There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by 49erRider:
A "whopping" 20 lbs? It's actually more like 25 lbs, as Wilson is listed at 204, Kaep at 230. 25 lbs is the difference between a linebacker and a safety.

he was listed at 206 during the combine.. last year he got up to as heavy as 212lbs... he has stated he's been working on adding more muscle during the off season, i would suspect he comes into training camp even heavier this season.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Please dude. Lengthy? Haha.

have you taken a good look at his legs.. not exactly oak stumps..
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
well yea, she's got them big o' goggles on covering half of that mug.

Try this, then: http://instagram.com/p/We_bIxlaBR/
Photoshop.

This.

The guy is a BUG DUDE. I met him at a restaurant his rookie year. I'm 6'4", he is taller than me. And as evidenced by the picture, he is rock solid. No way a guy 25+ lbs lighter and half a foot shorter is as durable against 250+ lbs defenders.

never said he wasn't big.. just saying RW is not as tiny and frail as some would make out on here..
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

Wilson vs. Kaep is going to produce some epic games...but if you think that expert opinion makes one better than the other, you're dreaming.

Great post- This is the bottom line, no BS post of the thread. "Experts" had their doubts about both of them before they took the field and in under a season they have both made fools of the pundits and truly diminished a lot of the RG3/Luck hype, while also making Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Ryan sort of yesterday's news.

I don't know whether to hate the Hawks more for it or actually respect them for the intensity that their games will provide.

There is no doubt in MY mind that Niners/Hawks is SHOWTIME for the NFL and these two QB's are going to be distancing themselves from the rest of the pack, especially with their supporting casts. I said it earlier, this reminds me of the early 90's Cowboys/Niners matchups, probably even better.
Originally posted by hawker84:
never said he wasn't big.. just saying RW is not as tiny and frail as some would make out on here..

Are you sure?

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
This.

The guy is a BUG DUDE. I met him at a restaurant his rookie year. I'm 6'4", he is taller than me. And as evidenced by the picture, he is rock solid. No way a guy 25+ lbs lighter and half a foot shorter is as durable against 250+ lbs defenders.

No one is calling RW frail. And he called Kaep lengthy. Sure Kaep doesn't have huge calves, but the guy is stout and rock solid. The point is that a bigger body is better equipped to handle the yearly punishment of the NFL. This is not rocket science.
This.

I never said Wilson was tiny and frail, nor did I accuse you of saying Kaep wasn't big. My point was it's unlikely that a guy so much smaller than another guy is going to be as durable as the bigger guy while playing against even bigger guys.
sounds like speculation to me... he's not a running back.. how many big hits per game you think QB's take? sure one hit can do it, but that can be said of any QB playing the game.. Big Ben got his a** pummeled last season, they don't come much bigger than that...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
During the Superbowl run everyone was saying Kaep > Wilson.

You know he broke the record for most running yards by a QB in history? He slaughtered the Packers then Slaughtered the falcons then almost pulled off the biggest comeback in SB history.

There was a time there where Kaep was talked about as being the next best QB in the league.

Lol; how about some evidence of your assertion about "everyone" saying Kaep > Wilson during your Super Bowl run? (It's two words, by the way. Super, then Bowl.)

Also, yes, congrats on him setting the new running yards record in a game. It was also the biggest failure in a playoff game by Green Bay in arguably the history of the franchise, and Dom Capers was exposed big-time. I think the memo he left was misinterpreted by the Green Bay defense as "Avoid looking at the QB, and stay as far away from him as possible"; because that's what it looked like on TV. The holes they left for him to run through were absolutely pathetic. No excuse for it. Kaepernick took full advantage; but let's not pretend that there wasn't also a massive game-long failure by the Green Bay defense, yes?

Seriously, though. Provide some unbiased evidence for your assertions, please.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I think hes talking about the articles that he handpicked to prove his point when he says when did anyone say kaep over wilson.

Articles I hand-picked? Good one. I know you want it to be that. Go Google recently written top QB lists, ignore any by SF/Seattle-area sources, and see what you get. 90% of people ranking Wilson above Kaepernick, that's what; but they're all wrong, right?

Originally posted by UKNiners:
Well said. Small sample with CK.

