There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

• HUGGY
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Great.. Just what we needed, a flipping Wilson highlight reel. I thought it was supposed to be funny. Instead, I just realized that is a hell of a lot of highlights for one season. Dang that kid throws a pretty ball. Almost as good as Kaep's, :)

OK...I apologise! After all the short jokes I couldn't hep mysef! LOL This is after all a Kaepernick..AND....Wilson thread.. I'm looking forward to this season with more anticipation than any in my many years of Wash Husky and Seattle Seahawk football. It's like a perfect storm...The gods of football have decided to shine down on the NFC West... Like a "Rocky" movie... The stage is being set for some of the best football either team's fans may ever see again in thier lifetimes. It's always just been one powerhouse team and dynasty after the other with all the other teams sucking hind tit. Seattle has been ignored and even underrated and underestimated by the Eastern/Leastern Coast media.. Now with the strength of two titans in our division all attention will be focused on these two teams with seemingly unstoppable exciting QBs.

This coming season will be legend.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Great.. Just what we needed, a flipping Wilson highlight reel. I thought it was supposed to be funny. Instead, I just realized that is a hell of a lot of highlights for one season. Dang that kid throws a pretty ball. Almost as good as Kaep's, :)

OK...I apologise! After all the short jokes I couldn't hep mysef! LOL This is after all a Kaepernick..AND....Wilson thread.. I'm looking forward to this season with more anticipation than any in my many years of Wash Husky and Seattle Seahawk football. It's like a perfect storm...The gods of football have decided to shine down on the NFC West... Like a "Rocky" movie... The stage is being set for some of the best football either team's fans may ever see again in thier lifetimes. It's always just been one powerhouse team and dynasty after the other with all the other teams sucking hind tit. Seattle has been ignored and even underrated and underestimated by the Eastern/Leastern Coast media.. Now with the strength of two titans in our division all attention will be focused on these two teams with seemingly unstoppable exciting QBs.

Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Serious Question ....

Who has a better chance at making the Pro-Bowl? Technically Wilson made it last year, but he was like the 3rd string honorable mention. I mean, top 3 in the NFC. The competition in the NFC is tough!

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Ryan
RGIII
Kaep
Wilson
Newton
Freeman
Culter
Romo
Stafford

Rodgers and Brees are perennial Pro-Bowlers and it would be hard to imagine them not making it (as the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest anyway). So with that last spot, which guy has a better chance due to schedule, offensive playmakers, offensive philosophy, and so on...?

Interesting you bring up this "sub" topic between CK and RW. Why do you suppose Wilson was chosen as the last QB for the Pro Bowl and Kaepernic was snubbed? Clearly he was the superior QB right?

I wasn't insinuating anything. I was legitimately asking which QB has a better chance of making the Pro-Bowl THIS year. And no, Kaepernick had a good second half of the season, but there were other guys like...

Rodgers, Brees, RGIII, Ryan, Wilson, and Freeman all had better full seasons than Kaep. But I digress, this question is who will be the top 3 QBs from the NFC, and will either Kaep/Wilson crack the top 3?

As a matter of fact this is not a Kaepernick AND Wilson thread, its a Kaep VS Wilson thread. To be short and to the point if you were expecting no jokes about Wilsons size your fooling yourself, just like if this were a seahawks forum were gunna tease the opposing qbs issues.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

As a matter of fact this is not a Kaepernick AND Wilson thread, its a Kaep VS Wilson thread. To be short and to the point if you were expecting no jokes about Wilsons size your fooling yourself, just like if this were a seahawks forum were gunna tease the opposing qbs issues.

Seahawks forums well known for their sense of humor. And relaxed attitudes.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

I wasn't expecting anything. I'm not here to direct the flow of your threads. I reject the claim that I am a "troll". My post may not be what you expected but believe it or not I put some thought into them. It just happened that there was a video addressing the "short" talk. Convenient. That's all. The only height references I've seen have been here where it seems endlessly amusing. I was only on the Dot Net board for 5-6 weeks so I can't speak with 100% assurance but I can't remember any "short" threads or jokes. After watching Wilson play remakably it just doesn't seem to be a concern. I'm not miffed that you guys think it is funny and/or a liability for the team but by the near end of the season I never saw anyone bring Wilson's height up as some kind of negative in an article or player's comment. I dunno??? Maybe when he played you guys in Seattle he might have been wearing "lifts"...LOL
I'm not completely 100% sold on Russell Wilson but he definitely has the potential to be a great QB. He kind of reminds me of a young Donovan McNabb that uncanny ability to make people miss and buy extra time to make a play. Seattle did a great job of masking his weaknesses and designing plays which tailored towards his strengths. It also didn't hurt to have Marshawn Lynch and that Seattle run game working in his favor.

Kaepernick on the other hand is hard to categorize. I can't think of any QB with his size that was that fast and could shoot lasers all over the field with that rifle of an arm. Like someone on here mentioned, he's like a player you create on Madden that's good at everything. I think Wilson showed slightly better decision making skills and had that sense of calmness that you look for in QB but you have to remember that Kaep was thrown in there midseason and is only getting better.

