There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

I don't think I've ever seen a faster running back than Bo Jackson. I always remember that run he had around the left side against the Seahawks were he couldn't stop and ran right into the tunnel. Unbelievably fast!
Anyway, back to the subject matter. I'll take Kaepernick over Wilson any day. Much more upside.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Anyway, back to the subject matter. I'll take Kaepernick over Wilson any day. Much more upside.

I like Kaep better as well....but I'd expect anyone in Seattle to do the opposite. ;-)
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Actually Chris Johnson owns the fastest 40. Bo wasn't in the 4.2's.

Jim Brown dominated the game in his era. He'd be an even better player today with the benefit of all of the training these players do now. Yes, the competition would be different, but so would he.

Bo Jackson 40 time was quoted at 4.12

wiki

The key to that time is the part where it says "hand-timed". There was a nobody WR this year who had a hand-timed 4.19.

I don't buy it. Bo was fast enough...we don't need to go nuts.

I agree that 'official' times with all the digital measurements are significantly more precise and usually slower than the hand-help (unofficial) times, but hand-timing was all they had at the combine then. I wonder if there's film of it, someone could break it down.

Jim Brown dominated the game in his era. He'd be an even better player today with the benefit of all of the training these players do now. Yes, the competition would be different, but so would he.

wiki

The key to that time is the part where it says "hand-timed". There was a nobody WR this year who had a hand-timed 4.19.

I agree that 'official' times with all the digital measurements are significantly more precise and usually slower than the hand-help (unofficial) times, but hand-timing was all they had at the combine then. I wonder if there's film of it, someone could break it down.

Dunno. I also know that some of the scouts who were hand-timing Tavon Austin had times in the 4.1's. The official time was in the 4.3s.

You can never trust hand times.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM ]
I heard Bo Jackson ran a 1.9 - 40.

wiki

Dunno. I also know that some of the scouts who were hand-timing Tavon Austin had times in the 4.1's. The official time was in the 4.3s.

Couldn't find anything, but I did see a clip that Deion Sanders ran him down, but Jackson had the ball in his hands which does slow your sprint speed, fwiw.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

...against the wind....on sand.

wiki

Couldn't find anything, but I did see a clip that Deion Sanders ran him down, but Jackson had the ball in his hands which does slow your sprint speed, fwiw.

Plus Deion could've had the angle on him. Do you have a link to that?
Originally posted by aTx49er:

wiki

0:47

Link - and it does look like he had the angle. Plus Deion gets completely owned
Tackling never was Deion's strong point and Bo Jackson was very strong.
Originally posted by aTx49er:

wiki

0:47

Link - and it does look like he had the angle. Plus Deion gets completely owned

Yeah he did. Thanks.

while wearing a parachute.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

And carrying the KC Royals on his back .....
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

wearing snow shoes... i have a hard time believing Jackson ran a 4.1, that's just crazy Usaine Bolt Speed,.. what did Deon run like a 4.23 something like that?