There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HUGGY:
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...

I hear ya... we can also thank Roman for outsmarting (himself) with the bunk play calling (4 passes in a row)
Originally posted by Beeker:
It's nitpicky silly little comments like this that make it hard to actually take you seriously. You know exactly what he meant, yet you want to by pointing out "well you didn't beat _________". The truth is, the 49ers were in the Super Bowl, the rest of the NFC wasn't. Therefore, "the 49ers beat the NFC" is a general term.

P.S. It doesn't matter that the 49ers beat the Seahags only once. The Falcons also beat the Seahags only once, too.

no actually what it was , was a friendly jab back.. i was trying to have a intelligent conversation about the two QB's on comparing them, and was stating neither one really outshined the other to this point, and he came with his little superbowl / NFC crown jab, so i jabbed back.. no harm no foul... and beeker if there is one person on this board i could care less if they take me serious is you... among others .. so please feel free to not respond to my posts...
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Not too mention that Kaep wasn't our QB during the Vikings, Giants, and Rams games.

Funny that Wilson's last game ended in a defeat against the Falcon's down by 17, while Kaep beat the Falcons down by 17 a week later. But Wilson is the more clutch leader. Clearly.

was that wilsons fault we lost the game? i'd say not.. listen people it was a friendly jab back, meant nothing.. wasn't even being serious. Kap's did just fine last season, relax people..
  • HUGGY
Originally posted by hawker84:
no actually what it was , was a friendly jab back.. i was trying to have a intelligent conversation about the two QB's on comparing them, and was stating neither one really outshined the other to this point, and he came with his little superbowl / NFCW crown jab, so i jabbed back.. no harm no foul... and beeker if there is one person on this board i could care less if they take me serious is you... among others .. so please feel free to not respond to my posts...

No! Seriously dude! Wilson should have scoreed on FIVE TDs in the last 18 minutes of the Atlanta game. If he was ALL THAT ....then he should have been up to the task and break all time records in the proccess... I mean... he's... Russell Wilson!! If he REALLY wants to be legend...he better step up to the plate!!! Like Kaepernick did in the SB. Don't feel bad if I don't take you seriously either.. I take no member of Dot Net seriously.
I see a long, interesting rivalry over the next 7 or 8 years with two powerful teams and two real good quarterbacks. But, as a Niner fan should, I also see a lot of frustrated Seahawk fans knowing that they've got a great team that could have done a lot more if they weren't stuck in the same division as the Niners. Rams fans felt that way in the 80's. There was a period when the Saints used to send their entire linebacking corp to the Pro Bowl every year, but they could never quite get past the Niners. Hopefully, Seahawks fans will get to know that kind of frustration.
no actually what it was , was a friendly jab back.. i was trying to have a intelligent conversation about the two QB's on comparing them, and was stating neither one really outshined the other to this point, and he came with his little superbowl / NFCW crown jab, so i jabbed back.. no harm no foul... and beeker if there is one person on this board i could care less if they take me serious is you... among others .. so please feel free to not respond to my posts...

No! Seriously dude! Wilson should have scoreed on FIVE TDs in the last 18 minutes of the Atlanta game. If he was ALL THAT ....then he should have been up to the task and break all time records in the proccess... I mean... he's... Russell Wilson!! If he REALLY wants to be legend...he better step up to the plate!!! Like Kaepernick did in the SB. Don't feel bad if I don't take you seriously either.. I take no member of Dot Net seriously.

Mini Kaep should of drank his milk so he could be a big boy like KAepernick.
  • Marvin49
  • Info N/A
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...

LOL.

Sorry man...the rationalization of the Green Bay play makes me chuckle. No worries...your a Seattle fan so I understand. If nothing else, that play got the real refs back on the field....in order to screw the Niners in the Super Bowl.

OK...then ya waded into the SB FInal Drive mess....

A couple things....

1) The ball landed in the middle of the white sideline stripe. It LANDED there. That isn't so far out of bounds that a player couldn't have caught it.

2) Crabtree is allowed to initiate contact and the defender is allowed to jam him...WITHIN 5 YARDS. The defender grabbed Crabtrees jersey 2 yards deep in the endzone (or 7 yards beyond the LOS) and prevented him from moving toward the ball. Thats PI. Ball in the air, 7 yards downfield, AND the ball was more catchable than people think.

3) The play was an audible because Kaep saw an inside blitz coming so was trying to get the ball outside. Kaep was hit as he threw the ball. Not sure he could have run because the defender came clean.

4) No, it wasn't a perfect throw...and had it been a bit closer the flag likely would have been thrown...but come on now. That pass by Wilson should have been picked off. In fact, it WAS picked off...the refs just screwed it up.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That gives me an idea. Thanks, Young2Rice!

Since there are so many Seahawks fans here, maybe some of you would like to see a preview of the new ad campaign they're working on for next season. Here it is:

FEAR THE SEAHAWKS!!!

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That gives me an idea. Thanks, Young2Rice!

lolol
I can't wait to play the Hawks next year...man!
Yeah I think it goes without saying that a win in Seattle is #1 on my wish list for next season.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Or maybe the defense should have had some coffee in the last seventeen seconds.....

No friggin kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those last 26 seconds was like a knife in my heart.

Now - take that feeling and magnify it by about .... oh, I don't know .. a gazillion and you might know how we 49ers fans feel about the SB.

• HUGGY
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Since there are so many Seahawks fans here, maybe some of you would like to see a preview of the new ad campaign they're working on for next season. Here it is:

FEAR THE SEAHAWKS!!!

I'm here because I like the fans here. The best Seahawk board could be the Dot Net board but it is too full of butt hurt pu**ys that need validating more than they need independant and honest opinion. I don't kiss anybody's a** so screw em. I got perabanned for get this.. "being too annoying". Not breaking any rules or anything with any members.. just dissagreeing with them occasionally...and backing every claim with proof..AKA links. I had one mod actually PM me telling me that he didn't appreciate me posting proof and facts in the form of links to support whatever point I was attempting to make or point to dissagree with whatever member I was discussing something with. They like to be reassured that they are the greatest fans in the world. Problem is..they are not. To be a great fan one must first be a great person. They are weak and petty.

You guys are knowledgeable and honest. You are confident in your team..rightfully so..and intelligently aware that the Seattle Seahawks are also a very good team and worthy adversary. On the Dot Net board the majority opinion is that your team and you fans are all bogus. I was offended by thier stupid attitude. I was threatened to be banned just about day one when it was clear I had my own opinion That the 9ers were and are a worthy opponent to share. They have a forum called "The Smack Shack" which has a warning.."no thin skins allowed blah blah blah.." That's all they haveis thin skins in there.. What it really is ..is a place to go if you have a psychiatric problem and want to share the most intimate details of your weak life and have these morons try to get you to reveal the worst you have to tell about/on yourself or your family. I made the big mistake of sugesting that this one guy talking about how his father raped him might take it to a non football board and send PM's with information so personal and potentially damaging to his family. The whole Dot Net board went ballistic. How DARE I!!!!???? Ya..I know..on a football message board. In the "Smack Shack" How DARE I????!!!!.
So that's why I am here. You guys rock and unfortunately Seahawks Dot Net sucks. You guys talk about the Hawks better than they do...seriously.

Did I mention that I really like this MB? LOL