There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by hawker84:
i don't think that's unrealistic, Seattle is one of the best teams in the league... if they show up they can beat anybody.. i think the offense will be consistant and will put up points, it's going to come down to whether or not our defense shows up on the road... we can't have let downs like miami and detroit like last year...

Seattle just signed an interior DLineman from Miami, Tony McDaniel, that sacked Wilson last year. If having Harvin gives the Hawks one more scoring drive that would put thier scoring output at an average of 40 pts if they can match what they did in that last half of last season. McDaniel is a force in the middle that can push a big Offensive L Gaurd right back into a QB. He's also a monster against the run. The arms race in the NFC West is getting serious indeed, If the Seahawks even START to get complacent this year all they have to do is think back to the trip to WASH and the next week to a Saturday mourning game in Atlanta to get right for every regular season game at home or away. We don't have the luxury of SF's schedule this year. The players and coaches surely know this better than we fans. With Avril, Bennett and now McDaniel the DLine is clearly better than last season. We may lose to SF in the Bay Game but I honestly, at least on paper, and obviously before the draft don't see a loss to anyone but the single one to SF this season. With SF's schedule they may well run the table except in Seattle. I've said it before but the evidence keeps piling up...Sea 15-1 SF 15-1. I wonder how the NFL will pick the NFC West champ if we split and have the same wins against like opponents? Crazy!!!! LOL

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5309002/il_fullxfull.178828224.jpg
Originally posted by hawker84:
i don't think that's unrealistic, Seattle is one of the best teams in the league... if they show up they can beat anybody.. i think the offense will be consistant and will put up points, it's going to come down to whether or not our defense shows up on the road... we can't have let downs like miami and detroit like last year...

Seattle just signed an interior DLineman from Miami, Tony McDaniel, that sacked Wilson last year. If having Harvin gives the Hawks one more scoring drive that would put thier scoring output at an average of 40 pts if they can match what they did in that last half of last season. McDaniel is a force in the middle that can push a big Offensive L Gaurd right back into a QB. He's also a monster against the run. The arms race in the NFC West is getting serious indeed, If the Seahawks even START to get complacent this year all they have to do is think back to the trip to WASH and the next week to a Saturday mourning game in Atlanta to get right for every regular season game at home or away. We don't have the luxury of SF's schedule this year. The players and coaches surely know this better than we fans. With Avril, Bennett and now McDaniel the DLine is clearly better than last season. We may lose to SF in the Bay Game but I honestly, at least on paper, and obviously before the draft don't see a loss to anyone but the single one to SF this season. With SF's schedule they may well run the table except in Seattle. I've said it before but the evidence keeps piling up...Sea 15-1 SF 15-1. I wonder how the NFL will pick the NFC West champ if we split and have the same wins against like opponents? Crazy!!!! LOL

T McDaniel had 11 tackles and half a sack last year and for his career he has a little over 100 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 7 years...what makes you say he is a monster?
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
T McDaniel had 11 tackles and half a sack last year and for his career he has a little over 100 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 7 years...what makes you say he is a monster?

Because the Seahawks signed him, that's why. He's a monster at 6'7", 305 lbs. I'm sure he'll completely overpower Iupati, who's a dainty little 6'6", 330 pounder or possibly Alex Boone, at an undersized 6'8", 310. How could they possibly deal with a guy like McDaniel. 11 tackles! I'm sure Iupati and Boone will be losing a lot of sleep.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Because the Seahawks signed him, that's why. He's a monster at 6'7", 305 lbs. I'm sure he'll completely overpower Iupati, who's a dainty little 6'6", 330 pounder or possibly Alex Boone, at an undersized 6'8", 310. How could they possibly deal with a guy like McDaniel. 11 tackles! I'm sure Iupati and Boone will be losing a lot of sleep.

Ding ding ding!!!!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Ding ding ding!!!!

I was going to say because he somehow managed to do the impossibe...he sacked Wilson last year
I was going to say because he somehow managed to do the impossibe...he sacked Wilson last year

he only got half the credit which means he couldnt sack him solo, unlike smith or bowman.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
he only got half the credit which means he couldnt sack him solo, unlike smith or bowman.

Take a look at the video clip embeded in this linked page and tell me if it looks like McDaniel deserved a half sack. I think he was robbed.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Defensive-tackle-Tony-McDaniel-signs-with-Seahawks/405a5da7-2f1c-4be8-9710-3c7d998bb4a5
I don't think we have much to worry about running the ball. I gotta say though, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Harbaugh chose to do it more. I swear, once he started Kaep, our running game looked good and he seemed to go away from it at times. I don't care if we are down a couple scores, I want to stay with the run a little more and keep opposing offenses on the sidelines. None of this opening up with passes junk. This OLine is a machine and is only going to get better at run blocking.
Take a look at the video clip embeded in this linked page and tell me if it looks like McDaniel deserved a half sack. I think he was robbed.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Defensive-tackle-Tony-McDaniel-signs-with-Seahawks/405a5da7-2f1c-4be8-9710-3c7d998bb4a5

He still sucks sacks, whether its half a sack or a full sack.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He was a situational player waiting on the bench for most of his time at Miami.

lol ok.

So what makes you say he is a monster?
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM ]
  • HUGGY
So what makes you say he is a monsterr?

Just my observation from the video I presented as evidense.
a situational player who barely got on the field for ....Miami

scary s**t

I'd liken that to us signing Dahl
  • HUGGY
I don't think Schneider or Carroll went out to get McDaniel just to warm the bench. If ya have a great D Line already like Miami a guy like McDaniel can get lost in the shuffle. I doubt he was aquired to get one or one half sacks this season. LOL