There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by Beeker:
I think it's possible I'm being short-sighted about Wilson. He's done a lot in the short-term he's been a starter, but still, it's a small sample size to attempt to deduce any shortcomings in his game. While he is a scrambler, he plays small in the pocket. Because of this, he has little chance of taking a big hit, like Colin can sometimes.

He is a beast, and will continue to be. So is kaepernick, and he will too.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
People around here seem to be making short-term judgments about Russell Wilson while making long-term predictions regarding Colin Kaepernick. I guess that's because we're Niner fans.

^^^^^
Originally posted by Beeker:
I think it's possible I'm being short-sighted about Wilson. He's done a lot in the short-term he's been a starter, but still, it's a small sample size to attempt to deduce any shortcomings in his game. While he is a scrambler, he plays small in the pocket. Because of this, he has little chance of taking a big hit, like Colin can sometimes.

I just peed in my pants
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I just peed in my pants

The last 3 pages of this thread have had me for 2 hours now.....
Are we still comparing the two? Wilson just doesn't seem to measure up.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by 5280High:
Are we still comparing the two? Wilson just doesn't seem to measure up.
Apparantly Wilson agrees.. He wants to be BIGGER.. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rwVy-Wj_g
[ Edited by HUGGY on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM ]
Serious Question ....

Who has a better chance at making the Pro-Bowl? Technically Wilson made it last year, but he was like the 3rd string honorable mention. I mean, top 3 in the NFC. The competition in the NFC is tough!

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Ryan
RGIII
Kaep
Wilson
Newton
Freeman
Culter
Romo
Stafford

Rodgers and Brees are perennial Pro-Bowlers and it would be hard to imagine them not making it (as the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest anyway). So with that last spot, which guy has a better chance due to schedule, offensive playmakers, offensive philosophy, and so on...?
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Serious Question ....

Who has a better chance at making the Pro-Bowl? Technically Wilson made it last year, but he was like the 3rd string honorable mention. I mean, top 3 in the NFC. The competition in the NFC is tough!

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Ryan
RGIII
Kaep
Wilson
Newton
Freeman
Culter
Romo
Stafford

Rodgers and Brees are perennial Pro-Bowlers and it would be hard to imagine them not making it (as the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest anyway). So with that last spot, which guy has a better chance due to schedule, offensive playmakers, offensive philosophy, and so on...?

Interesting you bring up this "sub" topic between CK and RW. Why do you suppose Wilson was chosen as the last QB for the Pro Bowl and Kaepernic was snubbed? Clearly he was the superior QB right?
Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Serious Question ....

Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Ryan
RGIII
Kaep
Wilson
Newton
Freeman
Culter
Romo
Stafford

Interesting you bring up this "sub" topic between CK and RW. Why do you suppose Wilson was chosen as the last QB for the Pro Bowl and Kaepernic was snubbed? Clearly he was the superior QB right?

Because he only got on the field halfway through the season.
Since Kaepernick was only the starter for the last 10 games played, those were his first 10 games. The most legitimate comparison, therefore, would be to compare Wilson's first 10 games to Kaepernick's first 10 games. But Seahawks fans don't want to do that because Kaepernick blows Wilson out the door when you do the comparison that way. And, I would argue that that comparison still favors Wilson because Wilson was running the first team a few weeks before the season started, whereas Kaepernick was just thrown in there cold with one week of preparation.

So since Seahawks fans are unwilling to make the comparison in a fair way, we'll just have to wait until they both start the season off as the team's QB.
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Since Kaepernick was only the starter for the last 10 games played, those were his first 10 games. The most legitimate comparison, therefore, would be to compare Wilson's first 10 games to Kaepernick's first 10 games. But Seahawks fans don't want to do that because Kaepernick blows Wilson out the door when you do the comparison that way. And, I would argue that that comparison still favors Wilson because Wilson was running the first team a few weeks before the season started, whereas Kaepernick was just thrown in there cold with one week of preparation.

So since Seahawks fans are unwilling to make the comparison in a fair way, we'll just have to wait until they both start the season off as the team's QB.

Kaep didn't play in both of his pre-seasons? Or practice in the year and a half plus preceding Smith's injury? I agree without any preparation He played phenom!!!!
Kaep didn't play in both of his pre-seasons? Or practice in the year and a half plus preceding Smith's injury? I agree without any preparation He played phenom!!!!

There is a difference between coming in second in preseason games and running the scout team in practice on the one hand and taking all the starting QB snaps on the other. There is a big difference between starting and being second string. All I'm saying is that Kaepernick's first 10 starts and Wilson's first 10 starts is the only fair way to compare the two last year. If you start comparing the two when Kaepernick begins starting, Wilson has already had 8 games to warm up and get used to starting real NFL games. That's not a fair comparison.
All I know is that right around the time Kaep took the job, Wilson started lighting it up. I'm not going to try to pretty it up by comparing Wilson's first 10 games with Kaep's. CK had a season to observe the game and even came in for spot duty. Wilson went right to work from day one and it didn't take long to see he was the real deal, especially once Carroll let him throw the ball and opened up the playbook. They also both had the luxury of playing on teams with strong running games and exceptional defenses that were ranked near each other for the entire season.

In any case, at the end of the season they both were on a tear, they both win a road playoff game and they both lost their last playoff game. Kaep is a very special player, with a great opportunity in front of him. To think that Wilson has any less of a chance or is more likely to regress would be blindness.

The Seahawk fans that I know, all think Kaep is a great QB. They don't show any signs of thinking Wilson has some sort of advantage over Kaep. The only thing I have heard one of them say is that he wouldn't trade Kaep for Wilson. I have to agree, I wouldn't give up Kaep for Wilson either. ;)
Apparantly Wilson agrees.. He wants to be BIGGER.. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rwVy-Wj_g

Great.. Just what we needed, a flipping Wilson highlight reel. I thought it was supposed to be funny. Instead, I just realized that is a hell of a lot of highlights for one season. Dang that kid throws a pretty ball. Almost as good as Kaep's, :)
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home