There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

I don't know why we're trying to settle this after one year . . . oh yeah, it's the off season.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Frank Gores not a power runner lol

what's your definition of a power runner.. ?
Originally posted by hawker84:
i don't need to provide an argument, film speaks for it's self... he takes advantages of running lanes either by design or when the pocket breaks down.. i never said he takes big hits all the time.. i said he's more likely to take a hit than RW, because wilson makes people miss, with either a juke or sudden change of direction.. something Kap does no where near as well... so since i'm so unequipped as you claim i'll just leave this Kap highlight vid here for you.. show me where he jukes or makes someone miss .. and i'll show you ten where he doesn't..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzVojz0JsE&feature=player_detailpage

On the very first play of this video, Kap makes someone miss.

Frank is a Power Runner. He is ALSO an elusive runner.

He's a BALANCED back with tremendous vision and can do everything. The only thing he doesn't have is elite speed...and thats likely do to 2 torn ACLs in college.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The point was that just because a guy doesn't always do it doesn't mean he can't do it if he wants to.

And Gore is a power, downhill, between-the-tackles runner. Kendall Hunter is our elusive RB. Please stop trying to school 49ers fans on their own players.

do you even watch your own players? gore is elusive and is very good at finding holes and bursting through them.. what impresses me the most about gore is how shifty he is at full speed.. great, great runner.. but power? don't see him trucking, running over anybody.. here's 5 minutes of 2012 gore highlights, not one where he is powering through, or over anybody.. all jukes all hitting holes and being shifty... i can do this all day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4lUQtFrAA&feature=player_detailpage

you let your need to win an argumnt make you say two of the blatently false things ever.

Frank Gore IS a power runner.

Kaep can and does juke people. haha
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Frank is a Power Runner. He is ALSO an elusive runner.

He's a BALANCED back with tremendous vision and can do everything. The only thing he doesn't have is elite speed...and thats likely do to 2 torn ACLs in college.

RESPECT THE MARVIN AUTHORITAH!!!
Originally posted by Beeker:
He'll *cough* never quite be *cough* done *cough*

dude you should get that cough checked out.
Well i tell you what.. soon as i see Kap start to juke people out of there jockstrap like wilson did Bowman, i will formaly come on here and have a fair helping of steaming hot crow.. until then.. he's a north and south runner in my book..
If this happened, it happened 10 yards in the back field because RW only Jukes or makes people miss 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
I thought the read option was the perfect example of juking/faking out defenders. You point them in one direction then you take it another and leave the defender gasping for air. And when you try to diminish the rushing prowess of one QB that was the only in NCAA history to pass > 10000 yds and rush > 4000 yds then set an NFL rushing record for QBs at 181 yards in a PLAYOFF GAME, well then I think we are fishing for something here don't you think. Russ is more of a QB in a RB body that can perform most of the duties of both positions so I can see where he could be more elusive but that is not to say he is better at toting the pill when both game film and the statistics say otherwise. As for the injury issue, I can say that I hope both guys stay healthy and that Russ's MJD - like stature may indeed help him, but I think Colin will be alright being that he is coached by the QB guru Harbaugh and has an outstanding cast around him and he instinctively slides and gets out of bounds well enough already. BTW, during the game at the Superdome vs Saints, I thought Colin faked out 3 to 4 defenders rather nicely on a rushing TD from the redzone
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
i don't need to provide an argument, film speaks for it's self... he takes advantages of running lanes either by design or when the pocket breaks down.. i never said he takes big hits all the time.. i said he's more likely to take a hit than RW, because wilson makes people miss, with either a juke or sudden change of direction.. something Kap does no where near as well... so since i'm so unequipped as you claim i'll just leave this Kap highlight vid here for you.. show me where he jukes or makes someone miss .. and i'll show you ten where he doesn't..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzVojz0JsE&feature=player_detailpage

Excuse me, but Hawker84, you said you would eat crow when you saw Kaepernick juke someone. Black Razor is right. On the very first play in this video, Kaepernick makes a tackler fall down grasping at air. I suggest you slow cook your crow with a generous helping of curry sauce. And the Razor is also correct about where these jukes happen. Wilson is a spectacular scrambler, but I don't see him running past entire defensive backfields like their standing still as Kaepernick does. Wilson is juking people as he's running around in circles in the backfield waiting for someone to come open in the school yard.
blitz every play against seahawks, murder wilson.

problem solved

please dude, it was a ball fake and the guy was a defensive end.. my 12 year old niece could make that dude miss.. next..
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
you let your need to win an argumnt make you say two of the blatently false things ever.

Frank Gore IS a power runner.

Kaep can and does juke people. haha

ok i believe you because you said it , so it must be true. still waiting for a vid where gores trucking someone and kap is juking someone...
If this happened, it happened 10 yards in the back field because RW only Jukes or makes people miss 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

rewatch the seattle niner highlights , it happend more than once, and not only to Bowman..
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Excuse me, but Hawker84, you said you would eat crow when you saw Kaepernick juke someone. Black Razor is right. On the very first play in this video, Kaepernick makes a tackler fall down grasping at air. I suggest you slow cook your crow with a generous helping of curry sauce. And the Razor is also correct about where these jukes happen. Wilson is a spectacular scrambler, but I don't see him running past entire defensive backfields like their standing still as Kaepernick does. Wilson is juking people as he's running around in circles in the backfield waiting for someone to come open in the school yard.
first off the guy was coming off a block, and off balance to begin with.. secondly it wasn't a juke it was a ball fake, kap was running forward the whole time... lol.. as soon as i saw that , i knew you guys would try to use it... so sad...