Small sample size for both. It's commonly accepted that you need 3 full years to properly evaluate long-term capability of a QB. I'd say they're a wash right now as far as evaluation capability goes; yes, Wilson has started more games, but he had very little training camp and pre-season prep due to QB competition, and Kaepernick rode the pine for a full year-and-a-half before becoming the starter. For all intents and purposes, I'd call that approximately equal. Wilson got more on-field experience, Kaepernick got significantly more mental preparation time. Bottom line, we'll be able to evaluate these two at the end of next season a LOT more accurately than we can right now.

Very well said.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
How about before you come here accusing fans of being liars you get your facts straight as well. Kaep played in 3 post season games not 4.

Oops; 3. However, the problem with my mistake, is it doesn't change the outcome of the argument. Unlike Young2Rice's.

Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
What defense would you take though?

I imagine most would take the Seahawks. We have the youngest team in the league, per average age of starters.

wonder who has the bigger dong though.

Russell Wilson is black.

Alright, I just found absolute proof that Wilson > Kaep. You guys ready?

Are you sure you're ready?

BAM: http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/russell-wilson-gets-free-burritos-for-life-from-chipotle/

Wilson has free Chipotle for life. #CharlieSheenWinning
I guess you didn't watch much TV or listen to much radio after SEA went down.

Maybe if you stuck around here after SEA lost you would of read the multiple links and reports about KAep.

Anyyyways...enjoy reading meaningless articles. And i hope you do read them. Because you almost had me convinced with those links, But these guys here brought me back to reality.

http://sportspressnw.com/2013/01/kaepernick-wilson-top-2-qbs-over-last-9-weeks/

Entering the day, ESPN Stats and Info compiled some numbers over the previous nine weeks of the NFL season with its QBR system that takes into account rushing as well as passing. The conclusion: Kaepernick and Wilson were the best.

1. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco, 82.8

2. Russell Wilson, Seattle 81.7.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1510203-why-colin-kaepernick-is-potentially-the-most-dangerous-qb-weve-ever-met
"I'm not ready to crown him as the best quarterback in the NFL just yet, but as long asKaepernick stays healthy, avoids the big hit and continues to develop under the tutelage of Harbaugh, he has a chance to become the most dangerous NFL quarterback that has ever lived."

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/colin-kaepernick-russell-wilson.php

"No experts recommend Russell Wilson over Colin Kaepernick"

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/58240/best-nfc-west-qb-wilson-or-kaepernick

"Colin Kaepernick is the best quarterback in the NFC West"

"Kaepernick has been at his best when the game is on the line. He leads all qualified quarterbacks with a fourth quarter Total QBR of 95.8, well ahead of Russell Wilson's 63.2. When the score is within three points, Kaepernick leads the league with a 74.5 completion percentage and 10.5 yards per attempt (minimum 50 attempts)."

How much of a liar are you, exactly? Click your own fantasypros.com link. With me so far? Now, click the Notes tab on there. See anything suspicious? Those were the recommended picks for those two players for the week after the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs. Nobody recommended Wilson because Wilson wasn't playing at that time. Are you so insecure inside about Kaepernick that you have to resort to this, or was it just a critical mistake?

Now. Step two. On that same link, click the performance tab. See anything suspicious yet again? Perhaps their average points per week for the year in fantasy? Oh, whoops; Wilson averaged 17.2 compared to Kaepernick's 13.4. Sorry about that. Well, no I'm not. Better go back to believing the truth, not your own confirmation bias.

As for Kaepernick having 1.1 more QBR points for the postseason - meh, QBR is still a somewhat flawed stat. It gives too many points for some things, not enough for others Sando even admitted it needs tweaking, and that he's looking forward to it for next year as ESPN tweaks it with last season's data. It's not worthless, though; I don't mean to imply that. However, a HUGE bump in Kaepernick's QBR came from the rushing yards and TDs against Green Bay. He was a much better quarterback against Atlanta than he was against Green Bay. Let's look at their postseason stats only. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14001/colin-kaepernick and http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson
Kaepernick: 61.3% completion, 9.98 avg, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 100.9 QB rating.
Wilson: 62.9% completion, 9.23 avg, 3 TDs, 1 int, 102.4 QB rating.

