There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by GNielsen:
At the combine, Kaepernick had a high 40 time of 4.53 and a low of 4.43.

Wilsons high was 4.64 and his low was 4.48.

I think it's pretty remarkable that Kaepernick, at his size, can move at the same speed or better than Wilson. They're both great athletes, but Kaepernick is kind of off the scale for QB's. He's a mutant.

Wilsons official 40 time was 4.55,, they didn't list a low and a high that i could see for either of them.. where are you getting your info... unless your talking about a handheld time and a computer time, which they go by the computer time for the official time.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Russell Wilson

Yes! Here they are just hanging out:

Russell Wilson

thats your full answer to my question?

well i can tell talking even somewhat rationally with you about this is a waste of time.
Originally posted by Stanley:
You can discuss all day long, but right now, as of this moment, it's fair to say both of these young quarterbacks are equal.

The ONLY true discernible differences are Kaeps physical measureables.

Mentally, both of them are students of the game, hard workers, and have QB friendly coaches. One area Kaep has the advantage is his Oline and his receiving threats.

Remove the emotion and team bias - and you're fooling yourself if you'd take Wilson over Kaep knowing what you know now.

This is debatable.... and again i ask the question how can you take one over the other at this point? what has either done that the other hasn't at this point...
Wilsons official 40 time was 4.55,, they didn't list a low and a high that i could see for either of them.. where are you getting your info... unless your talking about a handheld time and a computer time, which they go by the computer time for the official time.

Wilson's stats: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72519&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

Kaepernick's stats: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=66869&draftyear=2011&genpos=qb
This is debatable.... and again i ask the question how can you take one over the other at this point? what has either done that the other hasn't at this point...

One has beaten the rest of the NFC and gotten to the Super Bowl and the other hasn't.
I've never seen a QB elude pressure as effortlessly as Russell Wilson. The game they shellacked us up in Seattle, he made our guys look like a bunch of dump trucks. If I'm drafting, I'm drafting someone specifically in mind to tackle him for the next decade.

I'm not really sure how you figure Kaepenick is a more intelligent guy, Russell seemed pretty smart in his pre-game analysis of the NFC Championship. Like maybe he was the smartest guy in the room, if there's a difference, it's very little. Didn't Alex have like the highest Wonderlick ever? That pretty much means the test doesn't mean anything, it just means you can answer a whole bunch of questions really fast. I bet Joe would be average at it.

I guess my point is that is that I don't think Kaepernick over Wilson is as cut and dry as we 49er fans think. Wilson has proved himself through a full season, on a team with less offensive talent behind him. Of course I'm taking Kaepernick, prototype size and attributes, but I'm not going to be surprised if Wilson ends up getting the last laugh.
Originally posted by T-9ers:

I'm not really sure how you figure Kaepenick is a more intelligent guy, Russell seemed pretty smart in his pre-game analysis of the NFC Championship.

The only objective analysis we have on that are GPA and Wonderlick. It doesn't matter what you think Montana would have scored on the Wonderlick. That's just subjective judgement. My only point is that people seem to naturally assume Wilson is more intelligent. I think it's cultural. Kaepernick has a more understated kind of down home homeboy thing going and Wilson is more polished. But according to the only objective analysis tools we have, Kaepernick is a 4.0 GPA student while Wilson was a 2.8 and Kaepernick got a 37 on the Wonderlick while Wilson got a 28. You're welcome to your opinion, but lets not confuse opinions with facts. Your opinion may be that the Wonderlick means squat. In many cases, I might agree with that opinion. But they're still just opinions.

One has beaten the rest of the NFC and gotten to the Super Bowl and the other hasn't.

You forgot that in this debate, Wilson losses do not factor into the equation.

Bringing them up will usually result in a "yea but if you don't count that, he's a better QB than God" kind of response.

All other facts and logic will be ignored.

....I admit I thought it was pretty funny at first, but things got weird when I realized they were serious.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by baltien:

Bringing them up will usually result in a "yea but if you don't count that, he's a better QB than God" kind of response.

....I admit I thought it was pretty funny at first, but things got weird when I realized they were serious.

And another interesting thing is that you'll find a lot more "Wilson's the best" and "The Seahawks are all that" down here on this board than you'll find anything positive about Kaepernick and the Niners up there. At Seahawks.net, Kaepernick is basically a joke. We have fun with Wilson around here, but everybody agrees that he's a damn good QB. And all you see up there is 42-13! and "we're going to smash the Whiners" up there whereas down here you see a lot of "yeah, but the Seahawks could get the last laugh" kinds of posts.
Wilson fan: "His ability to step into a new football situation and take command of a team is impressive." The Wilson fan could have said the same thing about Kaepernick except in Kaepernick's case it's even more impressive - Kaepernick was thrown in mid-season whereas Wilson knew from August on that he was going to be the starter.

On Wilson's 5 game winning drives - Kapernick had three in half as many games.

And the kicker: Wilson may surpass Montana in...... dude, Wilson isn't going to surpass Montana in anything, ever.

This, Xinfinity. Wilson will never be in the same class as Montana. Ever. Under any circumstances.
Originally posted by baltien:

And another interesting thing is that you'll find a lot more "Wilson's the best" and "The Seahawks are all that" down here on this board than you'll find anything positive about Kaepernick and the Niners up there. At Seahawks.net, Kaepernick is basically a joke. We have fun with Wilson around here, but everybody agrees that he's a damn good QB. And all you see up there is 42-13! and "we're going to smash the Whiners" up there whereas down here you see a lot of "yeah, but the Seahawks could get the last laugh" kinds of posts.

THIS is what Seahag fans hang their hat on.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:

It's almost a little pathetic. Any knowledgeable Niner fan could give you five or six reasons why that particular game could be a bit of an anomaly, but to them it's the fricking Holy Grail. There's only one way to shut Seahawk fan up about that game. Sweep em.

It's almost a little pathetic. Any knowledgeable Niner fan could give you five or six reasons why that particular game could be a bit of an anomaly, but to them it's the fricking Holy Grail. There's only one way to shut Seahawk fan up about that game. Sweep em.

I think the only chance we have of sweeping them (other than significant injuries to their key players) would be if the game in Seattle was early in the year (both weather related and coach vs. coach related). I think we will win the game in SF regardless.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think the only chance we have of sweeping them (other than significant injuries to their key players) would be if the game in Seattle was early in the year (both weather related and coach vs. coach related). I think we will win the game in SF regardless.