There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man I really wish I can like Wilson. He was my sleeper qb during the draft last year. I can only hope he would want to join another team once his contract expires but unfortunately he will be a pain in our side for a decade.

Good thing we have Kaepernick

same here...hated he was picked by the seahawks.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
So what you are saying is, before the super bowl everyone and thejr mama would take kaep. Now that seahawks won the offseason bowl, everyone picks wilson. What changed in that short period of time betweenthe two qbs besides kaep having a good game?

Do you see how that works? Thats why it is better to use your own eyes and a few good analysts. Not people from an arizona retardinal fan forum or thise wacky sources u posted.

If Sea starts out 0-2 they will be back on Kaepernick over wilson.

HA! Keep dreaming, dude. It's the opposite; Wilson was ranked WAY more highly than Kaepernick late in the regular season. I know, because I checked that out of curiosity while I was searching the initial stuff. Only starting after the Super Bowl is being nice to you guys. Go check it yourself. My own eyes tell me Wilson is better right now, Super Bowl included or excluded.

I'm 100% serious, go search for QB rankings in the month of December/January. You'll see what I mean. However, I doubt you'll really check, because you don't want to give me more ammo.
Wilson is like percy harvin at qb and Kaep is like Calvin Johnson. Theyre both Studs but Kaep doesnt have a downside, Wilson is short so it does hamper pocket vision.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
So what you are saying is, before the super bowl everyone and thejr mama would take kaep. Now that seahawks won the offseason bowl, everyone picks wilson. What changed in that short period of time betweenthe two qbs besides kaep having a good game?

Do you see how that works? Thats why it is better to use your own eyes and a few good analysts. Not people from an arizona retardinal fan forum or thise wacky sources u posted.

HA! Keep dreaming, dude. It's the opposite; Wilson was ranked WAY more highly than Kaepernick late in the regular season. I know, because I checked that out of curiosity while I was searching the initial stuff. Only starting after the Super Bowl is being nice to you guys. Go check it yourself. My own eyes tell me Wilson is better right now, Super Bowl included or excluded.

I'm 100% serious, go search for QB rankings in the month of December/January. You'll see what I mean. However, I doubt you'll really check, because you don't want to give me more ammo.

Compare their first 10 starts since Kap didn't start the whole season...
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM ]

It really does not matter at all what you, me or anyone thinks of Kap or Wilson. What matters is how they perform next year with a full offseason as the starting quarterback of their teams. They are both going to improve by a lot and how much will be determined by their preparation for the season. I believe that Kap will improve more because he did not enter last season as the starter, and so the coaching staff slowly built the offense around his capabilities. Next year the offense will be all about taking advantage of his abilities. Kap, not Wilson, came within 5 yards of a championship having only started halfway through the season and has already thrown himself into improving himself to take that next step. We will see next season who the best is..
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

It really does not matter at all what you, me or anyone thinks of Kap or Wilson. What matters is how they perform next year with a full offseason as the starting quarterback of their teams. They are both going to improve by a lot and how much will be determined by their preparation for the season. I believe that Kap will improve more because he did not enter last season as the starter, and so the coaching staff slowly built the offense around his capabilities. Next year the offense will be all about taking advantage of his abilities. Kap, not Wilson, came within 5 yards of a championship having only started halfway through the season and has already thrown himself into improving himself to take that next step. We will see next season who the best is..

This
Wilson has better pocket precense. That's about it. Greats QBs.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

You can't ignore the fact that Kaep had a year-and-a-half to learn the playbook. Wilson went through training camp splitting reps with two other QBs, and went through the pre-season splitting them with Flynn. He didn't even become the starter until after the 3rd pre-season game. Comparing their first 10 starts is not a fair and accurate comparison. I'm not necessarily saying that Wilson's second half of the season is a 100% equal comparison to the last 8 regular-season starts of Kaepernick's, but it's gotta be somewhat close. There's no way Kaepernick didn't learn a lot from when he was drafted until the time he was named starter. You guys went to the NFCCG last year, after all. Kaepernick was never under "start as a fresh rookie" pressure.

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Wilson is like percy harvin at qb and Kaep is like Calvin Johnson. Theyre both Studs but Kaep doesnt have a downside, Wilson is short so it does hamper pocket vision.

Hand size is a downside for Kaepernick. Especially evident in some of his handling the snap problems. Wilson's got hands more than an inch larger. (Among the largest of all NFL QBs, actually; it's a definite plus for him.)

I actually agree with you more than you do, in a sense. I didn't start the thread. What I mean by that is that it will be at LEAST another two full years before we can truly evaluate these guys. I disagree that we'll see who the best is for sure in a long-term sense next season; I think two more have to pass by before we can guarantee that, personally. However, at the present time, it's early 2013 and all we can go by is what has already happened to this point.

One thing's for sure. The NFC West has zero chance of being a doormat division for the next decade.

You can't ignore the fact that Kaep had a year-and-a-half to learn the playbook. Wilson went through training camp splitting reps with two other QBs, and went through the pre-season splitting them with Flynn. He didn't even become the starter until after the 3rd pre-season game. Comparing their first 10 starts is not a fair and accurate comparison. I'm not necessarily saying that Wilson's second half of the season is a 100% equal comparison to the last 8 regular-season starts of Kaepernick's, but it's gotta be somewhat close. There's no way Kaepernick didn't learn a lot from when he was drafted until the time he was named starter. You guys went to the NFCCG last year, after all. Kaepernick was never under "start as a fresh rookie" pressure.

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

Hand size is a downside for Kaepernick. Especially evident in some of his handling the snap problems. Wilson's got hands more than an inch larger. (Among the largest of all NFL QBs, actually; it's a definite plus for him.)

I actually agree with you more than you do, in a sense. I didn't start the thread. What I mean by that is that it will be at LEAST another two full years before we can truly evaluate these guys. I disagree that we'll see who the best is for sure in a long-term sense next season; I think two more have to pass by before we can guarantee that, personally. However, at the present time, it's early 2013 and all we can go by is what has already happened to this point.

One thing's for sure. The NFC West has zero chance of being a doormat division for the next decade.

Wilson is a good QB, can't deny it..I would still take Kap any day of the week. Handsize, really? You act as if he had a problem all year handling the snap. Just seems to me you are grasping at straws, it's ok though. Wilson did some amazing things his rookie year, but Kap beat some impressive teams on the road, came back from 17 pts on the rd in the NFCCG and almost won it all. He also broke a few all time records in the playoffs...nuff said
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]

compare the last 8 starts and first two playoff games
Originally posted by hawker84:

compare the last 8 starts and first two playoff games

Hawkerism
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]

You are further proving my point. As YOU just stated, Wilson ranked higher when SEA was on fire. When SF was on fire, Kaep was the favorite, as YOU just said.

Now when Sea has the hype, Wilson is on top again.

I don't think you are geting my point. These links you posted are basing their opinions about which QB is better depending on how the team is doing AT THAT TIME. That is why it flucuates. Like is said, if SEA goes 0-2 or Wilson has a slow start, or Kaep comes out on fire, they will switch their choice again.

That's why if you search Dec/Jan, its Wilson, then it was Kaep overwhelmingly. Now it is Wilson again. You are posting the infor for me, i'm just interpreting it in a way that makes sense.

Let me put it this way, search who would people rather have from October, Alex Smith or Russel Wilson? Not many outside of sheattle would say Wilson. What does that prove? Absolutely NOTHIN.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM ]
You are further proving my point. As YOU just stated, Wilson ranked higher when SEA was on fire. When SF was on fire, Kaep was the favorite, as YOU just said.

Now when Sea has the hype, Wilson is on top again.

I don't think you are geting my point. These links you posted are basing their opinions about which QB is better depending on how the team is doing AT THAT TIME. That is why it flucuates. Like is said, if SEA goes 0-2 or Wilson has a slow start, or Kaep comes out on fire, they will switch their choice again.

That's why if you search Dec/Jan, its Wilson, then it was Kaep overwhelmingly. Now it is Wilson again. You are posting the infor for me, i'm just interpreting it in a way that makes sense.

Let me put it this way, search who would people rather have from October, Alex Smith or Russel Wilson? Not many outside of sheattle would say Wilson. What does that prove? Absolutely NOTHIN.

That deserves a my friend.
Young2Rice, I'm not sure if your screen is blurry, or what; but at what point, was Kaep ever put above Wilson? Let's start with "never". You are impossible to even talk to on here...Geez.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home