Whoops. Kaepernick had a higher yards per catch average, they tied in ints, (1 int per two games) but Wilson had a higher completion rating, more TDs per game, and a higher QB rating. Remember, Wilson played two playoff games; Kaepernick played in four. Kaepernick led in one of those categories, at least. Obviously, he went farther in the playoffs; but Wilson played better. What's that tell you? At the time, the 49ers as a team were getting it done more than the Seahawks. Losing our one and only good pass rusher during the Redskins game really hurt us; I'm not making excuses, though. We just didn't get it done for a variety of reasons. This discussion is about Wilson vs. Kaepernick, and you've been resorting to lies and half-truths to try and say Kaepernick has been better than Wilson when the facts simply do not back that up. That doesn't mean he might not be next year, or down the road in the future. He very well might be. However, you can't say he is right now. At least, not based on reality.

@Legbreaker: Before you accuse me of walking in here and trying to justify Wilson being better because of fantasy, that's not what I'm doing. I was pointing out the critical problems with Young2Rice's own fantasy-based link and assertion for Kaepernick being better. Considerable difference.

what are you talking about? You asked me to provide some people who thought Kaep was better then Wilson and I did. Even though these reports are meaning less, which is what i told you to begin with. And now you are attacking the reports'....Oh my bad, only reports with Wilson on top are valid huh?

Those links contain a direct link of a comparison that Kaep > Wilson even during the season, not just after Wilson was eliminated.

One of the links was from week 15.

One link calls him potentially the best QB ever.

The fantasy site was a joke to show you how silly your own links were. Who evaluates a player based on fantasy points? lol

You are the one who is insecure about Wilson. I'm not the one in an opposing team's forum trying to prove a point. That reeks of insecurity by you.
Your post doesn't even make any sense. It is just a bunch on nonsensical backtracking because you are so shocked i provided links of people who think Kaep are better then Wilson.

I gather you didn't like what you read? Did it go against your Hawkerism beliefs that Wilson is the greatest QB ever?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
I guess you didn't watch much TV or listen to much radio after SEA went down.

Maybe if you stuck around here after SEA lost you would of read the multiple links and reports about KAep.

Anyyyways...enjoy reading meaningless articles. And i hope you do read them. Because you almost had me convinced with those links, But these guys here brought me back to reality.

http://sportspressnw.com/2013/01/kaepernick-wilson-top-2-qbs-over-last-9-weeks/

Entering the day, ESPN Stats and Info compiled some numbers over the previous nine weeks of the NFL season with its QBR system that takes into account rushing as well as passing. The conclusion: Kaepernick and Wilson were the best.

1. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco, 82.8

2. Russell Wilson, Seattle 81.7.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1510203-why-colin-kaepernick-is-potentially-the-most-dangerous-qb-weve-ever-met
"I'm not ready to crown him as the best quarterback in the NFL just yet, but as long asKaepernick stays healthy, avoids the big hit and continues to develop under the tutelage of Harbaugh, he has a chance to become the most dangerous NFL quarterback that has ever lived."

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/colin-kaepernick-russell-wilson.php

"No experts recommend Russell Wilson over Colin Kaepernick"

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/58240/best-nfc-west-qb-wilson-or-kaepernick

"Colin Kaepernick is the best quarterback in the NFC West"

"Kaepernick has been at his best when the game is on the line. He leads all qualified quarterbacks with a fourth quarter Total QBR of 95.8, well ahead of Russell Wilson's 63.2. When the score is within three points, Kaepernick leads the league with a 74.5 completion percentage and 10.5 yards per attempt (minimum 50 attempts)."

How much of a liar are you, exactly? Click your own fantasypros.com link. With me so far? Now, click the Notes tab on there. See anything suspicious? Those were the recommended picks for those two players for the week after the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs. Nobody recommended Wilson because Wilson wasn't playing at that time. Are you so insecure inside about Kaepernick that you have to resort to this, or was it just a critical mistake?

Now. Step two. On that same link, click the performance tab. See anything suspicious yet again? Perhaps their average points per week for the year in fantasy? Oh, whoops; Wilson averaged 17.2 compared to Kaepernick's 13.4. Sorry about that. Well, no I'm not. Better go back to believing the truth, not your own confirmation bias.

