There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I still say that the play that we saw at the end of the year from Wilson was near 85% of his ceiling as he already demonstrates every essential QB intangible and most of the tangibles. He can only improve from this point by film study and recognizing defenses better and his new weapon will also help him. Kaep on the other hand has every tangible and is developing the intangibles as the weeks go by and he might be, might be at about 60% playing capacity as you can still see some very rough edges still present and will only be worked out by having more reps and starting experience. When he rounds into form, I expect him to be incredible, even more so than Wilson.

This sums it up for me. I have wasted enough time trying to say this exact thing. It is hard to discuss because I hate the Hags so much that I have to look through that when talking about Wilson. WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST START FLYNN?!?!?
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...
Originally posted by HUGGY:
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...

With 192 yds rushing in that game, we should have let the play clock run down then call time out after Gore ran for 32 yards to set up first and goal at the 7yd line. The next 3 plays should have been some variation of Gore and Kaep running the ball in for the score and preferably Gore. He would have finished with 117yd and 2 TDs. He has been the heart and soul of this team for years and shame on Roman and Harbaugh for neglecting him when Ngata was sidelined and our OL had put a whipping on the Ravens all 2nd half. Our coaching staff froze and we lost as a result. If we don't win a Super Bowl before Gore turns in his 49ers jersey I'm going to puke. All he got was a pat on the head from Harbaugh. We need to do this!!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
With 192 yds rushing in that game, we should have let the play clock run down then call time out after Gore ran for 32 yards to set up first and goal at the 7yd line. The next 3 plays should have been some variation of Gore and Kaep running the ball in for the score and preferably Gore. He would have finished with 117yd and 2 TDs. He has been the heart and soul of this team for years and shame on Roman and Harbaugh for neglecting him when Ngata was sidelined and our OL had put a whipping on the Ravens all 2nd half. Our coaching staff froze and we lost as a result. If we don't win a Super Bowl before Gore turns in his 49ers jersey I'm going to puke. All he got was a pat on the head from Harbaugh. We need to do this!!

This...

And in the Seattle game. Gore has been our bread and butter, while I wouldn't change a thing with Kaep, Harbaugh seemed to get away from Gore at times. ESPECIALLY with Ngata out. I also thought Kaep would run it in for a split second.
Originally posted by HUGGY:
You 9er fans really impress me. This is a great open and honest debate. One thing I'd like to mention is that around here(Seattle) nobody gives Wilson any cred for a great throw in the GB game. Obviously RW got the ball in a location where it was POSSIBLE for a Seahawk to have a chance at a catch. BUT it was also clearly a hail mary. We were fortunate that the refs saw it as at least a reception by both the def and off players with the tie going our way. Nobody in Seattle believes that was a "great" catch. It was a lucky catch and call. Sometimes ya just have to be lucky. Stuff happens and the best you can do is just be there when that funny bounce goes your way...or the ref ignores a clear pass interference.... LOL

NOW on to the last second CK throw in the SB. A couple of observations. The throw sucked. It was clearly out of bounds...out of reach and uncatchable. Crabtree and the Ravens guy were both holding and pushing off and they both should have been flagged. IMHO CK wasn't his or Wilson's usual level of clutch in THAT play. Frankly I was thinking that Kaepernick had enough room to tuck the ball and just run to a score. He might have made it in..he might not have but Crabtree was covered and there were a couple of lanes he could have run through. It looked like Colin was commited to a toss to Crabtree no matter what and as it happened THAT just wasn't going to happen. If he had run to a score he would have been legend.

Just sayin...
LOL he threw it right to the GB defender and Taint shoved him in the back out of the play.

Then the GB defender intercepted it.

Thats not clutch, its not even luck, its BULLLLs**t.

And by the way, making it to a super bowl and coming inches to being the closest comeback in his 10th start is only the beginning of the legend of Colin Kaepernick. A much better start then Mini Kaep.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM ]
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
LOL he threw it right to the GB defender and Taint shoved him in the back out of the play.

Then the GB defender intercepted it.
Thats not clutch, its not even luck, its BULLLLs**t.
LOL

I don't get the big deal made of that one play. There were at least 4 players in the place the ball was thrown. There were no "open" Seahawks. Yes there was clearly pass interference. Duh! So what? Not everything gets called. The 9er reciever and the Raven defender were both guilty of interference on the last SB play. Nothing called! OMG!!!! LOL.

Wilson could have tried to run as Kaepernick probably should/could have in the last play of the SB but instead he threw it up for grabs and Golden Tate managed to get his hands on enough to rule a simultaneous catch. Get over it already. It has nothing to do with Wilson's ability other than he tossed the ball up and gave a Seahawk an opportunity. Lady luck shined on Seattle that day...I haven't seen every 9ers game from last season but I'm gonna go out onna limb and guess that luck played her hand for San Francisco a couple of times. The great teams have all taken advantage of a lucky break or two.
Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
LOL he threw it right to the GB defender and Taint shoved him in the back out of the play.

Then the GB defender intercepted it.
Thats not clutch, its not even luck, its BULLLLs**t.
LOL

I don't get the big deal made of that one play. There were at least 4 players in the place the ball was thrown. There were no "open" Seahawks. Yes there was clearly pass interference. Duh! So what? Not everything gets called. The 9er reciever and the Raven defender were both guilty of interference on the last SB play. Nothing called! OMG!!!! LOL.

