There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by hawker84:
no actually what it was , was a friendly jab back.. i was trying to have a intelligent conversation about the two QB's on comparing them, and was stating neither one really outshined the other to this point, and he came with his little superbowl / NFCW crown jab, so i jabbed back.. no harm no foul... and beeker if there is one person on this board i could care less if they take me serious is you... among others .. so please feel free to not respond to my posts...

No! Seriously dude! Wilson should have scoreed on FIVE TDs in the last 18 minutes of the Atlanta game. If he was ALL THAT ....then he should have been up to the task and break all time records in the proccess... I mean... he's... Russell Wilson!! If he REALLY wants to be legend...he better step up to the plate!!! Like Kaepernick did in the SB. Don't feel bad if I don't take you seriously either.. I take no member of Dot Net seriously.

He's right. "Wilson is the best QB in football"

lol
I'm here because I like the fans here. The best Seahawk board could be the Dot Net board but it is too full of butt hurt pu**ys that need validating more than they need independant and honest opinion. I don't kiss anybody's a** so screw em. I got perabanned for get this.. "being too annoying". Not breaking any rules or anything with any members.. just dissagreeing with them occasionally...and backing every claim with proof..AKA links. I had one mod actually PM me telling me that he didn't appreciate me posting proof and facts in the form of links to support whatever point I was attempting to make or point to dissagree with whatever member I was discussing something with. They like to be reassured that they are the greatest fans in the world. Problem is..they are not. To be a great fan one must first be a great person. They are weak and petty.

You guys are knowledgeable and honest. You are confident in your team..rightfully so..and intelligently aware that the Seattle Seahawks are also a very good team and worthy adversary. On the Dot Net board the majority opinion is that your team and you fans are all bogus. I was offended by thier stupid attitude. I was threatened to be banned just about day one when it was clear I had my own opinion That the 9ers were and are a worthy opponent to share. They have a forum called "The Smack Shack" which has a warning.."no thin skins allowed blah blah blah.." That's all they haveis thin skins in there.. What it really is ..is a place to go if you have a psychiatric problem and want to share the most intimate details of your weak life and have these morons try to get you to reveal the worst you have to tell about/on yourself or your family. I made the big mistake of sugesting that this one guy talking about how his father raped him might take it to a non football board and send PM's with information so personal and potentially damaging to his family. The whole Dot Net board went ballistic. How DARE I!!!!???? Ya..I know..on a football message board. In the "Smack Shack" How DARE I????!!!!.
So that's why I am here. You guys rock and unfortunately Seahawks Dot Net sucks. You guys talk about the Hawks better than they do...seriously.

Did I mention that I really like this MB? LOL

Welcome aboard
I'm here because I like the fans here. The best Seahawk board could be the Dot Net board but it is too full of butt hurt pu**ys that need validating more than they need independant and honest opinion. I don't kiss anybody's a** so screw em. I got perabanned for get this.. "being too annoying". Not breaking any rules or anything with any members.. just dissagreeing with them occasionally...and backing every claim with proof..AKA links. I had one mod actually PM me telling me that he didn't appreciate me posting proof and facts in the form of links to support whatever point I was attempting to make or point to dissagree with whatever member I was discussing something with. They like to be reassured that they are the greatest fans in the world. Problem is..they are not. To be a great fan one must first be a great person. They are weak and petty.

You guys are knowledgeable and honest. You are confident in your team..rightfully so..and intelligently aware that the Seattle Seahawks are also a very good team and worthy adversary. On the Dot Net board the majority opinion is that your team and you fans are all bogus. I was offended by thier stupid attitude. I was threatened to be banned just about day one when it was clear I had my own opinion That the 9ers were and are a worthy opponent to share. They have a forum called "The Smack Shack" which has a warning.."no thin skins allowed blah blah blah.." That's all they haveis thin skins in there.. What it really is ..is a place to go if you have a psychiatric problem and want to share the most intimate details of your weak life and have these morons try to get you to reveal the worst you have to tell about/on yourself or your family. I made the big mistake of sugesting that this one guy talking about how his father raped him might take it to a non football board and send PM's with information so personal and potentially damaging to his family. The whole Dot Net board went ballistic. How DARE I!!!!???? Ya..I know..on a football message board. In the "Smack Shack" How DARE I????!!!!.
So that's why I am here. You guys rock and unfortunately Seahawks Dot Net sucks. You guys talk about the Hawks better than they do...seriously.

