There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by babarvaart:
jurys out on RW until the Hawks start winning some big road games.

Kaep's already beaten Brady, Brees & Ryan in their own back yards.

OK.. good solid debate points...not really... fact of the matter is RW played well enough and actually put us in the lead in some of those road losses to give us the win.. our defense lost those games.. we can also contribute our loss to you guys to the 7 dropped passes by our recievers and running back which were on the money. do you know that out of the 7 interceptions he had in the first half, only two were his fault.. the other 4 were deflected passes that hit our reciever in the hands, and one was due to our TE slipped and fell down on the play.. but hey , why bother using those pesky facts in your debate...it's all on Russell..
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Short end of the stick? The context of the last few pages?

ah, had to go back and read the few pages, you guys are doing the whole pardon the pun bit. i get it now.. my bad
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
jurys out on RW until the Hawks start winning some big road games.

Kaep's already beaten Brady, Brees & Ryan in their own back yards.

OK.. good solid debate points...not really... fact of the matter is RW played well enough and actually put us in the lead in some of those road losses to give us the win.. our defense lost those games.. we can also contribute our loss to you guys to the 7 dropped passes by our recievers and running back which were on the money. do you know that out of the 7 interceptions he had in the first half, only two were his fault.. the other 4 were deflected passes that hit our reciever in the hands, and one was due to our TE slipped and fell down on the play.. but hey , why bother using those pesky facts in your debate...it's all on Russell..

We had a whole thread dedicated to excuses for Alex Smith, the "alexcuses". The fact of the matter is the Seahawks weren't a great away team, which was the reason they didn't win the NFC. I think everyone here will agree that that they have the best home field advantage, but until you can routinely win away games, you wont be able to host playoff games to take advantage of the home field advantage.

Speaking specifically about RW, yes, he didn play well enough to win the game in ATL, but that really doesn't matter. You either win or you lose. Kaep played well enough to win both Rams games, and if Akers wasn't awful last year, we would have won both. But we didn't. And Kaep lost those games, as did RW lose at ATL.

Another point, regarding the difference between the 42-13 and 13-6 games, a football game is very situational. Some games are grind-it-out, just make enough field goals in the end. Some games are barn burners, and some games go horribly wrong from the start. In 1997, we were 11-1 going to Arrowhead, which was a difficult place to play and got beat really bad (44-9). And that was with Young, Rice, Bryant Young, Dana Stubblefield, Tim McDonald, Garrison Hearst, Rod Woodson, and others.

My point is, some games the score is not indicative of the level of play from one/both team(s). You need a full season to get perspective. You were 11-5 we were 11-4-1, both very similar and both really good. You won at your house we won at our house. Really, the whole season can be summarized with our ATL games... We were both down big early, and both battled back to take the lead late, but our defense held and yours did not.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM ]
Ruscuses? Wilscuses?
Originally posted by hawker84:
are we talking highlights or stats... who cares if it's the first 10 games or not.. a highlight is a highlight... ? i didn't say look at their high and low lights...

You stated that tape doesn't lie and that RW is clearly better based on highlight reels..In Kap's limited playing time he has beaten some of the better teams on the road, broke an all time single game record in the playoffs and led the Niners to the superbowl...nuff said. RW is good but for you to say he is clearly better based on highlight tapes smells a little like Hawkerism to me...
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by babarvaart:
jurys out on RW until the Hawks start winning some big road games.

Kaep's already beaten Brady, Brees & Ryan in their own back yards.

I agree 100%. How the Seahawks play in Houston, NY, and Atlanta this year will define our season. I hope we sweep SF but that isn't realistic. A split with the 9ers is probably the best we will do with your team.
I love the fact that we have power house teams in the NFC west!

The fact that this thread is even relevant is AMAZING!!!!!
Originally posted by HUGGY:
I agree 100%. How the Seahawks play in Houston, NY, and Atlanta this year will define our season. I hope we sweep SF but that isn't realistic. A split with the 9ers is probably the best we will do with your team.

Yes you guys do have a tough road schedule this year imo tougher then ours, it will somewhat define your season but i think what will define your strength in the division will be the yearly road game against us. As the same for us imo NO and Seattle are the tough two on our road schedule for us. But to me winning in Seattle will define us as the NFC west powerhouse.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
You stated that tape doesn't lie and that RW is clearly better based on highlight reels..In Kap's limited playing time he has beaten some of the better teams on the road, broke an all time single game record in the playoffs and led the Niners to the superbowl...nuff said. RW is good but for you to say he is clearly better based on highlight tapes smells a little like Hawkerism to me...
first off read my post before you reply..... i never said RW is better... i said Kap is damn good, but he's not better than RW.... and i went on to say look at both their highlights of last season...they both have special qualities.. is it my hawkerism or your homerism?
[ Edited by hawker84 on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
We had a whole thread dedicated to excuses for Alex Smith, the "alexcuses". The fact of the matter is the Seahawks weren't a great away team, which was the reason they didn't win the NFC. I think everyone here will agree that that they have the best home field advantage, but until you can routinely win away games, you wont be able to host playoff games to take advantage of the home field advantage.

Speaking specifically about RW, yes, he didn play well enough to win the game in ATL, but that really doesn't matter. You either win or you lose. Kaep played well enough to win both Rams games, and if Akers wasn't awful last year, we would have won both. But we didn't. And Kaep lost those games, as did RW lose at ATL.

Another point, regarding the difference between the 42-13 and 13-6 games, a football game is very situational. Some games are grind-it-out, just make enough field goals in the end. Some games are barn burners, and some games go horribly wrong from the start. In 1997, we were 11-1 going to Arrowhead, which was a difficult place to play and got beat really bad (44-9). And that was with Young, Rice, Bryant Young, Dana Stubblefield, Tim McDonald, Garrison Hearst, Rod Woodson, and others.

My point is, some games the score is not indicative of the level of play from one/both team(s). You need a full season to get perspective. You were 11-5 we were 11-4-1, both very similar and both really good. You won at your house we won at our house. Really, the whole season can be summarized with our ATL games... We were both down big early, and both battled back to take the lead late, but our defense held and yours did not.

so we're in agreement, other than the RW didn't play well enough to win in ATL part..
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
You stated that tape doesn't lie and that RW is clearly better based on highlight reels..In Kap's limited playing time he has beaten some of the better teams on the road, broke an all time single game record in the playoffs and led the Niners to the superbowl...nuff said. RW is good but for you to say he is clearly better based on highlight tapes smells a little like Hawkerism to me...
first off read my post before you reply..... i never said RW is better... i said Kap is damn good, but he's not better than RW.... and i went on to say look at both their highlights of last season...they both have special qualities.. is it my hawkerism or your homerism?

"but he's not better than RW... you can take all the stats and height, weight , 40 speed and all that crap and throw it out the window... take a minute to look at both their highlights.. video doesn't lie... so why would we feel short-ended.. "

So are you saying they are equal?
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
You stated that tape doesn't lie and that RW is clearly better based on highlight reels..In Kap's limited playing time he has beaten some of the better teams on the road, broke an all time single game record in the playoffs and led the Niners to the superbowl...nuff said. RW is good but for you to say he is clearly better based on highlight tapes smells a little like Hawkerism to me...
first off read my post before you reply..... i never said RW is better... i said Kap is damn good, but he's not better than RW.... and i went on to say look at both their highlights of last season...they both have special qualities.. is it my hawkerism or your homerism?

You still at this hawker84? Damn, I think I commented 25 pages ago.

BTW -" i never said RW is better... i said Kap is damn good, but he's not better than RW"

Need to rework your math buddy, that statement contradicts itself.

Give it a rest, both QB's are two of the hottest young stars in the league. Both have great supporting casts and both with hoist Lombardi's at some point. Cant expect to get love from 9ers fans saying RW is better.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
We had a whole thread dedicated to excuses for Alex Smith, the "alexcuses". The fact of the matter is the Seahawks weren't a great away team, which was the reason they didn't win the NFC. I think everyone here will agree that that they have the best home field advantage, but until you can routinely win away games, you wont be able to host playoff games to take advantage of the home field advantage.

Speaking specifically about RW, yes, he didn play well enough to win the game in ATL, but that really doesn't matter. You either win or you lose. Kaep played well enough to win both Rams games, and if Akers wasn't awful last year, we would have won both. But we didn't. And Kaep lost those games, as did RW lose at ATL.

Another point, regarding the difference between the 42-13 and 13-6 games, a football game is very situational. Some games are grind-it-out, just make enough field goals in the end. Some games are barn burners, and some games go horribly wrong from the start. In 1997, we were 11-1 going to Arrowhead, which was a difficult place to play and got beat really bad (44-9). And that was with Young, Rice, Bryant Young, Dana Stubblefield, Tim McDonald, Garrison Hearst, Rod Woodson, and others.

My point is, some games the score is not indicative of the level of play from one/both team(s). You need a full season to get perspective. You were 11-5 we were 11-4-1, both very similar and both really good. You won at your house we won at our house. Really, the whole season can be summarized with our ATL games... We were both down big early, and both battled back to take the lead late, but our defense held and yours did not.

so we're in agreement, other than the RW didn't play well enough to win in ATL part..

hawker84, that was a typo, it should have read...

Speaking specifically about RW, yes, he did play well enough to win the game in ATL, but that really doesn't matter.

f**k the Seahawks. They haven't ever won s**t. Never will. Niners have 5 Superbowl trophies and have won the division the last two years.

Gtfoh
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
It's nice to have my posts come out normal now, thought I was getting dyslexia yesterday! lol
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]