LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by slowriot:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch1m
Who's Marlon Moore? Possible answer: The new Colin Jones.

and skuta is the new costanzo, our st when they both were here was the best and it definitely took a hit when they left
A Sacramento native who attended Fresno State, Moore said his priority will be to establish himself on special teams. As a gunner with the Dolphins, he lined up outside and used his speed to cover punts and kickoffs. Moore, who has eight special-teams tackles the past two years, ran a 4.48-second 40-yard dash at his pro day in 2010.

"The 49ers have one of the NFL's top gunners in safety C.J. Spillman. Last year, safety Colin Jones, who starred as a gunner on kickoffs for the 49ers in 2011, was traded to the Panthers.

"For the most part, they know what I'm capable of with my offensive ability and my special-teams ability," Moore said. "If I can come in here and make a name for myself on special teams, first. Then I can come in here and do a lot of work on offense, second. That will help me solidify a spot on this team and that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

Moore could be a candidate to return kicks, which is an area of some uncertainty with Ted Ginn expected to sign elsewhere. At Fresno State, Moore returned 16 kickoffs (22.8 yards per return) and 11 punts (14.6). He returned two kickoffs for 51 yards with Miami in 2010."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/19/49ers-sign-wr-moore-to-one-year-deal/
Might be a replacement gunner for Spillman if he starts at FS.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
they have 0 faith in aj jenkins lol, don't blame them though.

How does this have a single thing to do with AJ?????
you must have missed the staff meeting. if it is not a big name, if it does not come with shiny bows then they are garbage. everyone is signed to this team for a specific reason and while alot of you sarcastic wisenhammers get a nice chuckle out of it i think its fun to add people who you never heard of before and let em duke it out in workouts, camps and of course pre season practice, guy has some speed, guy can play special teams and its not busting our bank roll so what is the harm.. this signing along with every signing is just about making everyone better. people sure do connect the dots in a queer way around here
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
A Sacramento native who attended Fresno State, Moore said his priority will be to establish himself on special teams. As a gunner with the Dolphins, he lined up outside and used his speed to cover punts and kickoffs. Moore, who has eight special-teams tackles the past two years, ran a 4.48-second 40-yard dash at his pro day in 2010.

"The 49ers have one of the NFL's top gunners in safety C.J. Spillman. Last year, safety Colin Jones, who starred as a gunner on kickoffs for the 49ers in 2011, was traded to the Panthers.

"For the most part, they know what I'm capable of with my offensive ability and my special-teams ability," Moore said. "If I can come in here and make a name for myself on special teams, first. Then I can come in here and do a lot of work on offense, second. That will help me solidify a spot on this team and that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

Moore could be a candidate to return kicks, which is an area of some uncertainty with Ted Ginn expected to sign elsewhere. At Fresno State, Moore returned 16 kickoffs (22.8 yards per return) and 11 punts (14.6). He returned two kickoffs for 51 yards with Miami in 2010."

Good move, we need as many good ST players as we can get.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch1m
Who's Marlon Moore? Possible answer: The new Colin Jones.

and skuta is the new costanzo, our st when they both were here was the best and it definitely took a hit when they left
this times infinity. i am still a bit shocked about the reaction from some people in the web zone when we sign some people who can play special teams. looks like our special ed teams all the way round, cept for lee, really shook up the coaches as it should have and they are taking some wise steps to make sure that does not happen again.
Who the?

What the?

Oh well.

Definitely possible, but I think Dahl has the inside track until whatever rookie we pick up is ready to take the job..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Good move, we need as many good ST players as we can get.
the guy already has a better attitude than ginn. remember he and his dad ran around saying ginn should be a wide out. this guy knows his role and knows how he can best help the team,, that makes him a ginn upgrade already in my opinion. i sure do like those punt return stats. remember ginn from last year? five yards and lets run out of bounds
He's not bad. I like Moore. Saw him play a couple times at Fresno. IMO he is just camp comp. unless he lights it up.
tell me marlon doesnt look identical to wallace in his td catch versus the jets . the guys might be our down the field threat and under the radar .... even better.

tell me marlon doesnt look identical to wallace in his td catch versus the jets . the guys might be our down the field threat and under the radar .... even better.
Good point cc. Hey as long as the kid has speed, bring him on. Speed kills still has merit. Somebody who is a gunner...what if he has great moves on passing routes and ends up being a good hands guy. We obviously couldn't have signed him for much, and with our injury list shaky at best, my guess he will get his chance at catching passes. We still don't have a Welker on the team and i don't expect one from FA. Not saying I have ever heard of the kid, but if he can streak, let's see what he has....and not just as ST. That is what PS is for, but i suspect coaches will know in 10 mins if he has a shot at WR or not.

Definite possibility.
Sounds like more camp competition.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
they have 0 faith in aj jenkins lol, don't blame them though.

How does this have a single thing to do with AJ?????
you must have missed the staff meeting. if it is not a big name, if it does not come with shiny bows then they are garbage. everyone is signed to this team for a specific reason and while alot of you sarcastic wisenhammers get a nice chuckle out of it i think its fun to add people who you never heard of before and let em duke it out in workouts, camps and of course pre season practice, guy has some speed, guy can play special teams and its not busting our bank roll so what is the harm.. this signing along with every signing is just about making everyone better. people sure do connect the dots in a queer way around here

No argument from me, CC. I'm just sick of certain people always bashing AJ. Signing this SPECIAL TEAMS player has ZERO to do with AJ Jenkins.
Share 49ersWebzone