Welcome aboard

Yeah he is right. They honestly think super bowl is a given in the next few years.. Now its just how many. haha
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Welcome aboard

Yeah he is right. They honestly think super bowl is a given in the next few years.. Now its just how many. haha

Well, there seems to be an overall opinion on .net that thinks 3 in the next 5 years is not out of the question
Well, there seems to be an overall opinion on .net that thinks 3 in the next 5 years is not out of the question

Well, sure, for the Niners. But, how many for the Seahawks?
  • HUGGY

He is right at least halfway. Either the Seahawks or the 9ers will be the NFC player in the next 10 SBs. How many each team plays will depend on a lot of things but only things relevant to Hawks or SF. The only thing I see coming down the pike is tha "Johnnie Football" dude from SMU. He might be a game changer in 3-4 years. If Kaep gets hurt or Wilson gets hurt that would be the only thing to change that. Eli Manning has been figured out. It doesn't matter if teams devise a way to contain Wilson or Kaepernick. Sure they can do it but that leaves people open short and lanes open for RBs. Just the scheme to run such a goal of stopping the QB run is stupid and a distraction. The only defense that makes sense is to contain the QB run to short and punnishing. If it is clear that the defense will punnish Kaep or Wilson as a goal every time they cross the LOS then the read option QB run will be limited. Watch and see how much RobbieThreeGee runs this season.

He is right at least halfway. Either the Seahawks or the 9ers will be the NFC player in the next 10 SBs. How many each team plays will depend on a lot of things but only things relevant to Hawks or SF. The only thing I see coming down the pike is tha "Johnnie Football" dude from SMU. He might be a game changer in 3-4 years. If Kaep gets hurt or Wilson gets hurt that would be the only thing to change that. Eli Manning has been figured out. It doesn't matter if teams devise a way to contain Wilson or Kaepernick. Sure they can do it but that leaves people open short and lanes open for RBs. Just the scheme to run such a goal of stopping the QB run is stupid and a distraction. The only defense that makes sense is to contain the QB run to short and punnishing. If it is clear that the defense will punnish Kaep or Wilson as a goal every time they cross the LOS then the read option QB run will be limited. Watch and see how much RobbieThreeGee runs this season.

Great analysis. The difference between RW, Kaep and RGIII is that Russell and Colin are great pocket passers as well as on the run. RGIII is only slightly below them, but he tends to take off more than the other two.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]

Welcome to the WZ. Even with your hatred for the seattle MB, I wish you luck on here. You are, after all, a seahawk fan.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Welcome to the WZ. Even with your hatred for the seattle MB, I wish you luck on here. You are, after all, a seahawk fan.

haha i'm always weary of people who get kicked off their own message boards.

But this guy seems ok.
This debate is still going on. I thought we all agreed Kaep is the best qb and anyone who doesnt agree is a seahawk fan......
I don't think it would be good for me to sign up on a Seahawk board. I have nothing to say that they want to hear, that is for sure. When I read their boards, I see a lot of the same things I see on our boards, but in total reverse. We think Carroll is a jerk, they think Harbs is a feminine sanitary device. They think Wilson is the best, we think Kaep is or that he will be. We have Gore, they have Lynch. We have a physical defense, they have one. We can run R/O plays, they can too. You get it...

So what I see is two groups, with essentially the same product and that product is good enough to beat most teams in the league. Each group should actually consider the other as their biggest challenge, but instead, each group tries to explain away reasons why they have it better. I read them posting crazy stuff about Harbaugh, thinking they are out of their minds, then I read a Niner fan posting that Carroll is a cheater. They make fun of Kaep's nose, we make fun of Wilson's size. Each group is too stubborn or proud to give the other one an inch. The thing is, I am around Seahawk fans all day, none of them ever talk like the fans on the message boards do. Even when they were just killing us in the dark days, the one I know at work and in person are pretty cool fans.
After the MNF Chicago game, they were really impressed with Kaep. All I heard the week before the game at CLink was that it was going to he a tough one. I was thinking that on Monday that I would find some form of 42-13 all over my desk, but they were pretty mild.

The same cannot be said for the 24 year old Niner fan in the factory. Hired 3 years ago, he has earned the level of harassment he gets. I will leave it at that, but he is at minimum a disappointment.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
This debate is still going on. I thought we all agreed Kaep is the best qb and anyone who doesnt agree is a seahawk fan......

Lol!! Exactly!

I think the thread should have been "Is Wilson in the same league as Kaepernick?
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Lol!! Exactly!

I think the thread should have been "Is Wilson in the same league as Kaepernick?

Well hell, that's a simple answer - almost, but not quite.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...

LOL.

Sorry man...the rationalization of the Green Bay play makes me chuckle. No worries...your a Seattle fan so I understand. If nothing else, that play got the real refs back on the field....in order to screw the Niners in the Super Bowl.

OK...then ya waded into the SB FInal Drive mess....

A couple things....

1) The ball landed in the middle of the white sideline stripe. It LANDED there. That isn't so far out of bounds that a player couldn't have caught it.

2) Crabtree is allowed to initiate contact and the defender is allowed to jam him...WITHIN 5 YARDS. The defender grabbed Crabtrees jersey 2 yards deep in the endzone (or 7 yards beyond the LOS) and prevented him from moving toward the ball. Thats PI. Ball in the air, 7 yards downfield, AND the ball was more catchable than people think.

3) The play was an audible because Kaep saw an inside blitz coming so was trying to get the ball outside. Kaep was hit as he threw the ball. Not sure he could have run because the defender came clean.

4) No, it wasn't a perfect throw...and had it been a bit closer the flag likely would have been thrown...but come on now. That pass by Wilson should have been picked off. In fact, it WAS picked off...the refs just screwed it up.

The Ravens deserved to win the Super Bowl. Ok, now that's out of the way.

The throw was spot on. Like you say, it landed in the middle of the white stripe on the outside of the endzone. Crabtree's hands were only a few feet away from the ball when it was falling to the ground at chest height. If he was not held, he can easily get to that ball.The holding basically didn't allow him to move at all for nearly an entire second.
Also, it doesn't matter where a hold takes place, a hold is not a legal play, regardless if it takes place two yards, seven yards, or sixty yards down field. It is not legal to hold the receiver period.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...

LOL.

Sorry man...the rationalization of the Green Bay play makes me chuckle. No worries...your a Seattle fan so I understand. If nothing else, that play got the real refs back on the field....in order to screw the Niners in the Super Bowl.

OK...then ya waded into the SB FInal Drive mess....

A couple things....

1) The ball landed in the middle of the white sideline stripe. It LANDED there. That isn't so far out of bounds that a player couldn't have caught it.

2) Crabtree is allowed to initiate contact and the defender is allowed to jam him...WITHIN 5 YARDS. The defender grabbed Crabtrees jersey 2 yards deep in the endzone (or 7 yards beyond the LOS) and prevented him from moving toward the ball. Thats PI. Ball in the air, 7 yards downfield, AND the ball was more catchable than people think.

3) The play was an audible because Kaep saw an inside blitz coming so was trying to get the ball outside. Kaep was hit as he threw the ball. Not sure he could have run because the defender came clean.

4) No, it wasn't a perfect throw...and had it been a bit closer the flag likely would have been thrown...but come on now. That pass by Wilson should have been picked off. In fact, it WAS picked off...the refs just screwed it up.

The Ravens deserved to win the Super Bowl. Ok, now that's out of the way.

The throw was spot on. Like you say, it landed in the middle of the white stripe on the outside of the endzone. Crabtree's hands were only a few feet away from the ball when it was falling to the ground at chest height. If he was not held, he can easily get to that ball.The holding basically didn't allow him to move at all for nearly an entire second.
Also, it doesn't matter where a hold takes place, a hold is not a legal play, regardless if it takes place two yards, seven yards, or sixty yards down field. It is not legal to hold the receiver period.

Of course....I was responding to the often used "Crabtree initiated contact" argument. My point was that it doesn't matter who initiated contact.