There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by hawker84:
i've seen him plenty, maybe you should revisit some game film...... next you'll be telling me his farts smell like lavendar and vanilla

Kaep really does a good job of avoiding hits. The only real big hit that I can remember was against the Bills, and he fumbled.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Sorry man, but Kaepernick rarely even gets touched when he runs. He's smart and he goes out of bounds. This was highly publicized and discussed after he destroyed Green Bay in the playoffs. I can only think of one instance in which he was actually hit (by two defenders simultaneously, no less). He got up, rolled the ball and got a penalty for it (he then threw a beautiful TD pass on the next play ).

I suggest you watch a little more of Kaep before making claims from this point forward. He jukes and evades all the time. He may not do it as fancy as Wilson does it, but he definitely does it. To say there's a "lack of juking/evading would be tacklers" proves you simply don't know as much about him as you thought you did.
i've seen him plenty, maybe you should revisit some game film...... next you'll be telling me his farts smell like lavendar and vanilla

Great argument. Only problem is you forgot to actually provide one.

You're wrong on Kaepernick's style of running. Period. He doesn't take any more hits than any other QB. Just because he's able to run doesn't mean he takes hits like Mike Vick or RG3. I would accept your stance if it were true, but it's not.

By the way, I don't need game film. I've seen every single snap the guy has ever taken in the NFL. When he was coming in to run a read-option behind Alex Smith, he was taking hits. Once he became the starting QB, he started running a lot smarter and has done so ever since. For instance, in the game against Green Bay, he gained like 3 yards of 181 after contact and it's not because he was going down as soon as he was touched - the guy was just never touched. He usually runs out bounds when he should and doesn't take unnecessary hits.

If I'm gonna try to argue with a Seahawks fan about his own QB's style of running, then I'd have to watch some game film on that player. I'm not doing that, you are, and you've clearly come to battle unequipped. To try to tell me Kaepernick can't juke or evade defenders is pure ridiculousness.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by hawker84:
i've seen him plenty, maybe you should revisit some game film...... next you'll be telling me his farts smell like lavendar and vanilla

Kaep really does a good job of avoiding hits. The only real big hit that I can remember was against the Bills, and he fumbled.

And that hit was when he was only in there to run the ball. That all changed when he became the starting QB.
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
What was the ridiculous stat against GB? 170+ of his 181 yards rushing were gained before he got touched

that has nothing to do with being elusive or juking... i never said the guy can't run , i'm saying he's not a juker.. Barry Sanders was a juker/ Emmit Smith found holes and expoited them for good yardage .. there's a difference in running styles...

Frank Gore is a power runner and not known for his juking ability, yet he can juke very well. So, what's your point? You pretty much implied that Kaep can't juke and gets hit often, which is completely untrue.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Great argument. Only problem is you forgot to actually provide one.

You're wrong on Kaepernick's style of running. Period. He doesn't take any more hits than any other QB. Just because he's able to run doesn't mean he takes hits like Mike Vick or RG3. I would accept your stance if it were true, but it's not.

By the way, I don't need game film. I've seen every single snap the guy has ever taken in the NFL. When he was coming in to run a read-option behind Alex Smith, he was taking hits. Once he became the starting QB, he started running a lot smarter and has done so ever since. For instance, in the game against Green Bay, he gained like 3 yards of 181 after contact and it's not because he was going down as soon as he was touched - the guy was just never touched. He usually runs out bounds when he should and doesn't take unnecessary hits.

If I'm gonna try to argue with a Seahawks fan about his own QB's style of running, then I'd have to watch some game film on that player. I'm not doing that, you are, and you've clearly come to battle unequipped. To try to tell me Kaepernick can't juke or evade defenders is pure ridiculousness.
i don't need to provide an argument, film speaks for it's self... he takes advantages of running lanes either by design or when the pocket breaks down.. i never said he takes big hits all the time.. i said he's more likely to take a hit than RW, because wilson makes people miss, with either a juke or sudden change of direction.. something Kap does no where near as well... so since i'm so unequipped as you claim i'll just leave this Kap highlight vid here for you.. show me where he jukes or makes someone miss .. and i'll show you ten where he doesn't..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzVojz0JsE&feature=player_detailpage
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Frank Gore is a power runner and not known for his juking ability, yet he can juke very well. So, what's your point? You pretty much implied that Kaep can't juke and gets hit often, which is completely untrue.

not sure where you getting all this.. show me my post where i said Kap gets hit all the time.. i'll save you some time, i never said it.. gore is not a power runner, he is an elusive runner, and yes he can juke you too... so what's your point?
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Frank Gore is a power runner and not known for his juking ability, yet he can juke very well. So, what's your point? You pretty much implied that Kaep can't juke and gets hit often, which is completely untrue.

not sure where you getting all this.. show me my post where i said Kap gets hit all the time.. i'll save you some time, i never said it.. gore is not a power runner, he is an elusive runner, and yes he can juke you too... so what's your point?

