There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by mostovnik:
This is a little off topic, but related in that it has to do with receptions. Vernon Davis has never laid out for a ball in his life. When he is sprinting downfield and a pass comes falling out of the sky or zipping by for that matter Vernon does not dive to make the catch. He has an extremely UPRIGHT running posture where he almost looks stiff. I have seen many passes over the years drop two feet out of his reach where he made no effort to EXTEND to get the ball.
As a long time beach volleyball tournament player I excelled at defense and that requires full-sprint dives with full body extension. Fail to do that and you simply do not reach countless balls.
Injuries from diving are rare. If you want evidence of the effectiveness of laying out for passes just watch any football game. Someone will be doing it successfully. Coach the receivers to dive for balls!

I have noticed this too
I don't understand the point of this discussion both QBs are one hit wonders and the storyline after next season will be "what went wrong with the Niners and Seahawks?" Meanwhile the Afc west will become the toughest division because of Alex, Manning and Flynn.
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
I don't understand the point of this discussion both QBs are one hit wonders and the storyline after next season will be "what went wrong with the Niners and Seahawks?" Meanwhile the Afc west will become the toughest division because of Alex, Manning and Flynn.

^^
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

LOL.

So I guess Flynn is a one game wonder?

[ Edited by Beeker on Apr 9, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by mostovnik:
This is a little off topic, but related in that it has to do with receptions. Vernon Davis has never laid out for a ball in his life. When he is sprinting downfield and a pass comes falling out of the sky or zipping by for that matter Vernon does not dive to make the catch. He has an extremely UPRIGHT running posture where he almost looks stiff. I have seen many passes over the years drop two feet out of his reach where he made no effort to EXTEND to get the ball.
As a long time beach volleyball tournament player I excelled at defense and that requires full-sprint dives with full body extension. Fail to do that and you simply do not reach countless balls.
Injuries from diving are rare. If you want evidence of the effectiveness of laying out for passes just watch any football game. Someone will be doing it successfully. Coach the receivers to dive for balls!

I have noticed this too

That's why he isn't a WR. If he fought for the ball like Boldin, he would be a beast.
So who is gonna start the Colt McCoy vs Brady Quinn thread haha
Originally posted by 5280High:

You. I'm waiting.
Originally posted by Beeker:

You. I'm waiting.

Nah their is a requirement of under 100 posts for a thread like that .
Originally posted by Beeker:

You. I'm waiting.

Nah their is a requirement of under 100 posts for a thread like that .

So that leave both of us out. Shame.
So how many people are voting for RW for the Madden 25 cover???
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
So how many people are voting for RW for the Madden 25 cover???

McQuarters ? That's a hell of a longshot.