There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

• AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
really wilson is scary good but kaep has the highest potential of any of the QB's (including wilson). even on that one guys post who was trying to show how Wilson is rated higher than Kaep currently if you actually followed all his link the word you will find to describe Kaep the most is Potential. Wilson is currently more polished but potential wise Kaep has the highest QB potential of any one in the league. I mean serially he is like Wilson, RG3, Luck and Newton combined into 1 player e was just scratching the surface last year. Wilson now ok Maybe but if they both reach full potential Kaep is #1 out of all of them.

and you're basing this on what facts/stats?

Wilson will never be as big, strong, or fast as Kaep. His edge in quickness offsets Kaeps edge in speed, however there will never be anything to offset Kaep's superior arm or superior size. I think all the other intangibles and attributes for the two players are even in terms of potential.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Highly unlikely that Wilson's durability is equal to Kaep's. Size plays a big role in durability, Kaep has it, Wilson lacks it.

And there's no way you can tell how intelligent a person is based solely on speaking ability. Frank Gore is considered one of the smartest players in terms of football intelligence, but he isn't a very good speaker.
kap weighs a whopping 20lbs more than RW.. plus he is lengthy, his body type is more injury prone than the compact body like wilson has.. he's 210lbs.. that's not a small guy....

Please dude. Lengthy? Haha.

kap weighs a whopping 20lbs more than RW.. plus he is lengthy, his body type is more injury prone than the compact body like wilson has.. he's 210lbs.. that's not a small guy....

A "whopping" 20 lbs? It's actually more like 25 lbs, as Wilson is listed at 204, Kaep at 230. 25 lbs is the difference between a linebacker and a safety.
Lol they are regurgitating nonsense from 1990neonturds.net.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Highly unlikely that Wilson's durability is equal to Kaep's. Size plays a big role in durability, Kaep has it, Wilson lacks it.

And there's no way you can tell how intelligent a person is based solely on speaking ability. Frank Gore is considered one of the smartest players in terms of football intelligence, but he isn't a very good speaker.

Please dude. Lengthy? Haha.

This.

The guy is a BUG DUDE. I met him at a restaurant his rookie year. I'm 6'4", he is taller than me. And as evidenced by the picture, he is rock solid. No way a guy 25+ lbs lighter and half a foot shorter is as durable against 250+ lbs defenders.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Intelligence is another area that Wilson is good in. He generally makes good decisions and has scored decently in aptitude tests. However, again, Kaep is noticeably better. He's a more intelligent guy, and that's not taking anything away from Wilson, but Kaep's mental ability is on the level of Luck, which I think most people consider to set the bar for young QBs.

I really can't see how Kaep has more intelligence than Wilson. If you've heard him speak, he's one of the most affluent players I've ever heard, in any sport. I'd say, If Kaep can match Wilson, then we're good.

Kaep is better at:
Speed, Arm Strength, Size, Running for yardage

Wilson and Kaep are essentially equal at:
Accuracy, Intelligence, Mental Toughness, Durability

Wilson is better at:
Escapability, Extending Plays

I agree on this comparison here. Nicely done.
Such an unfortunate photo of Ashton :(

There are, however, others that are slightly more flattering. For instance...

http://instagram.com/p/W0JhjPs7EH/
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I guess you didn't watch much TV or listen to much radio after SEA went down.

Maybe if you stuck around here after SEA lost you would of read the multiple links and reports about KAep.

Anyyyways...enjoy reading meaningless articles. And i hope you do read them. Because you almost had me convinced with those links, But these guys here brought me back to reality.

http://sportspressnw.com/2013/01/kaepernick-wilson-top-2-qbs-over-last-9-weeks/

Entering the day, ESPN Stats and Info compiled some numbers over the previous nine weeks of the NFL season with its QBR system that takes into account rushing as well as passing. The conclusion: Kaepernick and Wilson were the best.

1. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco, 82.8

2. Russell Wilson, Seattle 81.7.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1510203-why-colin-kaepernick-is-potentially-the-most-dangerous-qb-weve-ever-met
"I'm not ready to crown him as the best quarterback in the NFL just yet, but as long asKaepernick stays healthy, avoids the big hit and continues to develop under the tutelage of Harbaugh, he has a chance to become the most dangerous NFL quarterback that has ever lived."

http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/colin-kaepernick-russell-wilson.php

"No experts recommend Russell Wilson over Colin Kaepernick"

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/58240/best-nfc-west-qb-wilson-or-kaepernick

"Colin Kaepernick is the best quarterback in the NFC West"

"Kaepernick has been at his best when the game is on the line. He leads all qualified quarterbacks with a fourth quarter Total QBR of 95.8, well ahead of Russell Wilson's 63.2. When the score is within three points, Kaepernick leads the league with a 74.5 completion percentage and 10.5 yards per attempt (minimum 50 attempts)."

How much of a liar are you, exactly? Click your own fantasypros.com link. With me so far? Now, click the Notes tab on there. See anything suspicious? Those were the recommended picks for those two players for the week after the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs. Nobody recommended Wilson because Wilson wasn't playing at that time. Are you so insecure inside about Kaepernick that you have to resort to this, or was it just a critical mistake?

Now. Step two. On that same link, click the performance tab. See anything suspicious yet again? Perhaps their average points per week for the year in fantasy? Oh, whoops; Wilson averaged 17.2 compared to Kaepernick's 13.4. Sorry about that. Well, no I'm not. Better go back to believing the truth, not your own confirmation bias.

As for Kaepernick having 1.1 more QBR points for the postseason - meh, QBR is still a somewhat flawed stat. It gives too many points for some things, not enough for others Sando even admitted it needs tweaking, and that he's looking forward to it for next year as ESPN tweaks it with last season's data. It's not worthless, though; I don't mean to imply that. However, a HUGE bump in Kaepernick's QBR came from the rushing yards and TDs against Green Bay. He was a much better quarterback against Atlanta than he was against Green Bay. Let's look at their postseason stats only. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14001/colin-kaepernick and http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson
Kaepernick: 61.3% completion, 9.98 avg, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 100.9 QB rating.
Wilson: 62.9% completion, 9.23 avg, 3 TDs, 1 int, 102.4 QB rating.

Whoops. Kaepernick had a higher yards per catch average, they tied in ints, (1 int per two games) but Wilson had a higher completion rating, more TDs per game, and a higher QB rating. Remember, Wilson played two playoff games; Kaepernick played in four. Kaepernick led in one of those categories, at least. Obviously, he went farther in the playoffs; but Wilson played better. What's that tell you? At the time, the 49ers as a team were getting it done more than the Seahawks. Losing our one and only good pass rusher during the Redskins game really hurt us; I'm not making excuses, though. We just didn't get it done for a variety of reasons. This discussion is about Wilson vs. Kaepernick, and you've been resorting to lies and half-truths to try and say Kaepernick has been better than Wilson when the facts simply do not back that up. That doesn't mean he might not be next year, or down the road in the future. He very well might be. However, you can't say he is right now. At least, not based on reality.

@Legbreaker: Before you accuse me of walking in here and trying to justify Wilson being better because of fantasy, that's not what I'm doing. I was pointing out the critical problems with Young2Rice's own fantasy-based link and assertion for Kaepernick being better. Considerable difference.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Such an unfortunate photo of Ashton :(

There are, however, others that are slightly more flattering. For instance...

http://instagram.com/p/W0JhjPs7EH/

well yea, she's got them big o' goggles on covering half of that mug.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
well yea, she's got them big o' goggles on covering half of that mug.

Try this, then: http://instagram.com/p/We_bIxlaBR/
My two cents is this, who really cares bout Wilson. I have to say I dont even think he and Kaep are the same type QB. Just because they both can run the option well dont mean the comparisons. I dont even think you can compare, Luck or RG3. Each one brings their own element to the table once you get over the common denominator of scrambling QB first. Only maybe Luck is the better pocket passer of the group. Just maybe.

But overall, i dont mind this wilson vs kaep article. To be honest I'm not ready to think just becasue of what we did last year on offense, that it's guarenteed to get at the very least the same, or even more production.

I'm gonna take it just like i did every year. Lets see what we do in the pre-season. I wanna see what all those read option QB's are gonna do next year. Because I wonder if the NFL is changing, or is this just a fad. I mean a lot seem to agree that mobile QB's dont really make it as far as pocket passers. So it will be fun to see.

I think we are gonna do good things next year, but not ready to crown Wilson and the Hawks, or Kaep and Us. Go Niners, but Im gonna go and wait to see what we do, instead of crowning, or making my personal feelings toward what they will do next year, and look at it for what it is. There's no guarantee, we are gonna kill on O, just like the hawks dont know.

Go Niners!
If teams had to choose, I'm pretty sure most would take Kap.
wonder who has the bigger dong though.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
How much of a liar are you, exactly? Click your own fantasypros.com link. With me so far? Now, click the Notes tab on there. See anything suspicious? Those were the recommended picks for those two players for the week after the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs. Nobody recommended Wilson because Wilson wasn't playing at that time. Are you so insecure inside about Kaepernick that you have to resort to this, or was it just a critical mistake?

Now. Step two. On that same link, click the performance tab. See anything suspicious yet again? Perhaps their average points per week for the year in fantasy? Oh, whoops; Wilson averaged 17.2 compared to Kaepernick's 13.4. Sorry about that. Well, no I'm not. Better go back to believing the truth, not your own confirmation bias.

As for Kaepernick having 1.1 more QBR points for the postseason - meh, QBR is still a somewhat flawed stat. It gives too many points for some things, not enough for others Sando even admitted it needs tweaking, and that he's looking forward to it for next year as ESPN tweaks it with last season's data. It's not worthless, though; I don't mean to imply that. However, a HUGE bump in Kaepernick's QBR came from the rushing yards and TDs against Green Bay. He was a much better quarterback against Atlanta than he was against Green Bay. Let's look at their postseason stats only. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14001/colin-kaepernick and http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson
Kaepernick: 61.3% completion, 9.98 avg, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 100.9 QB rating.
Wilson: 62.9% completion, 9.23 avg, 3 TDs, 1 int, 102.4 QB rating.

Whoops. Kaepernick had a higher yards per catch average, they tied in ints, (1 int per two games) but Wilson had a higher completion rating, more TDs per game, and a higher QB rating. Remember, Wilson played two playoff games; Kaepernick played in four. Kaepernick led in one of those categories, at least. Obviously, he went farther in the playoffs; but Wilson played better. What's that tell you? At the time, the 49ers as a team were getting it done more than the Seahawks. Losing our one and only good pass rusher during the Redskins game really hurt us; I'm not making excuses, though. We just didn't get it done for a variety of reasons. This discussion is about Wilson vs. Kaepernick, and you've been resorting to lies and half-truths to try and say Kaepernick has been better than Wilson when the facts simply do not back that up. That doesn't mean he might not be next year, or down the road in the future. He very well might be. However, you can't say he is right now. At least, not based on reality.

@Legbreaker: Before you accuse me of walking in here and trying to justify Wilson being better because of fantasy, that's not what I'm doing. I was pointing out the critical problems with Young2Rice's own fantasy-based link and assertion for Kaepernick being better. Considerable difference.

How about before you come here accusing fans of being liars you get your facts straight as well. Kaep played in 3 post season games not 4.
Originally posted by socalniner:
If teams had to choose, I'm pretty sure most would take Kap.

What defense would you take though?