The point was that just because a guy doesn't always do it doesn't mean he can't do it if he wants to.

And Gore is a power, downhill, between-the-tackles runner. Kendall Hunter is our elusive RB. Please stop trying to school 49ers fans on their own players.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The point was that just because a guy doesn't always do it doesn't mean he can't do it if he wants to.

And Gore is a power, downhill, between-the-tackles runner. Kendall Hunter is our elusive RB. Please stop trying to school 49ers fans on their own players.

do you even watch your own players? gore is elusive and is very good at finding holes and bursting through them.. what impresses me the most about gore is how shifty he is at full speed.. great, great runner.. but power? don't see him trucking, running over anybody.. here's 5 minutes of 2012 gore highlights, not one where he is powering through, or over anybody.. all jukes all hitting holes and being shifty... i can do this all day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4lUQtFrAA&feature=player_detailpage
Well i tell you what.. soon as i see Kap start to juke people out of there jockstrap like wilson did Bowman, i will formaly come on here and have a fair helping of steaming hot crow.. until then.. he's a north and south runner in my book..
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'd still like to understand how those posts aren't "trolling" and why people who respond to them are continually warned by moderators but he keeps coming back with more of those kinds of posts, evidently never getting warned about them. Sorry, but I find that kind of strange.

I've complained about him before. It's no use. I have an idea why he's allowed to do what he does.
Frank Gores not a power runner lol
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Don't you know, Kaep is the most talented QB EVAR seen in all of everyone's lives EVAR and Harbaugh is the best judge of talent (signing old WRs, and letting one of his own go to the enemy *cough* Baldwin). We will win as long as we have Kaep and Harbaugh (a healthy Justin and Aldon Smith *cough* because everything has to be perfect)!

I thought you were done?

He'll *cough* never quite be *cough* done *cough*
Originally posted by hawker84:
i don't need to provide an argument, film speaks for it's self... he takes advantages of running lanes either by design or when the pocket breaks down.. i never said he takes big hits all the time.. i said he's more likely to take a hit than RW, because wilson makes people miss, with either a juke or sudden change of direction.. something Kap does no where near as well... so since i'm so unequipped as you claim i'll just leave this Kap highlight vid here for you.. show me where he jukes or makes someone miss .. and i'll show you ten where he doesn't..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPzVojz0JsE&feature=player_detailpage

Wilson is obviously more agile because he's under 6 feet. What's the point of all this?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by hawker84:
i can accept that.. sounds good to me.. but it still doesn't make my claim any less true.... players get hurt in every game, of every week, of every season, regardless of size.. but another factor that plays a big part is running styles... so to say RW is more likely to be injured over Kap due to size may be true,, Kap is more likely to be injured over RW due to running styles and lack of juking/evading would be tacklers.. there's a lot more factors to injury than just size..

Sorry man, but Kaepernick rarely even gets touched when he runs. He's smart and he goes out of bounds. This was highly publicized and discussed after he destroyed Green Bay in the playoffs. I can only think of one instance in which he was actually hit (by two defenders simultaneously, no less). He got up, rolled the ball and got a penalty for it (he then threw a beautiful TD pass on the next play ).

I suggest you watch a little more of Kaep before making claims from this point forward. He jukes and evades all the time. He may not do it as fancy as Wilson does it, but he definitely does it. To say there's a "lack of juking/evading would be tacklers" proves you simply don't know as much about him as you thought you did.

He just doesn't really have to as often because he's usually behind the defense
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Don't you know, Kaep is the most talented QB EVAR seen in all of everyone's lives EVAR and Harbaugh is the best judge of talent (signing old WRs, and letting one of his own go to the enemy *cough* Baldwin). We will win as long as we have Kaep and Harbaugh (a healthy Justin and Aldon Smith *cough* because everything has to be perfect)!

I thought you were done?

He'll *cough* never quite be *cough* done *cough*

I am. I just had to get that last one out, about things needing to be perfect.