There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Young2Rice, I'm not sure if your screen is blurry, or what; but at what point, was Kaep ever put above Wilson? Let's start with "never". You are impossible to even talk to on here...Geez.

During the Superbowl run everyone was saying Kaep > Wilson.

You know he broke the record for most running yards by a QB in history? He slaughtered the Packers then Slaughtered the falcons then almost pulled off the biggest comeback in SB history.

There was a time there where Kaep was talked about as being the next best QB in the league.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
During the Superbowl run everyone was saying Kaep > Wilson.

You know he broke the record for most running yards by a QB in history? He slaughtered the Packers then Slaughtered the falcons then almost pulled off the biggest comeback in SB history.

There was a time there where Kaep was talked about as being the next best QB in the league.

I think hes talking about the articles that he handpicked to prove his point when he says when did anyone say kaep over wilson.
I think the question was when was Kaep ever above Wilson? Answer: he's always above Wilson.

[ Edited by GNielsen on Mar 20, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Colin and Russell, posing together and, in the process, demonstrating one very important difference between the two:

Did you actually spend the time to photoshop this pic?
Yes, about five minutes. I'm off today. How do you like it?
And, since you obviously don't see the humor in it, let me explain something about it. They both play the game well. They both have good arms although some people think Kaepernick's is currently the strongest in the league. They're both fast. They're both accurate. They both have good pocket presence and they both scramble well. They're both dedicated hard workers. They both go through their reads.

But, if all of the above is true, there is one thing Kaepernick will always have that Wilson will never have - the ability to see over linemen and the luxury of not needing to look through passing lanes.

Pretty funny. But you should've had little kids in the background and make them a little taller than Wilson.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Pretty funny. But you should've had little kids in the background and make them a little taller than Wilson.

Okay, so you DO see some humor in it. I take my last post back. Really, I did this earlier for the purpose of some good natured razzing of some Hawks fans that I like on the Niner talk board. I think they're both incredibly good QB's for this early in their careers.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Kap (WOLF)>>>>>>>wilson (badger)

russy chips on Kap's wood!

This is what will happen if they get into it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uECEfNNjKUA
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Intelligence is another area that Wilson is good in. He generally makes good decisions and has scored decently in aptitude tests. However, again, Kaep is noticeably better. He's a more intelligent guy, and that's not taking anything away from Wilson, but Kaep's mental ability is on the level of Luck, which I think most people consider to set the bar for young QBs.

I really can't see how Kaep has more intelligence than Wilson. If you've heard him speak, he's one of the most affluent players I've ever heard, in any sport. I'd say, If Kaep can match Wilson, then we're good.

Kaep is better at:
Speed, Arm Strength, Size, Running for yardage

Wilson and Kaep are essentially equal at:
Accuracy, Intelligence, Mental Toughness, Durability

Wilson is better at:
Escapability, Extending Plays

Edited for misread.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM ]
I think the question was when was Kaep ever above Wilson? Answer: he's always above Wilson.

They look like they could be cousins. They both look kinda middle eastern lol
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Why don't we just see what people that aren't Seahawks or 49ers fans think? I took the liberty of Googling it, but only starting after the Super Bowl, which benefits the "voting" for you guys, since Kaepernick made it to the big game. Virtually everything I found that ranks QBs puts Wilson ahead of Kaepernick.
Kaep and Wilson performed very comparably. However, Wilson did it in a larger sample size. Analysts are going to put more stock in someone who put up comparable numbers in twice the playing time. I think a lot of people still consider Kaep something of an unknown. Can he perform like this over a full season? Maybe. Wilson has already, though.

Kaep took over a team that Alex Smith (for all intents and purposes) led to a Super Bowl, so I don't think people look at Kaep and think, "wow, he put this team on the back and led this team to a Super Bowl!" I think the playing time thing has a lot more to do with the rankings than how far they led their teams.

Well said. Small sample with CK.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Okay, so you DO see some humor in it. I take my last post back. Really, I did this earlier for the purpose of some good natured razzing of some Hawks fans that I like on the Niner talk board. I think they're both incredibly good QB's for this early in their careers.

Yeah they're both good and will probably get better. I think it will be a couple years before we can clearly say which QBs out of this new class of QBs(Kaep,Luck,Wilson,RGIII) is the best. Once these QBs have their respective offense down the great ones will seperate themselves from the good or OK ones.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Intelligence is another area that Wilson is good in. He generally makes good decisions and has scored decently in aptitude tests. However, again, Kaep is noticeably better. He's a more intelligent guy, and that's not taking anything away from Wilson, but Kaep's mental ability is on the level of Luck, which I think most people consider to set the bar for young QBs.

I really can't see how Kaep has more intelligence than Wilson. If you've heard him speak, he's one of the most affluent players I've ever heard, in any sport. I'd say, If Kaep can match Wilson, then we're good.

Kaep is better at:
Speed, Arm Strength, Size, Running for yardage

Wilson and Kaep are essentially equal at:
Accuracy, Intelligence, Mental Toughness, Durability

Wilson is better at:
Escapability, Extending Plays

Those are pretty accurate.
And suddenly, Russell Wilson's wife appears!