I have a bad feeling Wilson will be a pretty darn good QB with a few Pro Bowls to boot, but Kaepernick has the potential to be a whole new breed of QB. Slight edge -- Kaepernick.
My biggest concern is DE's crashing into Kaep on every play trying to hurt him and
To take away the pistol o. During the superbowl, I know it was said over and over that
Ravens were doing this.
Any thoughts how to prevent/overcome this?
Originally posted by NinerTNT:
I'm not completely 100% sold on Russell Wilson but he definitely has the potential to be a great QB. He kind of reminds me of a young Donovan McNabb that uncanny ability to make people miss and buy extra time to make a play. Seattle did a great job of masking his weaknesses and designing plays which tailored towards his strengths. It also didn't hurt to have Marshawn Lynch and that Seattle run game working in his favor.

Kaepernick on the other hand is hard to categorize. I can't think of any QB with his size that was that fast and could shoot lasers all over the field with that rifle of an arm. Like someone on here mentioned, he's like a player you create on Madden that's good at everything. I think Wilson showed slightly better decision making skills and had that sense of calmness that you look for in QB but you have to remember that Kaep was thrown in there midseason and is only getting better.

I have a bad feeling Wilson will be a pretty darn good QB with a few Pro Bowls to boot, but Kaepernick has the potential to be a whole new breed of QB. Slight edge -- Kaepernick.

Inclined to agree with what you've said. RW was very impressive for a rookie QB who does not have "prototype" physical attributes for the NFL. What surprised me most was his level of awareness, keeping his eyes downfield and anticipating where his teamates were going, buying time, then getting the ball there. Enough running to keep Defenses honest.

Going to be an interesting comparison for the next several years. If I were a Hawk fan, I would be concerned with a teamwide implosion (triggered by Harvin).

Niners will have to play every game hard and have no significant injuries in order to win the Division if the Hawks play as well as they did last year.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
My biggest concern is DE's crashing into Kaep on every play trying to hurt him and
To take away the pistol o. During the superbowl, I know it was said over and over that
Ravens were doing this.
Any thoughts how to prevent/overcome this?
Well, for one thing, the idea that Kaepernick is a running quarterback doesn't really hold up to the numbers. Of the four QB's thought to be the most running, Newton, RGIII, Wilson and Kaepernick, Kaepernick ran on the lowest percentage of plays. Here are the percentage of running plays out of the total: Newton - 14.9% RGIII - 13% Wilson - 5.6% Kaepernick - 4.7%.

The only reason Kaepernick has the national reputation as a running QB is that Packers playoff game where they completely disregarded the outside and just pretty much gave it to him - so he took it and broke a record. But, the vast majority of the time he either hands it off or stays in the pocket and throws.

The other thing is that Kaepernick takes a lot less hits than many other QB's partly because of his talent and partly because the Niners have such a good O-line. According to "Advanced NFL Stats," Andrew Luck, for example, was hit 114 times. Russell Wilson was hit 70 times. And Kapernick was hit less than 30 times (you'd have to pro-rate this out to a full season of about 60 hits for him, a little more than half the amount Luck gets hit.)
Russell Wilson knows how to play the game. He is very accurate, he throws a very catchable ball and he is the most spectacular scrambler I've seen in a very long time. Every defensive line and linebacker corp in the league is going to be studying Wilson's moves. Every player has tendencies. The question will be how quickly Wilson reacts to defensive players understanding his tendencies.

Here's a great example: Kaepernick had this move he did in his first three games. When a defensive player was charging him, he would spin around to the right and run out to the left. For a couple games, defensive players shaded to the side he normally ran to and the move didn't work. Defensive players clearly had been studying film on his tendencies. After a couple games where the move didn't work, I didn't see Kaepernick use the move at all for the rest of the season - Kaepernick obviously figured out that they had adjusted to his move and he changed his game - I found this to be pretty impressive.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Russell Wilson knows how to play the game. He is very accurate, he throws a very catchable ball and he is the most spectacular scrambler I've seen in a very long time. Every defensive line and linebacker corp in the league is going to be studying Wilson's moves. Every player has tendencies. The question will be how quickly Wilson reacts to defensive players understanding his tendencies.

Here's a great example: Kaepernick had this move he did in his first three games. When a defensive player was charging him, he would spin around to the right and run out to the left. For a couple games, defensive players shaded to the side he normally ran to and the move didn't work. Defensive players clearly had been studying film on his tendencies. After a couple games where the move didn't work, I didn't see Kaepernick use the move at all for the rest of the season - Kaepernick obviously figured out that they had adjusted to his move and he changed his game - I found this to be pretty impressive.

Yup hated that big ass roll out.

Glad to have a knowledgebale rival fan aboard. Will be fun.
Originally posted by NinerTNT:

He reminds me of a Drew Brees with running ability. Wilson is no joke. he's like a porsche while Kaep is like a Lambo. Both are awesome
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM ]