LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Yes, I've noticed that. I mean, lord forbid people who have been fans for 35-40 years of the team have anything positive to contribute to any topic of conversation.
i try not to be to hard on them. some of them think the niners just started to become good in 94

LOL ... because none of US remember the dark days of

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'

I do...and Dick Nolan's teams won 3 straight NFC West titles and went to 2 NFC Championship games...not too shabby.

Monte Clark did a terrific job of coaching the team in '76 and had it not been for a bad kicker would have gone to the playoffs.

Larger point is this...not all of those days were dark.
No argument from me, CC. I'm just sick of certain people always bashing AJ. Signing this SPECIAL TEAMS player has ZERO to do with AJ Jenkins.

I wouldn't say it has zero to do with him. If Marlon outperforms AJ in camp, it will definitely have something to do with him. But as to the staff's confidence in him, yeah probably not.
2013 the resurgence of the TMS! Tony Montana Squad
Seems like camp competition with Lockette and maybe a rookie. Dahl said he played Goldson's spot (inside protector) on the punt team for the Rams. So doubt Moore will be inside protector if he makes the team, maybe gunner?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Yes, I've noticed that. I mean, lord forbid people who have been fans for 35-40 years of the team have anything positive to contribute to any topic of conversation.
i try not to be to hard on them. some of them think the niners just started to become good in 94

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'

I do...and Dick Nolan's teams won 3 straight NFC West titles and went to 2 NFC Championship games...not too shabby.

Monte Clark did a terrific job of coaching the team in '76 and had it not been for a bad kicker would have gone to the playoffs.

Fair enough .... But from 74-78 it wasn't pleasant all the time. There were good moments, just not many of them...... Just reminds me of 02-10 in some ways.
Originally posted by xtm059:
No argument from me, CC. I'm just sick of certain people always bashing AJ. Signing this SPECIAL TEAMS player has ZERO to do with AJ Jenkins.

I wouldn't say it has zero to do with him. If Marlon outperforms AJ in camp, it will definitely have something to do with him. But as to the staff's confidence in him, yeah probably not.

What does an aneurysm feel like??? I swear, I'm having one.

Moore being signed has NOTHING to do with AJ Jenkins. NOTHING whatsoever. Moore is a ST guy at best. I'm goin to ask nicley that people PLEASE GET OFF AJ JENKINS unless and until he doesn't make the team this year. JFC the kid got overwhelmed by the NFL - it happens. It doesn't mean he will never be a productive member of the team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Dick got us to the NFCCG twice .... DAMN YOU COWBOYS!!! DAMN YOU ROGER STAUBACH!!!!!!

Signing Plunkett and OJ during those years were epic fails. Joe Thomas *shudder* .... these young fans should be screaming for joy for what they have now in the FO.
with the gold rush we had , with delvin and wilbur and with gene washington and willie mcgee, all plunket had to do is manage the game which he did pretty well for a half of a season. how he went to oakland and became a star still gets me to this day.. and of course you are spot on about oj. traded our future away
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nw9erfan:

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'

Fair enough .... But from 74-78 it wasn't pleasant all the time. There were good moments, just not many of them...... Just reminds me of 02-10 in some ways.
1970-1973 were dick nolans golden days,, hell even steve spurrier made the cover of sports illustrated in 1972 when he took over for brodie. of course brodie had to come in and rescue us vs the vikings which of course led to the infamous blown lead to dallas the week after
Oh my gosh cc, you are as old as I. Good grief, a soulmate of yrs. But your point about not having crbs bling is well said. So what if I haven't heard of our kicker, our WR, or our S? That doesn't make them bad...just unknown, and we all hope we know several of them well post PS. Oh yes, there are more to come. But no one should make the mistake of these lower tier guys coming in for the express purpose of starting at WR, S, and DL....altho some will surprise and will start. We just won't know for another 5 mos. Meantime I am wondering how trent goes about choosing which of these guys to take and which not...when there is not much book on them.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Moore's first NFL TD.

No safety help.... (Dahl)

What does an aneurysm feel like??? I swear, I'm having one.

Moore being signed has NOTHING to do with AJ Jenkins. NOTHING whatsoever. Moore is a ST guy at best. I'm goin to ask nicley that people PLEASE GET OFF AJ JENKINS unless and until he doesn't make the team this year. JFC the kid got overwhelmed by the NFL - it happens. It doesn't mean he will never be a productive member of the team.

We don't have much to talk about for the next five months. We are going to talk about last season. Who was on the field? Hall, not Jenkins. In their respective careers, moore has outperformed Jenkins. It's going to be discussed. Get over it.
This is the missing piece
He is camp competition.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Moore's first NFL TD.

No safety help.... (Dahl)
Dahl
I think we're replenishing the STs unit. It was a major force for us in 2011 and fell off considerably in 2012.
Share 49ersWebzone