As for Kaepernick having 1.1 more QBR points for the postseason - meh, QBR is still a somewhat flawed stat. It gives too many points for some things, not enough for others Sando even admitted it needs tweaking, and that he's looking forward to it for next year as ESPN tweaks it with last season's data. It's not worthless, though; I don't mean to imply that. However, a HUGE bump in Kaepernick's QBR came from the rushing yards and TDs against Green Bay. He was a much better quarterback against Atlanta than he was against Green Bay. Let's look at their postseason stats only. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14001/colin-kaepernick and http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson
Kaepernick: 61.3% completion, 9.98 avg, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 100.9 QB rating.
Wilson: 62.9% completion, 9.23 avg, 3 TDs, 1 int, 102.4 QB rating.

Whoops. Kaepernick had a higher yards per catch average, they tied in ints, (1 int per two games) but Wilson had a higher completion rating, more TDs per game, and a higher QB rating. Remember, Wilson played two playoff games; Kaepernick played in four. Kaepernick led in one of those categories, at least. Obviously, he went farther in the playoffs; but Wilson played better. What's that tell you? At the time, the 49ers as a team were getting it done more than the Seahawks. Losing our one and only good pass rusher during the Redskins game really hurt us; I'm not making excuses, though. We just didn't get it done for a variety of reasons. This discussion is about Wilson vs. Kaepernick, and you've been resorting to lies and half-truths to try and say Kaepernick has been better than Wilson when the facts simply do not back that up. That doesn't mean he might not be next year, or down the road in the future. He very well might be. However, you can't say he is right now. At least, not based on reality.

@Legbreaker: Before you accuse me of walking in here and trying to justify Wilson being better because of fantasy, that's not what I'm doing. I was pointing out the critical problems with Young2Rice's own fantasy-based link and assertion for Kaepernick being better. Considerable difference.

wtf are you talking about. You asked me to provide some people who thought Kaep was better then Wilson and I did. Even though these reports are meaning less, which is what i told you to begin with. And now you are attacking the reports'....Oh my bad, only reports with Wilson on top are valid huh?

Those links contain a direct link of a comparison that Kaep > Wilson even during the season, not just after Kaep is eliminated.

One of the links was from week 15.

The fantasy site was a joke to show you how silly your own links were. Who evaluates a player based on fantasy points? lol

You are the one who is insecure about Wilson. I'm not the one in an opposing team's forum trying to prove a point. That reeks of insecurity by you.
Your post doesn't even make any sense. It is just a bunch on nonsensical backtracking because you are so shocked i provided links of people who think Kaep are better then Wilson.

I gather you didn't like what you read? LOL

Hawkerism

wonder who has the bigger dong though.

Russell Wilson is black.

yea, but he's a cornball brotha.
wtf are you talking about. You asked me to provide some people who thought Kaep was better then Wilson and I did. Even though these reports are meaning less, which is what i told you to begin with.

Those links contain a direct link of a comparison that Kaep > Wilson.

One of the links wa from week 15.

Your post doesn't even make any sense. It is just a bunch on nonsensical backtracking because you are so shocked that there are people who think Kaep are better then Wilson.

I gather you didn't like what you read? LOL

You can't be this naive...

"Those links contain a direct link of a comparison that Kaep > Wilson." - Really? The main one in question during a week Wilson didn't even play is your ammo? What's next, Kaepernick is better than Wilson with a link to the week of the Seahawks bye, where they didn't play? "Kaepernick had a bajillion times as many yards as Wilson because Wilson had zero, hahaha, Kaep4Life!" Come on, dude. You're killin' me, Smalls.

The key word in another link is "potentially". As in maybe. Possibly. If all the stars align. I guess you take that as a guarantee of stardom.

In regards to you not being the one on an opposing team's forum trying to prove a point...Well, you're on Seahawks.net. I guess you can pretend you were never there, except here's a link to your profile (may have to be logged in to view) which shows your last visit as being 12:16pm on March 20th, 2013; which is yesterday. http://www.seahawks.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7777

You have 95 posts, a few less than I have on your forum. Also, on the contrary; I love what I've read in looking at the Wilson vs. Kaep QB rankings.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home