LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Originally posted by NinerSquire:
I for one support Richard Sherman if he decides to come out or not.

You mean Dick Sher-man is gay????
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by hawker84:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

Doesn't bother me. I'd just take it as a compliment.

Another man being attracted to me doesn't mean I'm gonna be gay and it doesn't mean he's gonna do anything about it.

I've got too many other things to worry about than who is or isn't attracted to me. I can understand why someone might be uncomfortable, but come on man...lifes too short.

Come on dude if the player is attracted to another player he is going to be naked with a boner its a wrong message imo not to mention if sexual acts happen its a liability just put a naked woman in there and see if she don't feel uncomfortable with men around her.

I dont understand your logic at all... lol

Its not a room full of gay dudes... its a room with 1 gay dude. And just because he's attracted to men doesnt mean he's gonna rape anybody or have a boner. It hasnt happened yet has it? I would certainly hope if you were in a locker room full of women (not attracted to you of course) you would be capable of not raping them.
Anyone think Vernon Davis is the gay player?

And hell maybe if we have a gay player we'll get some calls in the superbowl. Seemed to help the Ravens out with Brandon Adenaadjaboabo or whatever the f**k his name is. His support for gay rights, Cullivers anti gay remarks, and Ray Lewis destiny b******t got the NFL and refs on their side. The latter was the most influential, but I do think prior to the superbowl the 49ers were kind of painted as the bad guy and the ravens the good guy in terms of the gay issue.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

And hell maybe if we have a gay player we'll get some calls in the superbowl. Seemed to help the Ravens out with Brandon Adenaadjaboabo or whatever the f**k his name is. His support for gay rights, Cullivers anti gay remarks, and Ray Lewis destiny b******t got the NFL and refs on their side. The latter was the most influential, but I do think prior to the superbowl the 49ers were kind of painted as the bad guy and the ravens the good guy in terms of the gay issue.

If he was the gay player who cares! It would make for some funny tight end jokes! At least his name isn't Dick Sher-man!

I could care less who is or isn't gay in the NFL
[ Edited by Donnies49ers on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
I bet it's ronde Barber or Stephen Ridley ..... Ronde is on the verge of retiring, ridley on the other hand is young and i seen him rocking those tights and rainbow boots it doesnt really matter I just hope it doesn't have negative affect on the game... I can really give 2 blanks but I'd figure to throw my 2 cents in
The NFL will never be ready until it happens.
Here's my 2 cents worth .....

WTF does it matter? Do I give a dang if a player is gay? No. It doesn't affect me personally. so IDGAF.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Brendon Ayenbadejo
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Some of you people are being to anal about this. Who cares
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Regular or flaming?

This...

Brock isn't bothered too much by Shoreleave

They have to just put it out there so people can identify with what it means to be gay... and well it really means nothing. Not like p*ssy stock is going to lose it's market value.

Originally posted by Donnies49ers:

You make it sound like being gay is a bad thing. Kind of ignorant.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Some of you people are being to anal about this. Who cares

pun intended?
well, what about the openly butch coach in seattle? carroll is les right?
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I was making fun of Richard Sherman's name by calling him Dick Sher-man I'm sorry you lost your sense of humour!
Originally posted by gold49digger:

So Dick Sher-man is not funny to you? I think gay guys would find that funny
Share 49ersWebzone