There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson VS Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by English:
OK people, grow up. Any more of this swallow my kids or go to another forum crap will get you suspended and/or warned. If you don't want to discuss and compare these two quarterbacks, don't post in this thread. If you can't discuss them amicably and reasonably without hitting out at fellow posters, then don't.

Yet, obvious trolling isn't something that you're going to take action on?

OK.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Is Wilson tall enough to look in the mirror?

On a serious note, I think both guys are pretty close in many categories but for what they are asked to do in our offense, I would take Kaep any day.

why? if hypothetically you put each QB on the other team, do you not think both would still flourish ? what is Kap doing in your offense that Wilson couldn't do, and vice versa.. i keep asking this question , and can't seem to get an answer.... to say you'd take Kap any day over wilson suggest's he's head and shoulders better than Wilson, how are you coming to this conclusion..

Kap's numbers are comparible, but that's in 9 / 10 games as apposed to wilsons 18.. it's been said here many times now.. it is way too early to compare the two, let them both get a full season under their belts, with no restrictions, and a training camp working with the ones...
*sigh*

Hurry up, September!
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
*sigh*

Hurry up, September!

Originally posted by 49erRider:
OK people, grow up. Any more of this swallow my kids or go to another forum crap will get you suspended and/or warned. If you don't want to discuss and compare these two quarterbacks, don't post in this thread. If you can't discuss them amicably and reasonably without hitting out at fellow posters, then don't.

OK.

Not ok. You have a problem with some posts but you don't want to report them. Your problem.
Originally posted by hawker84:
I seriously don't understand why you're arguing. A bigger guy can generally take more punishment. That's common sense. Is it really such a blow to your boy Wilson that another QB is likely more durable than him?

no not at all,.. i was simply making the argument, that it doesn't matter what size you are, you run risk of being injured, and i used Big Ben as one example...

Big Ben likes to hold onto the ball way too long because he knows he's hard for defenders to take down (due to his SIZE) and it buys him more time, but he almost always ends up getting hit in the end. Kaepernick and Wilson don't take nearly as many hits - even when they run the ball - but if they did, it's unlikely that Wilson would be able to absorb them over Kaepernick.

My argument is it DOES matter what size you are. A smaller guy generally cannot take the same punishment as a bigger guy. That's common sense. If you can't accept that, then I don't know what else to tell you. To me, it isn't even something I'd want to argue from your end. If Kaepernick was the smaller guy, my argument wouldn't change.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

this is so LAST April ...
nothing to do with September and beyond
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]

OK.

Not ok. You have a problem with some posts but you don't want to report them. Your problem.

You see it. You're the moderator. You're willing to warn people that they will be banned or warned for other things, yet you don't want to include the trolling. Did people report the posts you're talking about? Probably not.

It is what it is. Do what you do.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran

gif never gets old, just like this debate

gif never gets old, just like this debate

This.
Big Ben likes to hold onto the ball way too long because he knows he's hard for defenders to take down (due to his SIZE) and it buys him more time, but he almost always ends up getting hit in the end. Kaepernick and Wilson don't take nearly as many hits - even when they run the ball - but if they did, it's unlikely that Wilson would be able to absorb them over Kaepernick.

My argument is it DOES matter what size you are. A smaller guy generally cannot take the same punishment as a bigger guy. That's common sense. If you can't accept that, then I don't know what else to tell you. To me, it isn't even something I'd want to argue from your end. If Kaepernick was the smaller guy, my argument wouldn't change.
i can accept that.. sounds good to me.. but it still doesn't make my claim any less true.... players get hurt in every game, of every week, of every season, regardless of size.. but another factor that plays a big part is running styles... so to say RW is more likely to be injured over Kap due to size may be true,, Kap is more likely to be injured over RW due to running styles and lack of juking/evading would be tacklers.. there's a lot more factors to injury than just size..
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Don't you know, Kaep is the most talented QB EVAR seen in all of everyone's lives EVAR and Harbaugh is the best judge of talent (signing old WRs, and letting one of his own go to the enemy *cough* Baldwin). We will win as long as we have Kaep and Harbaugh (a healthy Justin and Aldon Smith *cough* because everything has to be perfect)!

Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
I'm done. With all this superhuman athlete talk that CK7 has over every QB in the league, we better win all of our games next year, or at least make up for the huge loss to Seattle.

Questions for the Moderator:

This is a thread about comparing Kaepernick and Wilson. The above two comments seem to me to violate rule #1 which states "Don't be a Jerk." They also seem to me to be dangerously close to trolling behavior in that they are clearly designed to incite the posters who are saying positive things about Colin Kaepernick. My questions are:

1. Did you warn this poster about these two posts and if not, why not?

2. If you didn't warn the original poster, why did you only warn posters who responded to these posts and not the person who precipitated these responses?

If your opinion is that it is up to posters to refrain from responding to inciteful posts, that's fine. I'd just like to know what your thinking is on this.
Originally posted by hawker84:
i can accept that.. sounds good to me.. but it still doesn't make my claim any less true.... players get hurt in every game, of every week, of every season, regardless of size.. but another factor that plays a big part is running styles... so to say RW is more likely to be injured over Kap due to size may be true,, Kap is more likely to be injured over RW due to running styles and lack of juking/evading would be tacklers.. there's a lot more factors to injury than just size..

I wouldn't compare either Kaepernick or Wilson to Rothlesberger because they're both a lot quicker and faster. But, I think that if you watch Kaepernick a little more you might agree that he is very good at avoiding big hits. It may be that, like Wilson, he has extensive baseball experience because when he slides, he does it very quickly in a baseball kind of way. He reminds me of someone sliding into a bag. He gets down very quickly.
  • Defenses are a step behind the offenses, much like when Walsh brought in the West Coast
  • There is enough tape on both QBs to working up ways to box them in.
  • If defenses can contain them both more and force them more into the pocket, advantage Kap. Wilson height will come into play.
  • Seattle is the darling pick. We were the darling pick with Nolan.

If they were the same size, I think we could really have a debate here.