There are 257 users in the forums

Would any one want Darren McFadden if the Raiders cut or trade him?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would any one want Darren McFadden if the Raiders cut or trade him?

He's a bit fragile but how could you not want him as part of a platoon?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
I'm convinced the Raiders injury prevention staff and trainers are the worst in the NFL.. they're star players are ALWAYS injured

Yes, if McFadden got cut, i'd want him. He's the best runningback in the NFL when healthy

He's not in top 5 when healthy let alone the best. You're way off on this.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He's not in top 5 when healthy let alone the best. You're way off on this.

If he was healthy (huge if) and on a real team that used him correctly he would be top 5. Not many backs are as fast and strong as him, the only one is probably AP.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM ]
Bush was a better RB in Oakland than Mcfadden. Mcfadden is the ultimate guy who looks great on paper but doesn't really produce. To this day I would take Michael Bush over Mcfadden.
He's a stud, but we don't need need him. The coaching staff can do the same damage with Gore, Hunter or James
Would love to see Run DMC on the 49ers roster. Gore and McFadden would represent the best #1/2 combo of RB's in the NFL.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM ]
Originally posted by fister30:
Bush was a better RB in Oakland than Mcfadden. Mcfadden is the ultimate guy who looks great on paper but doesn't really produce. To this day I would take Michael Bush over Mcfadden.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Dude's a beast when he's healthy, he's only 25 years old and could do untold amounts of damage behind this offensive line. His one fully healthy season he was a monster, ran for 1100 yards, over 5 yards a carry with an OL that is nowhere as good as this one.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 31, 2013 at 3:53 AM ]
Would cut Dixon in a heartbeat to make room for McFadden.
For cheap, he would be a steal.

Mcfadden and LMJ would provide the speed which complements gore and hunter...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fister30:

This is absolutely ridiculous. Dude's a beast when he's healthy, he's only 25 years old and could do untold amounts of damage behind this offensive line. His one fully healthy season he was a monster, ran for 1100 yards, over 5 yards a carry with an OL that is nowhere as good as this one.

His one fully healthy season. One.

And 1100 yards is not "monster" status.

I think the people hating on Mcfaddens game have never actually seen him play. Dude is and can be a MONSTER.
Heck Yes I'd want McFadden as a 9er if he is cut but he wont be cut. Hypothetically if Fadden was a 9er, he'd have our awseome run game,QB and line andd our offense would literally average 35 points a game. I dont think we'd lose a game all year, McFadden is that good of a Spread option runner. He just cannot stay healthy and he plays for a hideus organization.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
He cant stay healthy...forget it
[ Edited by dmax on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:48 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would take him that dude is a baller when healthy.
Dude is an athletic freak, dont let the silver and grey fool you... if he could ever stay healthy he would be known as one of the top game changers. But he cant so unless he signs for the vet minimum, pass.
Share 49ersWebzone