy ....how f*cked are tha Seahawks couldn't even send him to a good team....

Which team was the better option, Jacksonville or Buffalo? LOL He just wanted to start..
Share 49ersWebzone