There are 196 users in the forums

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Originally posted by pelos21:
What's the big f**king deal?
this
im tired of all this gay talk
let them do what they want. just stop glorifying them like there some kind of heroes.

NFL is obsessed with head injuries and gays and its getting annoying
The only thing on the subject I would care about is how player's trash talked the guy. Say it's a receiver. You know corners are going to talk some crazy *** sh** to them.

The actual subject is pretty meaningless. The only thing that changed was him putting a picture of his bf on the locker.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by hawker84:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

Doesn't bother me. I'd just take it as a compliment.

Another man being attracted to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be gay and it doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it.

I've got too many other things to worry about than who is or isn't attracted to me. I can understand why someone might be uncomfortable, but come on man...lifes too short.

Come on dude if the player is attracted to another player he is going to be naked with a boner its a wrong message imo not to mention if sexual acts happen its a liability just put a naked woman in there and see if she don't feel uncomfortable with men around her.

I dont understand your logic at all... lol

Its not a room full of gay dudes... its a room with 1 gay dude. And just because he's attracted to men doesnt mean he's gonna rape anybody or have a boner. It hasnt happened yet has it? I would certainly hope if you were in a locker room full of women (not attracted to you of course) you would be capable of not raping them.

LOL. Love it.

Flip the script the man wouldn't fee comfortable in a room with woman in fact the employer wouldn't allow it. What is the point your trying to prove? The understanding of accepting gays is not about equal opportunity its a moral issue in the locker room just like gay marriage its really a tax issue. A line needs to be drawn anywhere in a work place cause of liability & just because you allow them don't mean they will come out and say it they would be crucified on the field and then what? they get sensitive an cry or sue? They want to be gay they should open their own league like women.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Personally, I'm just sick and goddamn tired of HEARING ABOUT GAY PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. I'm all for their equal rights to marriage, playing in the NFL, you name it--they're people just like everyone else and they deserve the same rights. However...

I'm just beyond tired of hearing about them, and reading about them, and seeing things about them everywhere I friggin go. That to me is the real issue. It almost starts to stir up anger in people that are (and have already been) accepting just because they're nauseated with the over-saturation of these issues in the media.

Let em ride the bus naked if they want, just don't go publicizing the s**t out of their every waking move. It's enough already.

How could you possibly be tired of this now being a standard-issue question for players, or when an outlet like TMZ tries to ambush Michael Crabtree on the topic?
Clearly you are not appreciating how earth-shatteringly imporant it is that the NFL FINALLY has an openly-gay player.

Hopefully the NFL will come to its entrepreneurial senses and dedicate a full month to "openly-gay awareness", you know, market a full line of "OGA" hats/apparel and the players can wear rainbow-themed wristbands and shoes.

The Evil media pushes Gay issues like its a Religion just plain WRONG
Kwame Harris getting a lot of press. Single worst possible public face of gay athletes--because he was the worst athlete. (tongue in cheek) Any prejudice he encounters is because he's worst LT in 49ers history, not because he's gay.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Kwame Harris getting a lot of press. Single worst possible public face of gay athletes--because he was the worst athlete. (tongue in cheek) Any prejudice he encounters is because he's worst LT in 49ers history, not because he's gay.

So true, I don't care that he is gay (we all suspected it when he cared more about the piano and getting his fingers hurt in defenders' face masks) than blocking for Rattay and Alex.

Gore would have at least 5 more TDs if it weren't for "Holding, #77", "False Start #77"

I could care less who he screws in the ass now

He screwed our team in the ass with his putrid play

There has already been an "openly" Gay player
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by hawker84:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

Doesn't bother me. I'd just take it as a compliment.

Another man being attracted to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be gay and it doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it.

I've got too many other things to worry about than who is or isn't attracted to me. I can understand why someone might be uncomfortable, but come on man...lifes too short.

Come on dude if the player is attracted to another player he is going to be naked with a boner its a wrong message imo not to mention if sexual acts happen its a liability just put a naked woman in there and see if she don't feel uncomfortable with men around her.

I dont understand your logic at all... lol

Its not a room full of gay dudes... its a room with 1 gay dude. And just because he's attracted to men doesnt mean he's gonna rape anybody or have a boner. It hasnt happened yet has it? I would certainly hope if you were in a locker room full of women (not attracted to you of course) you would be capable of not raping them.

LOL. Love it.

Flip the script the man wouldn't fee comfortable in a room with woman in fact the employer wouldn't allow it. What is the point your trying to prove? The understanding of accepting gays is not about equal opportunity its a moral issue in the locker room just like gay marriage its really a tax issue. A line needs to be drawn anywhere in a work place cause of liability & just because you allow them don't mean they will come out and say it they would be crucified on the field and then what? they get sensitive an cry or sue? They want to be gay they should open their own league like women.

Charles Haley disagrees
I wonder how Kwame would react if Haley went for the crotch grab
The NFL is ready for it, but the fans are another story...

Imagine a team with an openly gay player traveling to Philly.
he better be very good

The player has to have incredibly thick skin because he is gonna hear it on game day from both players and fans and there will be a lot of uncomfortable people in the building and in the locker room. This may be sad but it is true. If it were a gay secretary, pilot or driver no one would care, but for it to be a player or coach in such a testosterone filled competitive athletic event is another thing. I can deal with it, but a lot of people can't
What is the obsession the media has with homosexuality?? To me it looks ridiculous but to each their own. If you put your lifestyle out there, then expect to find people that disapprove of it. I guess we should give everybody who comes out of the closed a standing ovation for being gay.. If homosexuals need attention so bad then perhaps they do have a problem..
Obama & the Media pushing for same sex Marriage that is why but Its Not about marriage its a tax & insurance issue they want to claim their significant other which we should all have a right to claim 1 significant other just like I should be able to claim my girlfriend under my insurance not be forced to marry for those rights.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
How could you possibly be tired of this now being a standard-issue question for players, or when an outlet like TMZ tries to ambush Michael Crabtree on the topic?
Clearly you are not appreciating how earth-shatteringly imporant it is that the NFL FINALLY has an openly-gay player.

Hopefully the NFL will come to its entrepreneurial senses and dedicate a full month to "openly-gay awareness", you know, market a full line of "OGA" hats/apparel and the players can wear rainbow-themed wristbands and shoes.
wait, what? Michael Crabtree came out on TMZ ? am i missing something here... or are you saying TMZ was trying to get him to say something against gay players...
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
What is the obsession the media has with homosexuality?? To me it looks ridiculous but to each their own. If you put your lifestyle out there, then expect to find people that disapprove of it. I guess we should give everybody who comes out of the closed a standing ovation for being gay.. If homosexuals need attention so bad then perhaps they do have a problem..

The point is to bring attention to it so that we can evetually NOT have to give it any attention.

Its like a black QB. Its like interracial marriage. Do you really think gay athletes WANT the attention? If they did then they would ALREADY be out.

The point is that they should be able to be themselves without having to feel threatened.

Once a few players come out...the media has their run with it, players say all their is to say....it will THEN no longer be an issue. Remember all the talk about Doug Williams being a black QB in the Super Bowl? Did we see ANY of that this year in regards to Kaep?

No. Its become a fairly normal thing.

It will be a story till it isn't. Thats the point.
Share 49ersWebzone