There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by hawker84:
well safe to say this thread has run it's course..

Haha..you're probably right. It will be impossible to come to a consensus until at least 2 or 3 more years.

We beat a lot of dead horses around here.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
jurys out on RW until the Hawks start winning some big road games.

Kaep's already beaten Brady, Brees & Ryan in their own back yards.

Kaep took his team to the Super Bowl.
Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.
Beeker wins thread
Originally posted by hawker84:
Beeker wins thread

Well, if winning is the overall, end-all, be-all of who is better and is the deciding factor, then ....

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.
[ Edited by Beeker on Apr 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by Beeker:
Well, if winning is the overall, end-all, be-all of who is better and is the deciding factor, then ....

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.

Not so fast Bleaker. How about more like ..Kaepernick helped finish off the season for a pretty good team that already had the NFC West pretty much in the bag because of a certain Alex Smith and Frank Gore. Wilson took a few games to get his legs under him with a limited playbook and about the same time Kaepernick was installed ..Wilson came of age and smoked the rest of the football world in the QB position.
Originally posted by HUGGY:

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.

Not so fast Bleaker. How about more like ..Kaepernick helped finish off the season for a pretty good team that already had the NFC West pretty much in the bag because of a certain Alex Smith and Frank Gore. Wilson took a few games to get his legs under him with a limited playbook and about the same time Kaepernick was installed ..Wilson came of age and smoked the rest of the football world in the QB position.

The point still stands.

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.
The point still stands.

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.

If seahawks fans dont want to go by stats and dont want to go by QBR's and clinch on to this limited playbook bs, this truly is the fact of the matter.
  • HUGGY
The point still stands.

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.

There was no comparison. If the first FG at the end of the game in Atlanta had counted and not just a gift practice miss by the refs and Carrolls stupid TO we would have REALLY got a valid comparison if the Hawks came to SF for the NFC title game.

See, this is what kills me about the way Seahawks fans want to compare the two. Give Wilson 8 games to "get his legs under him" then throw Kaepernick in cold and compare the two. B.S.! Again, the only real comparison is Wilson's first 10 games to Kaepernick's first 10 games. But, it's okay, because next year they both start at the same time fresh. And we'll see who does the smoking. I predict that Kaepernick literally burns up the NFL and Wilson falls a little back into the pack.
The point still stands.

Wilson didn't.

End of comparison.

There was no comparison. If the first FG at the end of the game in Atlanta had counted and not just a gift practice miss by the refs and Carrolls stupid TO we would have REALLY got a valid comparison if the Hawks came to SF for the NFC title game.

Yes, the comparison is that Kaep took his team to the Super Bowl, and Wilson didn't .

Don't try to play the "IF" game.
[ Edited by Beeker on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:

See, this is what kills me about the way Seahawks fans want to compare the two. Give Wilson 8 games to "get his legs under him" then throw Kaepernick in cold and compare the two. B.S.! Again, the only real comparison is Wilson's first 10 games to Kaepernick's first 10 games. But, it's okay, because next year they both start at the same time fresh. And we'll see who does the smoking. I predict that Kaepernick literally burns up the NFL and Wilson falls a little back into the pack.

Don't forget the other part of that argument, G -

But ... but .... Kaep had a year to sit on the sideline and learn the playbook!!!
Kaep will dominate long after Gore is done, Wilson will not thrive without a RB of Lynch's caliber. Lynch makes that team go, he is the physicality and toughness that offense needs to sustain drives. Kaep is just as RG3 is, a dynamic playmaker. Wilson is the next best thing
If RW was on the Niners I could honestly say that I would rather have Kap if given the option. Only player in NCAA history to throw for 10k and run for 4k, has shown he has a laser rocket arm and can throw a touch pass and can run like the flash. I think a THANK YOU HARBAALKE is in order. My 2 cents
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
If RW was on the Niners I could honestly say that I would rather have Kap if given the option. Only player in NCAA history to throw for 10k and run for 4k, has shown he has a laser rocket arm and can throw a touch pass and can run like the flash. I think a THANK YOU HARBAALKE is in order. My 2 cents

If Harbaugh and Kaep were on the Hawks and we had Carroll and Wilson, I can honestly say that I would trade
Fairest playoff comparison both teams vs the falcons since wilson was aparrently on fire. Lets see how both Kaep and Wilson matched up against the falcons

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
R. Wilson 24/36 385 10.7 2 1 2-17 86.4 109.1
C. Kaepernick 16/21 233 11.1 1 0 1-9 92.6 127.7

Wilson also had 7 carries for 60 yards and one touchdown, Kaep had 2 carries for 21 yards and no scores.

Wilson was at 66% accuracy and Kaep was at 76%