LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Best Play in the History of the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not best play ever, but definitely the best kick of all time was in the Snow Bowl by Vinatieri
Originally posted by BayArea:
http://www.nfl.com/bracketology

So really how does the catch not take the cake? Made it to the second round easily but it looks like the Giants helmet catch in 07' is getting the overwhelming vote. Being the homer that I am I have Young's epic TD run against the Vikings as #2.

So does the catch that kick started our dynasty run live up to the best play of all time?

So, I went there yesterday to vote for the Catch and I noticed the Steve Young run went from having 5 figure votes in the beginning to having millions. There is something fishy about the Steve Young vote, because it seems to jump like thousands every couple seconds, where the others do not move anywhere like that.

I loved that run, but I highly doubt that anywhere over 100 people a second care about it enough to vote on it. Kind of looks fixed.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
So, I went there yesterday to vote for the Catch and I noticed the Steve Young run went from having 5 figure votes in the beginning to having millions. There is something fishy about the Steve Young vote, because it seems to jump like thousands every couple seconds, where the others do not move anywhere like that.

I loved that run, but I highly doubt that anywhere over 100 people a second care about it enough to vote on it. Kind of looks fixed.

I still can't fathom how Desean Jackson beat The Catch
Vote for the final round Steve Young's run is the only 49er left on the ballot! We can't let a Seahag beat him out so go vote now! Marshawn Lynch is up against Steve's run right now.

http://www.nfl.com/bracketologyround5#
Originally posted by Beeker:

It's rigged.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Beeker:

It's rigged.

Most guys voting probably aren't old enough to have seen the Catch. Personally I can't even believe that Marshawn Lynch is still in the race. It will be a travesty if Young's run doesn't beat that s**t out.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
It's rigged.

Totally rigged... Kind of a bummer actually. Not cool. I wouldn't want to see the Lynch run beat out Young's, but that whole thing was turned into a joke. Either some IT guy or computer nerds are running some kind of voting program or there are 1000 Niner fans doing nothing but repeatedly voting over and over an over again 24 hours a day. There isn't even 8 million Niner fans around that care enough to go to that site and vote. I take zero pride in it. I think that if each fan was allowed one vote, that Steve's run would have still won and more likely "The Catch" because even the kids know what that was. Sure, some of witnessed it, but it was history to Niner fans. I think they teach it in Bay Area schools :)
Yeah...

Just open and close the window that shows the count for about 20 seconds.

The Troy P. play gains hardly any votes a refresh.

Djacks play get about a vote a refresh.

The Lynch run gains votes at around 2-10 a refresh.

Steve's run gains vote at 300-1000 a refresh.

I don't think so. I sure hope that there isn't some Niner fans out there doing that and that is the NFL working the numbers for ratings or something like that. Embarrassing.

In comparison, the other contest has the Jackson run at like 400,000 votes and the Steeler play at 35,000. The Young play is at 8,000,000 I guess Steeler fans aren't smart enough to be computer nerds. I don't usually concern myself too much with stuff like this, but this one is wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone