There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by hawker84:
i am counting on it Marvin, for the reason as you stated above, he's a different animal.. i also think this applies to Kap and the niners as well... to compare our situation to the lions is a bit of a reach i think.. but one never knows.. all i know is out of the 22 starters we're bringing at least 20 back, and some added pieces.. we were in every game last season ( including at your place ) .. i don't see this team regressing, but then again our road schedule is much tougher next year.. to be the best you have to beat the best on their turf.. so if we have the same road issues, it will be a very disappointing season indeed.

Don't get me wrong...the "don't count on it" wasn't a reference directly at the Seahawks. I'm just sayin' things very often don't work out the way you expect.

Who thought the 49ers were gonna gonna 13-3 and be a fumble away for the Super Bowl in 2011?

Everyone says now that the 49ers are the most talented team in the NFL...but I didn't hear too many people saying that a few years ago. It didn't change overnight. Only the PERCEPTION changed.

Right now, the perception is that the Seahawks could have the most talented roster. I would argue it, but that's not my point. My point is that stuff seldom works out the way you think it will.

I'm not looking for a huge regression this year from the Seahawks, but I do expect them to have a tougher time than you think they will. If for no other reason it'll be because people now percieve them to be a powerhouse. You'll get opponents A game every single week this season. The Niners learned that lesson last year. Teams will view it as a mini-superbowl every week and will be geared up like crazy. No team can withstand that for 16 weeks.

Seattle will stumble from time to time just as the niners did this year (see Giants, New York - Vikings, Minn - and Rams, St. Louis). The Seahawks will lose games you think they have no right to lose to and then crush much better opponents.

Bottom line....all I'm sayin is don't count on a 2 game bump....especially with an improved St. Louis and Arizona.
i hear what you're saying and i can't disagree... i'm optimistic, but the reality is next years schedule is tougher for sure... i'm predicting a 12-4 season though..
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
An amusing Floridian dialogue with a co-worker from this afternoon.

CW: Hey, I have a quick question for you when you get back.
Me: No, the Seahawks won't win the division this year,
CW: Why do you think that?
Me: The 49ers are in it.
CW: You know, somebody's gonna knock Kaepernick out eventually.
Me: You know, somebody's gonna step on Wilson eventually.

Ha. Nice.

Unlike most running QBs, Kap does a great job of not getting hit very often. It's the NFL so anything can happen, but I'm not terribly concerned about Kap taking a lot of shots.
i hear what you're saying and i can't disagree... i'm optimistic, but the reality is next years schedule is tougher for sure... i'm predicting a 12-4 season though..

That means they will have to be perfect at home AGAIN, and go 4-4 on the road. I doubt that will happen with a playoff team schedule.

Remember last year you got a loser team schedule.
  • HUGGY
"Seahawks will lose games you think they have no right to lose to and then crush much better opponents."

Marvin??? Who are these "much better opponents"? Houston?...NYG?...Atlanta?...Indy? ..St. Louis?...SF? The general concensus with the national sports media is that Seattle and San Francisco are the two best teams in the NFC right now. Denver seems to have a lock in the AFC.
Originally posted by HUGGY:
"Seahawks will lose games you think they have no right to lose to and then crush much better opponents."

Marvin??? Who are these "much better opponents"? Houston?...NYG?...Atlanta?...Indy? ..St. Louis?...SF? The general concensus with the national sports media is that Seattle and San Francisco are the two best teams in the NFC right now. Denver seems to have a lock in the AFC.

Sigh.

I didn't mean much better than THEMSELVES. I meant much better than the bad teams they inexplicably lose to.

The point was that they can't get up for every game. They are bound for a letdown...like say beating the Pats in New England in December (a situation in which New England hadn't lost in like a decade) and then get pummeled in Seattle the following week.

It happens.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That means they will have to be perfect at home AGAIN, and go 4-4 on the road. I doubt that will happen with a playoff team schedule.

i don't think that's unrealistic, Seattle is one of the best teams in the league... if they show up they can beat anybody.. i think the offense will be consistant and will put up points, it's going to come down to whether or not our defense shows up on the road... we can't have let downs like miami and detroit like last year...

i don't think that's unrealistic, Seattle is one of the best teams in the league... if they show up they can beat anybody.. i think the offense will be consistant and will put up points, it's going to come down to whether or not our defense shows up on the road... we can't have let downs like miami and detroit like last year...

Seattle was one of the best teams in 2012 based on an softer schedule and some luck. 2013 isn't going to be the same. You wil have a target on your back this year and all teams will gun for you.

Seattle blows on the road so unless you expect to go 8-0 again at home, good luck with 12-4. I think 10-6 is more likely.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]

Seattle was one of the best teams in 2012 based on an softer schedule and some luck. 2013 isn't going to be the same. You wil have a target on your back this year and all teams will gun for you.

Seattle blows on the road so unless you expect to go 8-0 again at home, good luck with 12-4. I think 10-6 is more likely.

This is pretty much my point.

Niners in 2011 had that softer schedule and were 13-3. Even though the Niners were better last year they went 11-5-1 due to a tougher schedule and because they weren't sneaking up on anyone anymore.

Thats my point on Seattle. Has nothing to do with how good they are or aren't. I'm simply saying it'll be much different next year. One really good year is easy. That second one is much tougher.

and you're basing 10-6 on what? speculation? we blow on the road in 2013 based on what? speculation? softer schedule, playing 49er twice, rams twice, NE,GB, Chi, Vikings, Dallas? doesn't sound very soft to me...

we have a target on our back, so do the niners, and so what, teams still have to match up with us and play us... point is everything you're stating is speculation.. my 12-4 prediction is also speculation... no differnece...
and you're basing 10-6 on what? speculation? we blow on the road in 2013 based on what? speculation? softer schedule, playing 49er twice, rams twice, NE,GB, Chi, Vikings, Dallas? doesn't sound very soft to me...

we have a target on our back, so do the niners, and so what, teams still have to match up with us and play us... point is everything you're stating is speculation.. my 12-4 prediction is also speculation... no differnece...

Can't wait for that week 3 preseason game Hags @ Packers.

Of course it's all speculation. Thats what we're here for.

Personally I'd be stunned if the 'hawks finish 12-4. Not saying it's impossible, but it would surprise me in a big way.

Its my opnion. You blow in 2013 on the road based on past history. That's the best way to predict future trends. If you can't have success on the road with a non playoff schedule, one can reasonable deduce you will have problems with a tough road schedule.

You do realize non playoff teams have "softer" schedules then playoff teams? There are no soft teams in the league really. But some are softer then others. If that helps...you will be playing a less softer schedule.

We had a target on our back last year so we have experience in it. We handled it rather well considering our repeat performance. The target is on SEA for the first time to prove whether they were a one year fluke or more. Remember, SEA fans called Harbaugh'ss first season a fluke and there was no way we could repeat. Now its time for SEA to put its money where its mouth was and repeat the success.

My 10-4 speculation sounds more reasonable then yours. You think you will go 12-4 why? Because you signed and traded for second/third tier players?
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM ]
Given the thread title, and the direction of the conversation. I'd rather have Colin Kaepernick in his second year as a starter with a completely proven and dominant supporting cast that's been through the test. I think Russell will be very successful next year with the offensive weapons, but I'm not entirely convinced that translates directly to wins for the Seahawks, given the difficult road schedule and status as "media darling" and "target".

This offseason has worked out in the 49ers favor in a lot of ways. The whole NFC West has gotten plenty of attention, and people are more focused on the Seahawks, a team that lost in the divisional round. Baalke and Harbaugh have been able to go about their business and build the team for the next three years.
  • HUGGY

Seattle just signed an interior DLineman from Miami, Tony McDaniel, that sacked Wilson last year. If having Harvin gives the Hawks one more scoring drive that would put thier scoring output at an average of 40 pts if they can match what they did in that last half of last season. McDaniel is a force in the middle that can push a big Offensive L Gaurd right back into a QB. He's also a monster against the run. The arms race in the NFC West is getting serious indeed, If the Seahawks even START to get complacent this year all they have to do is think back to the trip to WASH and the next week to a Saturday mourning game in Atlanta to get right for every regular season game at home or away. We don't have the luxury of SF's schedule this year. The players and coaches surely know this better than we fans. With Avril, Bennett and now McDaniel the DLine is clearly better than last season. We may lose to SF in the Bay Game but I honestly, at least on paper, and obviously before the draft don't see a loss to anyone but the single one to SF this season. With SF's schedule they may well run the table except in Seattle. I've said it before but the evidence keeps piling up...Sea 15-1 SF 15-1. I wonder how the NFL will pick the NFC West champ if we split and have the same wins against like opponents? Crazy!!!! LOL