There are 193 users in the forums

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by hawker84:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

Doesn't bother me. I'd just take it as a compliment.

Another man being attracted to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be gay and it doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it.

I've got too many other things to worry about than who is or isn't attracted to me. I can understand why someone might be uncomfortable, but come on man...lifes too short.

Come on dude if the player is attracted to another player he is going to be naked with a boner its a wrong message imo not to mention if sexual acts happen its a liability just put a naked woman in there and see if she don't feel uncomfortable with men around her.

This response is awesome and is the first time I ever extensively laughed out loud reading something on the boards.
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
So Dick Sher-man is not funny to you? I think gay guys would find that funny

Sorry was referring to the other comment. I have a gay uncle and I've met plenty of his gay friends and they are really nice people. I do have my sense of humor and I do laugh at more f**ked up stuff but this is personal because of the close relationship I have with my uncle.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

Doesn't bother me. I'd just take it as a compliment.

Another man being attracted to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be gay and it doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it.

I've got too many other things to worry about than who is or isn't attracted to me. I can understand why someone might be uncomfortable, but come on man...lifes too short.

Come on dude if the player is attracted to another player he is going to be naked with a boner its a wrong message imo not to mention if sexual acts happen its a liability just put a naked woman in there and see if she don't feel uncomfortable with men around her.

This response is awesome and is the first time I ever extensively laughed out loud reading something on the boards.

Sounds to me like Hawker might be on the homophobic side.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
So Dick Sher-man is not funny to you? I think gay guys would find that funny

Sorry was referring to the other comment. I have a gay uncle and I've met plenty of his gay friends and they are really nice people. I do have my sense of humor and I do laugh at more f**ked up stuff but this is personal because of the close relationship I have with my uncle.
I apologize, I really just wanted to say f**k Richard Sherman, and f**k DOMA, again im sorry.
Jeff Garcia... Come out of the closet!
And in other news a female kicker tried out a pro day and showed she really sucked balls at kicking!
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
I apologize, I really just wanted to say f**k Richard Sherman, and f**k DOMA, again im sorry.

It's all good I hate Richard Sherman too and I do hope Boldin beats the s**t out of his big mouth.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Jeff Garcia... Come out of the closet!

Krithhhpy Kreme's... let's get a box
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
how bout a gay poster? I can think of several

OHHHhh... THTOP it!!!! You are all jutht bathterd people with aaaath fathe's. I hate you!
Originally posted by Youngone:
Seriously though, why do we need to avoid the issue? Like football is some sacred place and football players are fragile and need to be shielded from reality. NFL players need to grow and become tolerant just like everyone else. Coddled athletes are already immature enough, they need to grow up and stop acting like children.

They have to agree with you? And you are the one who decides what is "tolerant?" Who gave you that power and authority to decide for everybody else?

Originally posted by Beeker:

ummm, maybe i don't know, never gave it much thought to be honest... i will admit i'm completely ignorant to the gay cause.... i don't understand it..i love women.. but i've hung out, partied with, been hit on buy gay guys.. no big deal, made it perfectly clear i was straight, and that was that.. i think it's natural to be uncomfortable around things you don't understand. so ya beeker i guess i am homophobic.. does that make me a bad person... i'd like to think not.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:

ummm, maybe i don't know, never gave it much thought to be honest... i will admit i'm completely ignorant to the gay cause.... i don't understand it..i love women.. but i've hung out, partied with, been hit on buy gay guys.. no big deal, made it perfectly clear i was straight, and that was that.. i think it's natural to be uncomfortable around things you don't understand. so ya beeker i guess i am homophobic.. does that make me a bad person... i'd like to think not.

Hey, I can understand you feeling uncomfrontable, but it does not seem plausible or recommendable to maintain discriminatory corporate employment practices or governmental policies based upon individual levels of discomfort.

The question at hand just seem broader than my concerns about a homosexual hitting on me.

Although I am as ugly as flea-bitten mangy curr, so I probably don't have all that much to worrry about.
the question was , is the NFL ready for openly gay players.. i said no based on my own personal feelings... i'm all for gay rights , and i'm all for them having the right to play in the NFL, i personally could care less...but i don't think the NFL (players) are ready to imbrace that.. we've already had one documented case of this during the superbowl week..
Honestly, most players would probably answer the question with no, but if someone did come out, I believe most would actually not care. It isnt a big deal, people just try to make it seem like it. It would come and go and be nothing pretty quick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
the question was , is the NFL ready for openly gay players.. i said no based on my own personal feelings... i'm all for gay rights , and i'm all for them having the right to play in the NFL, i personally could care less...but i don't think the NFL (players) are ready to imbrace that.. we've already had one documented case of this during the superbowl week..

In starting this poll, I had little interest in the politically correct answer.

I read an article and came up with the poll.

The poll only asks for your opinion. You gave it. Thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone