There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

• HUGGY
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Fairest playoff comparison both teams vs the falcons since wilson was aparrently on fire. Lets see how both Kaep and Wilson matched up against the falcons

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
R. Wilson 24/36 385 10.7 2 1 2-17 86.4 109.1
C. Kaepernick 16/21 233 11.1 1 0 1-9 92.6 127.7

Wilson also had 7 carries for 60 yards and one touchdown, Kaep had 2 carries for 21 yards and no scores.

Wilson was at 66% accuracy and Kaep was at 76%

Wilson's int was the last play of the game. He could have easily tucked the ball and made an attempt to run for 30-40 yards and pad his stats. His QB rating would have been higher than Kaeps if he had not been selfless and given his team a chance all be it remote to catch a hail mary. Unfortunately for the Hawks the 60 yard launch fell into Falcon hands as the clock ran out. OR he could have thrown a much shorter pass and gone over 400 yards and had a percentage of 69% again putting him over Kaeps QB rating with 2 TDs and no ints. No reasonable person is going to count the int in comparing the two QBs against Atlanta.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
See, this is what kills me about the way Seahawks fans want to compare the two. Give Wilson 8 games to "get his legs under him" then throw Kaepernick in cold and compare the two. B.S.! Again, the only real comparison is Wilson's first 10 games to Kaepernick's first 10 games. But, it's okay, because next year they both start at the same time fresh. And we'll see who does the smoking. I predict that Kaepernick literally burns up the NFL and Wilson falls a little back into the pack.

i hear what you're saying here,, this is why i've stated several times, to compare the two after last season is not only unfair it's extremely premature.... neither had a full season to soak in the offense and get valuable field experience before they were thrown to the wolves.. they both went in green and succeeded beyond anyones hopes, but there is still room for much improvement with both QB's... next season will be a much better gage..... i'll go on the record and say i would love to have either of these guys starting for my team.. I'm not a huge fan of some of Kap's on field actions, but his skills are crazy good.. RW is a little more reserved and his skills are comparible.. JMO
Originally posted by HUGGY:
Wilson's int was the last play of the game. He could have easily tucked the ball and made an attempt to run for 30-40 yards and pad his stats. His QB rating would have been higher than Kaeps if he had not been selfless and given his team a chance all be it remote to catch a hail mary. Unfortunately for the Hawks the 60 yard launch fell into Falcon hands as the clock ran out. OR he could have thrown a much shorter pass and gone over 400 yards and had a percentage of 69% again putting him over Kaeps QB rating with 2 TDs and no ints. No reasonable person is going to count the int in comparing the two QBs against Atlanta.

How does that saying go, oh yeah coulda woulda shoulda is undefeated.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Apr 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
i hear what you're saying here,, this is why i've stated several times, to compare the two after last season is not only unfair it's extremely premature.... neither had a full season to soak in the offense and get valuable field experience before they were thrown to the wolves.. they both went in green and succeeded beyond anyones hopes, but there is still room for much improvement with both QB's... next season will be a much better gage..... i'll go on the record and say i would love to have either of these guys starting for my team.. I'm not a huge fan of some of Kap's on field actions, but his skills are crazy good.. RW is a little more reserved and his skills are comparible.. JMO

It really is going to be interesting to compare them when they both start the season from the beginning. As far as Kaepernick's on-field actions, keep in mind that the whole "Kaepernicking" thing was in response to a racist article complaining that he looked like a prison inmate. Kaepernick's tattoos are basically inspirational to him, usually religion-based, and often images he's discussed with his parents before having them done. But, he definitely has a new image for a franchise QB. He's not something we've seen before.
It really is going to be interesting to compare them when they both start the season from the beginning. As far as Kaepernick's on-field actions, keep in mind that the whole "Kaepernicking" thing was in response to a racist article complaining that he looked like a prison inmate. Kaepernick's tattoos are basically inspirational to him, usually religion-based, and often images he's discussed with his parents before having them done. But, he definitely has a new image for a franchise QB. He's not something we've seen before.

Yes indeedy. One of the most exciting things about this upcoming season in the NFCW will be seeing how these 2 young and talented QBs handle their equally young and talented teams, given a full playbook from start to finish, in terms of leadership and success on and off the field.

Seems, in different ways, they are BOTH something we've never seen before.
Fairest playoff comparison both teams vs the falcons since wilson was aparrently on fire. Lets see how both Kaep and Wilson matched up against the falcons

Wilson also had 7 carries for 60 yards and one touchdown, Kaep had 2 carries for 21 yards and no scores.

I thought the Alexcuses were bad...Next we will hear that Julio Jones didn't even intercept that because it was "simultaneous possession"
I
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
Here's a list of the defenses that both Wilson and Kaepernick will face...

Seattle

Home
  • Arizona - Pretty good defense and pass coverage, but should be an easy win
  • San Francisco - Good pass rush and run defense, suspect pass coverage, should be favored
  • St. Louis - Good pass rush, run defense, and pass coverage, still should be favored
  • New Orleans - Poor defense all around, should be favored
  • Tampa Bay - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Jacksonville - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Tennessee - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Minnesota - Good pass rush, but mediocre everywhere else, should be favored

Comments: Seattle should be favored in each of their home games and with the exception of the 49ers game, it would be a surprise if they lost a home game. They should be favored in the 49ers game as well. All out-of-division games are not too difficult. 7-1 or 8-0 likely.

Away
  • Arizona - Tough place to play with their attacking defense, a lot depends on Carson Palmer and their offense, Seahawks should be favored
  • San Francisco - Tough place to play, excellent pass rush and run defense at home, 49ers should be favored
  • St. Louis - Tough place to play, very good defense all around, Rams should be favored
  • Atlanta - Tough place to play, their defense will probably be slightly improved, Falcons should be favored
  • Carolina - Mediocre pass rush, good run defense, Seahawks should be favored
  • Houston - Tough place to play, excellent pass rush and run defense at home, Texans should be favored
  • Indianapolis - Up and coming defense, Interesting Luck v. Wilson game, Toss up
  • N.Y. Giants - Excellent pass rush at home, Giants should be favored

Comments: Seattle will probably go 3-5 to 5-3 on the road this year. Lot's of tough away opponents. 49ers, Rams, Falcons, Texans, Colts, and Giants will all be favorites.

Final Record Estimate: 11-5 (7-1 at home, 4-4 away)

San Francisco

Home
  • St. Louis - Good pass rush, run defense, and pass coverage, still should be favored
  • Seattle - Great coverage, ok run defense and pass rush, should be favored
  • Atlanta - Mediocre defense, and this time the game's at home - should be favored
  • Carolina - Mediocre pass rush, good run defense, should be favored
  • Houston - Good pass rush and run defense away, but 49ers should be favored
  • Indianapolis - Up and coming defense, didn't travel well though, 49ers should be favored
  • Green Bay - Good pass rush, suspect run defense, 49ers beat them 2x last year, should be favored

Comments: 49ers should be favored in each game. If last year was any indication, they will let one or two slip with non-characteristic poor play. 6-2 or 7-1 estimated (if there aren't any ties ).

Away
  • Arizona - Tough place to play with their attacking defense, a lot depends on Carson Palmer and their offense, 49ers should be favored
  • St. Louis - Tough place to play, lost the game last year due to Akers, should be toss up
  • Seattle - Really tough place to play, Seahawks should be favored
  • New Orleans - Defense is fairly suspect, Kaep won his second start in NO last year, should be favored again
  • Tampa Bay - Defense is mediocre, should be favored
  • Jacksonville - Team in general is bad, should be favored
  • Tennessee - Team in general is bad, should be favored
  • Washington - Tough place to play, defense will improve with Orakpo and others returning from injury, Redskins should be favored

Comments: 49ers are a better road team in general and have a much easier road schedule than the Seahawks, with only 2 games that the Niners wont be favored (SEA and WAS). NO, Tampa, and St. Louis should be toss ups. 5-3 or 6-2 estimate.

Final Record Estimate: 12-4 (6-2 at home, 6-2 away)
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Here's a list of the defenses that both Wilson and Kaepernick will face...

Seattle

Home
  • San Francisco - Good pass rush and run defense, suspect pass coverage, should be favored
  • New Orleans - Poor defense all around, should be favored
  • Tampa Bay - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Jacksonville - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Tennessee - Poor defense all around, should be easy win
  • Minnesota - Good pass rush, but mediocre everywhere else, should be favored

Comments: Seattle should be favored in each of their home games and with the exception of the 49ers game, it would be a surprise if they lost a home game. They should be favored in the 49ers game as well. All out-of-division games are not too difficult. 7-1 or 8-0 likely.

Away
  • Arizona - Tough place to play with their attacking defense, a lot depends on Carson Palmer and their offense, Seahawks should be favored
  • San Francisco - Tough place to play, excellent pass rush and run defense at home, 49ers should be favored
  • St. Louis - Tough place to play, very good defense all around, Rams should be favored
  • Atlanta - Tough place to play, their defense will probably be slightly improved, Falcons should be favored
  • Carolina - Mediocre pass rush, good run defense, Seahawks should be favored
  • Houston - Tough place to play, excellent pass rush and run defense at home, Texans should be favored
  • Indianapolis - Up and coming defense, Interesting Luck v. Wilson game, Toss up
  • N.Y. Giants - Excellent pass rush at home, Giants should be favored

Comments: Seattle will probably go 3-5 to 5-3 on the road this year. Lot's of tough away opponents. 49ers, Rams, Falcons, Texans, Colts, and Giants will all be favorites.

Final Record Estimate: 11-5 (7-1 at home, 4-4 away)

San Francisco

Home
  • Seattle - Great coverage, ok run defense and pass rush, should be favored
  • Atlanta - Mediocre defense, and this time the game's at home - should be favored
  • Carolina - Mediocre pass rush, good run defense, should be favored
  • Houston - Good pass rush and run defense away, but 49ers should be favored
  • Indianapolis - Up and coming defense, didn't travel well though, 49ers should be favored
  • Green Bay - Good pass rush, suspect run defense, 49ers beat them 2x last year, should be favored

Comments: 49ers should be favored in each game. If last year was any indication, they will let one or two slip with non-characteristic poor play. 6-2 or 7-1 estimated (if there aren't any ties ).

Away
  • Arizona - Tough place to play with their attacking defense, a lot depends on Carson Palmer and their offense, 49ers should be favored
  • St. Louis - Tough place to play, lost the game last year due to Akers, should be toss up
  • Seattle - Really tough place to play, Seahawks should be favored
  • New Orleans - Defense is fairly suspect, Kaep won his second start in NO last year, should be favored again
  • Tampa Bay - Defense is mediocre, should be favored
  • Jacksonville - Team in general is bad, should be favored
  • Tennessee - Team in general is bad, should be favored
  • Washington - Tough place to play, defense will improve with Orakpo and others returning from injury, Redskins should be favored

Comments: 49ers are a better road team in general and have a much easier road schedule than the Seahawks, with only 2 games that the Niners wont be favored (SEA and WAS). NO, Tampa, and St. Louis should be toss ups. 5-3 or 6-2 estimate.

Final Record Estimate: 12-4 (6-2 at home, 6-2 away)

Pretty fair analysis if both teams play like they did last year on the whole. Thing is I doubt it will be business as usual for both teams. I think the Seahawks will have learned what thier true strength is and let Wilson be Wilson from the start of every game. HE and his WILLPOWER is what won most of the big games in the second half of the Season. Carroll certainly didn't "script" those big comebacks. taht was ALL WILSON.
Seahawks lose one in SF.

The same is probably true of Kaepernick as Wilson in that he will be used more effectively. If CK brings his A+ game in every start he will lose only one game this season..in Seattle.

Seahawks 15-1
San Francisco 15-1

A tie for the NFC West and NFL playoff hiome field advantage. Atlanta's best possible 14-2 will ensure that THEY travel this time.
Pretty fair analysis if both teams play like they did last year on the whole. Thing is I doubt it will be business as usual for both teams. I think the Seahawks will have learned what thier true strength is and let Wilson be Wilson from the start of every game. HE and his WILLPOWER is what won most of the big games in the second half of the Season. Carroll certainly didn't "script" those big comebacks. taht was ALL WILSON.
Seahawks lose one in SF.

The same is probably true of Kaepernick as Wilson in that he will be used more effectively. If CK brings his A+ game in every start he will lose only one game this season..in Seattle.

Seahawks 15-1
San Francisco 15-1

A tie for the NFC West and NFL playoff hiome field advantage. Atlanta's best possible 14-2 will ensure that THEY travel this time.

2 15-1 teams in one division would be one of the craziest stories ever in the NFL. I mean, there have only been a handful of 15-1 teams period. I agree that both guys should improve, but like you said at the beginning, "if everything stays the same'... there will be new up-and-comers and some teams that fall away.

I think Tampa might be a really tough game for both of us. Really, the major part of schedule difference is you have to go to IND, HOU, and ATL and we have those games at home. That's a big advantage for us.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Yes indeedy. One of the most exciting things about this upcoming season in the NFCW will be seeing how these 2 young and talented QBs handle their equally young and talented teams, given a full playbook from start to finish, in terms of leadership and success on and off the field.

Seems, in different ways, they are BOTH something we've never seen before.

Not to diminish Wilson in any way because the player he reminds me of is in the Hall, but I HAVE seen him before - Fran Tarkenton. Most people around here are way too young to have ever seen him play, but he was a sensational and very exciting QB to watch. He used to drive me crazy just like Wilson did at times last year with those 16-second scrambles against the Niners. Watching your team continually miss tackles and let the guy run around in circles while the secondary is desperately trying to stay on top of the receivers is like fingernails on a blackboard.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
2 15-1 teams in one division would be one of the craziest stories ever in the NFL. I mean, there have only been a handful of 15-1 teams period. I agree that both guys should improve, but like you said at the beginning, "if everything stays the same'... there will be new up-and-comers and some teams that fall away.

I think Tampa might be a really tough game for both of us. Really, the major part of schedule difference is you have to go to IND, HOU, and ATL and we have those games at home. That's a big advantage for us.

In 89, the Niners were 14-2 and the Rams were 11-5. The Saints were 9-7 that year so the NFC West was a pretty strong division.

He thought he was getting another gift from the football gods,stop splitting hairs, all that everybody will remember is that they lost, and damn it felt good!!
Speaking of selfless acts, I seem to recall a very tall Niner QB sprinting down the field on his way to another rushing TD last season and then sliding on the 5 yard line to run out the clock instead of taking the touchdown.
Speaking of selfless acts, I seem to recall a very tall Niner QB sprinting down the field on his way to another rushing TD last season and then sliding on the 5 yard line to run out the clock instead of taking the touchdown.

Hmmmmm .... would that have been in the Jets game??
Originally posted by hawker84:
really? how's saying Kap is not better than RW, how is that saying RW is better.. ? think you're reading what you want to read into that...

wat

Okay, lets do this. If Kaepernick is not better than Wilson, then he is either:

1. Exactly equivalent
2. Worse

(according to you)
49ers go 16-0 this year.

Seahawks 8-8.
[ Edited by xtm059 on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM ]