LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Good point cc. Hey as long as the kid has speed, bring him on. Speed kills still has merit. Somebody who is a gunner...what if he has great moves on passing routes and ends up being a good hands guy. We obviously couldn't have signed him for much, and with our injury list shaky at best, my guess he will get his chance at catching passes. We still don't have a Welker on the team and i don't expect one from FA. Not saying I have ever heard of the kid, but if he can streak, let's see what he has....and not just as ST. That is what PS is for, but i suspect coaches will know in 10 mins if he has a shot at WR or not.

guys like this who do not have the bling of a crabtree or the track record of boldin usually bust their ass in a big time way to find a way to contribute and make the team. good for the niners in signing this kid and good for him in regards to his attitude... now i await the predictable response from some of the zone who claim that doc and i have this guy in the hall of fame i think the kids can beat out joe hastings and chad hall and who knows maybe push jenkins for the fifth spot
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
No argument from me, CC. I'm just sick of certain people always bashing AJ. Signing this SPECIAL TEAMS player has ZERO to do with AJ Jenkins.

oh do not misunderstand, i was not yelling at you! i agree with what you say and if it makes you feel better,, i am having a more open mind about jenkins than i did two month ago you ought to know that it is common practice for zoners to bring up the names of certain players when they have nothing to do with the topic at hand. no names mentioned but his initials are alex smith
Originally posted by cciowa:
No argument from me, CC. I'm just sick of certain people always bashing AJ. Signing this SPECIAL TEAMS player has ZERO to do with AJ Jenkins.

oh do not misunderstand, i was not yelling at you! i agree with what you say and if it makes you feel better,, i am having a more open mind about jenkins than i did two month ago you ought to know that it is common practice for zoners to bring up the names of certain players when they have nothing to do with the topic at hand. no names mentioned but his initials are alex smith

Yes, I've noticed that. I mean, lord forbid people who have been fans for 35-40 years of the team have anything positive to contribute to any topic of conversation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Yes, I've noticed that. I mean, lord forbid people who have been fans for 35-40 years of the team have anything positive to contribute to any topic of conversation.
i try not to be to hard on them. some of them think the niners just started to become good in 94
Originally posted by tohara3:
Sounds like more camp competition.

This guy is a fantastic special teams gunner and he can flat out fly. And he has experience returning kicks as well. He only had 6 catches but averaged 20 yards per catch.

I like this signing.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Moore's first NFL TD.

I lol'ed.
i try not to be to hard on them. some of them think the niners just started to become good in 94

LOL ... because none of US remember the dark days of

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'
I think both the kicker and WR will be competing against a draft pick and existing players for a roster spot. Nothing is assured with these two signings.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'
remember monte was good. that was the year we were 8-6 but started 6-1 before willie mcgee got hurt i know dick ended things on a bad note and he could never win the big game but for a few years we were pretty good with him. besides he was my first coach when i started to follow the niners back in the day when you had brodie to gene washington and ted kwalik and then your backfield was 855 yards from rookie vic washington and 811 from fullback ken willard. back then those were awesome numbers in a 14 game seasons for two running backs, not as good as delvin williams and wilbur jackson under monte but not bad

Dick Nolan
Monte Clark
Ken Meyer
Pete McCulley

Just sayin'
remember monte was good. that was the year we were 8-6 but started 6-1 before willie mcgee got hurt i know dick ended things on a bad note and he could never win the big game but for a few years we were pretty good with him. besides he was my first coach when i started to follow the niners back in the day when you had brodie to gene washington and ted kwalik and then your backfield was 855 yards from rookie vic washington and 811 from fullback ken willard. back then those were awesome numbers in a 14 game seasons for two running backs, not as good as delvin williams and wilbur jackson under monte but not bad

Dick got us to the NFCCG twice .... DAMN YOU COWBOYS!!! DAMN YOU ROGER STAUBACH!!!!!!

Signing Plunkett and OJ during those years were epic fails. Joe Thomas *shudder* .... these young fans should be screaming for joy for what they have now in the FO.
Whats up with this signing? Why and WHO?
If he keeps the same number he did in Miami, you'll see a lot of Moore jerseys sold
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Previous six pages of discussion + google.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Previous six pages of discussion + google.
Share 49ersWebzone