There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
"but he's not better than RW... you can take all the stats and height, weight , 40 speed and all that crap and throw it out the window... take a minute to look at both their highlights.. video doesn't lie... so why would we feel short-ended.. "

So are you saying they are equal?

yes, at this point i don't see how you can put one above the other... i think next season will give us some indication of who's the better QB.. still might be too early even then,
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
You still at this hawker84? Damn, I think I commented 25 pages ago.

BTW -" i never said RW is better... i said Kap is damn good, but he's not better than RW"

Need to rework your math buddy, that statement contradicts itself.

Give it a rest, both QB's are two of the hottest young stars in the league. Both have great supporting casts and both with hoist Lombardi's at some point. Cant expect to get love from 9ers fans saying RW is better.
really? how's saying Kap is not better than RW, how is that saying RW is better.. ? think you're reading what you want to read into that...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM ]
I'll go ahead and say it without reservation. Kaepernick is better and has more upside.

He's faster, he has a stronger arm and he's 6'5" tall. Nobody, including Wilson, works harder and nobody, including Wilson, has more dedication to getting better. If I had a choice between the two, I'd take Kapernick every time without question.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
"but he's not better than RW... you can take all the stats and height, weight , 40 speed and all that crap and throw it out the window... take a minute to look at both their highlights.. video doesn't lie... so why would we feel short-ended.. "

So are you saying they are equal?

yes, at this point i don't see how you can put one above the other... i think next season will give us some indication of who's the better QB.. still might be too early even then,

Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'll go ahead and say it without reservation. Kaepernick is better and has more upside.

He's faster, he has a stronger arm and he's 6'5" tall. Nobody, including Wilson, works harder and nobody, including Wilson, has more dedication to getting better. If I had a choice between the two, I'd take Kapernick every time without question.

I just spit soda on my moniter at work....FLASHERNIK
really? how's saying Kap is not better than RW, how is that saying RW is better.. ? think you're reading what you want to read into that...

OK OK, so you're saying they're even then, the way you worded it cracked me up though. "Im not saying Coke is better than Pepsi, Im just saying Pepsi isn't better than Coke"!

Listen, you're on a 9ers forum asking about its biggest rival, what the hell did you think people would reply with??? I think the better question to ask is if you were starting a NFL team, based on what we saw in 2012 and based on how you would project the future of these players, how would your rank the following 1st year starters....

Luck
RGII
Wilson
Kaep

Taking everything into consideration, I would go....

Luck
Kaep
RGIII
Wilson

I think Luck is the best of the bunch and has it ALL. Kaep has the most upside due to his unique physical set and mentality. RGIII has an amazing skill set, physically and mentally, probably a hair better than Kaeps, but his size to endure over the long haul is a serious question. Wilson lacks the total package of Luck and unique physical skill sets of RGIII and Kaep, but is built well, has high end football IQ and ice water in his veins. Kaep and Wilson benefited from a MUCH better supporting cast than both Indy and Wash. They both took their teams to the playoffs while our boys inherited playoff teams. If you swapped Luck for Wilson and Kaep for RGIII, I have my doubts that Indy and Washington would have made the postseason in 2012. I think Luck and RGIII are special talents, and would rank them 1 & 2, but RGIII is built like a WR so I would give Kaep the ever so slight nudge ahead of him.
  • HUGGY
so we're in agreement, other than the RW didn't play well enough to win in ATL part..

Wilson was getting lame game plans all season. Every "great" win was Wilson coming from behind putting the team on his back and pulling the team through by shear will power to amazing comebacks in the second half. Our losses including ALL of the road losses were squarely on Carroll not Wilson. I hope to Christ that the OC and Carroll just get the EFF out of the way and let Wilson do his magic from the first kickoff. All they need to tell him is.."OK Russell...we are THREE TDs down...Go To Work!"

LOL
Originally posted by HUGGY:
so we're in agreement, other than the RW didn't play well enough to win in ATL part..

Wilson was getting lame game plans all season. Every "great" win was Wilson coming from behind putting the team on his back and pulling the team through by shear will power to amazing comebacks in the second half. Our losses including ALL of the road losses were squarely on Carroll not Wilson. I hope to Christ that the OC and Carroll just get the EFF out of the way and let Wilson do his magic from the first kickoff. All they need to tell him is.."OK Russell...we are THREE TDs down...Go To Work!"

LOL

Russcuses or Wilscuses? If Alexcuses didn't work around here, those won't either.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
OK OK, so you're saying they're even then, the way you worded it cracked me up though. "Im not saying Coke is better than Pepsi, Im just saying Pepsi isn't better than Coke"!

Listen, you're on a 9ers forum asking about its biggest rival, what the hell did you think people would reply with??? I think the better question to ask is if you were starting a NFL team, based on what we saw in 2012 and based on how you would project the future of these players, how would your rank the following 1st year starters....

Luck
RGII
Wilson
Kaep

Taking everything into consideration, I would go....

Luck
Kaep
RGIII
Wilson

I think Luck is the best of the bunch and has it ALL. Kaep has the most upside due to his unique physical set and mentality. RGIII has an amazing skill set, physically and mentally, probably a hair better than Kaeps, but his size to endure over the long haul is a serious question. Wilson lacks the total package of Luck and unique physical skill sets of RGIII and Kaep, but is built well, has high end football IQ and ice water in his veins. Kaep and Wilson benefited from a MUCH better supporting cast than both Indy and Wash. They both took their teams to the playoffs while our boys inherited playoff teams. If you swapped Luck for Wilson and Kaep for RGIII, I have my doubts that Indy and Washington would have made the postseason in 2012. I think Luck and RGIII are special talents, and would rank them 1 & 2, but RGIII is built like a WR so I would give Kaep the ever so slight nudge ahead of him.

safe to say we're in complete disagreement... plus that's not how i worded it at all.. i've stated several times how good i think Kap is on here.. but at this point i don't think he's any better than Wilson or RGIII for that matter.. is that worded better for you.?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Apr 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:

what a shocker!!!! that is a cool picture though...
Greg Cosell, ESPN: "Colin Kaepernick may have been the best athlete in the entire 2011 draft."

George Whitfield Jr. (private QB guru/coach to Cam Newton and Andrew Luck): "Colin Kaepernick is a better athlete than Cam Newton. He's in better shape, he's faster and he has a stronger arm."

Hawks fans, I'm not saying Kaepernick has more upside because I'm a Niner homer. I'm saying it because it's true.
well because you and Greg Cosell said it , then it must be true... and still all that means nothing, you still have to go out and play and win games as a team.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Apr 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM ]
Kaep is the more impressive athlete. His combination of size, arm strength, accuracy, and speed, is unmatched. He accomplished more in less starts. He outplayed more elite QB's head-to-head than Wilson did. Kaep had far more impressive road wins. He won more in the playoffs. What exactly are we debating here?
well safe to say this thread has run it's course..
well safe to say this thread has run it's course..

Haha..you're probably right. It will be impossible to come to a consensus until at least 2 or 3 more years.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home