Wilson could have tried to run as Kaepernick probably should/could have in the last play of the SB but instead he threw it up for grabs and Golden Tate managed to get his hands on enough to rule a simultaneous catch. Get over it already. It has nothing to do with Wilson's ability other than he tossed the ball up and gave a Seahawk an opportunity. Lady luck shined on Seattle that day...I haven't seen every 9ers game from last season but I'm gonna go out onna limb and guess that luck played her hand for San Francisco a couple of times. The great teams have all taken advantage of a lucky break or two.

You brought that play up. I'm just saying...And get over the last play of the super bowl. He read 0 blitz and had one on one with Crabs, Best option, not the best throw. Like you said he could of run or whatever. Its over.

I like your guy Mini Kaep to though. He's a solid QB. He should of drank some coffee in the first half of that ATL game, then maybe SEA wouldn't of lost in a playoff. I like Kaep's entrance onto the NFL stage much better.

[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM ]
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You brought that play up. I'm just saying...And get over the last play of the super bowl. He read 0 blitz and had one on one with Crabs, Best option, not the best throw. Like you said he could of run or whatever. Its over.

I like your guy Mini Kaep to though. He's a solid QB. He should of drank some coffee in the first half of that ATL game, then maybe SEA wouldn't of lost in a playoff. I like Kaep's entrance onto the NFL stage much better.


You mad bro? LOL. I love the game. I look at EVERYTHING trying to be objective..There is NO play unworthy of breaking it down and figuring out what happened and what could have been done better. . Trying..key word...of course...it's impossible...I bleed green and blue.. When last season started I was depressed frankly... Mat Friggin Flynn??? WTF???? We had just gone through half a dozen losers after Hasselbeck. Watching Jackson play just tore my guts out. I can't imagine nor would have ever believed in the magnitude of the turn of events for my Seahawks and for the 9ers too. What a spectacular evolution for both teams and the NFL stage as well. Like out of NOWHERE we both just HAPPENED to aquire the two best young QBs in the NFL at the same time...like they ACTUALLY DID fall off the turnip truck.. and into our laps.
Originally posted by HUGGY:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You brought that play up. I'm just saying...And get over the last play of the super bowl. He read 0 blitz and had one on one with Crabs, Best option, not the best throw. Like you said he could of run or whatever. Its over.

I like your guy Mini Kaep to though. He's a solid QB. He should of drank some coffee in the first half of that ATL game, then maybe SEA wouldn't of lost in a playoff. I like Kaep's entrance onto the NFL stage much better.


You mad bro? LOL. I love the game. I look at EVERYTHING trying to be objective..There is NO play unworthy of breaking it down and figuring out what happened and what could have been done better. . Trying..key word...of course...it's impossible...I bleed green and blue.. When last season started I was depressed frankly... Mat Friggin Flynn??? WTF???? We had just gone through half a dozen losers after Hasselbeck. Watching Jackson play just tore my guts out. I can't imagine nor would have ever believed in the magnitude of the turn of events for my Seahawks and for the 9ers too. What a spectacular evolution for both teams and the NFL stage as well. Like out of NOWHERE we both just HAPPENED to aquire the two best young QBs in the NFL at the same time...like they ACTUALLY DID fall off the turnip truck.. and into our laps.

totally.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You brought that play up. I'm just saying...And get over the last play of the super bowl. He read 0 blitz and had one on one with Crabs, Best option, not the best throw. Like you said he could of run or whatever. Its over.

I like your guy Mini Kaep to though. He's a solid QB. He should of drank some coffee in the first half of that ATL game, then maybe SEA wouldn't of lost in a playoff. I like Kaep's entrance onto the NFL stage much better.


Or maybe the defense should have had some coffee in the last seventeen seconds.....
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Or maybe the defense should have had some coffee in the last seventeen seconds.....

No friggin kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those last 26 seconds was like a knife in my heart.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
You brought that play up. I'm just saying...And get over the last play of the super bowl. He read 0 blitz and had one on one with Crabs, Best option, not the best throw. Like you said he could of run or whatever. Its over.

I like your guy Mini Kaep to though. He's a solid QB. He should of drank some coffee in the first half of that ATL game, then maybe SEA wouldn't of lost in a playoff. I like Kaep's entrance onto the NFL stage much better.


Or maybe the defense should have had some coffee in the last seventeen seconds.....

It happens.
i would like to see dorsey maul wilson
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Or maybe the defense should have had some coffee in the last seventeen seconds.....

Wilson played like a man possessed in the last qtr plus in Atlanta. FOUR TDS!! He left EVERYTHING out there on the field. The most heroic comback I have witnessesed in my 63 years. Wilson has cemented his place in Seahawk football for as long as he can or will play for our team. I'm sure you guys feel the same about Colin Kaepernick..
  • HUGGY
  • Member
  • Posts: 142
Originally posted by fister30:
i would like to see dorsey maul wilson

Wilson is like mercury. I haven't seen anybody "maul" him yet. I would like to see DEs and Linebackers lying on thier stomachs pounding the turf and sobbing. LOL.