There are 202 users in the forums

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by xtm059:
no, no not really

it is tough for recievers to stand out on a run-first team. fact.

it is difficult to stand out with 4 targets. fact.

kaepernick has a habit of not spreading the ball around. fact.

None of the supposed superstar WR's the 49ers cut have done s**t in the NFL thus far. fact.

"OMG, the 49ers let Nathan Palmer go, idiots, he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Nathan Palmer is now selling insurance.

"OMG, the 49ers let Chris Owusu go, he's going to be a good player for somebody."

Owusu is now on the practice squad of Tampa Bay, a team that is 0-7.

"OMG, I can't believe the 49ers let Lavelle Hawkins go."

He was unclaimed for most of the season and has yet to make a catch with San Diego.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
What is with some of you making excuse after excuse for underachieving, mediocre WRs?

This guy is not exactly "young" either, he's been in the league for awhile now and has produced next to nothing. Not a 49er coaching or Kap issue, dude just isn't good.

Jesus, Moore didn't even beat out Kyle friggin Williams in practice yet some of you geniuses think that he was some underutilized gem buried under the system. Gimme a break. More like he was the weakest link that didn't earn a starting position or a roster spot. It's just that simple. And don't get me wrong, I loathe Kyle, I don't even want to see him on the field again after his London meltdown, and I want him gone as soon as MM & Crabs come back BUT can you imagine how bad Moore had to be if he couldn't even beat out Fair Kyle ? Our receiver depth is just scary thin it's not even funny. Anemic and abysmal.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM ]
I still think Hawkins was the WR we should have kept.

Yes, that is my opinion, and not a fact.

Yes, I know he's probably "selling insurance" right now.

But as far as I can tell he was the best play maker we had outside of Boldin.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
None of the supposed superstar WR's the 49ers cut have done s**t in the NFL thus far. fact.

"OMG, the 49ers let Nathan Palmer go, idiots, he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Nathan Palmer is now selling insurance.

"OMG, the 49ers let Chris Owusu go, he's going to be a good player for somebody."

Owusu is now on the practice squad of Tampa Bay, a team that is 0-7.

"OMG, I can't believe the 49ers let Lavelle Hawkins go."

He was unclaimed for most of the season and has yet to make a catch with San Diego.

What are these facts you speak of? Cold hard facts have no place in the Webzone.
im not saying the dude was the next coming of christ. im saying that he didnt get a fair shake. im saying that the 49ers organization has some serious f**king problems when it comes to wide recievers. Coaching, absolutely terrible pass-play design, and god know whatever the f**k else. theyve managed to draft exactly one reciever worth a s**t in how many years?

Maiocco's Twitter: The @MiamiDolphins announce the signing of WR Marlon Moore, waived last week by the 49ers.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Let's be honest, it's pretty tough for youg receivers to be successful with the 9ers. The kid was only targetted 4 times in 6 games. KW should have been cut first.

Let's be honest. That's your opinion.

no, no not really

Thank you, that is exactly my point.

Just you wait, before we know it, Jon Baldwin might be history too.

Is interesting you brought up the point being a run-first team. Actually, last season after Kap took over under center we weren't exactly a "run-first" team in the truest sense. I think Daniel Jeremiah presented some stats comparison between 9ers last season and this season and the split between pass and run was 51% run and 49% pass, in other words pretty much 50/50 before our passing plays dramatically declined this season. We were definitely in the process of moving to a much more balanced offense until this season.

The problem is Kap pretty much only developed a rapport with Crab almost exclusively. As such, after Crab went down, we had almost 0 passing game left once teams decide to key in on Anquan (which the Packers totally failed to do). The point I am trying to make is if Kap can spread the ball around more amongst different WRs, 1) we would probably have a stronger passing game and 2) younger WRs or WRs lower down on the depth chart would have a better chance to improve and perform. 4 targets in 6 games is less than 1 target per game, that is hardly sufficient evidence for one to come to a definitive conclusion that a given wideout is a complete scrub.

Just to give you an idea how lob-sided the stats are, have a look at the following :

Anquan - 38 receptions out of 62 targets in 8 games
Vernon - 29 receptions out of 47 tragets in 7 games
Marlon - 1 reception out of 4 targets in 6 games
Jon - 3 receptions out of 6 targets in 4 games

As shown, is more than apparent if you are not named Anquan or Vernon, you pretty much have next to no chance to succeed. I don't know whether this is totally on Kap or due to the playcalls, but one thing we do know is that some of these secondary receivers have been open after further review when the initial blame or reason given was noone got open. But, to your point, either Kap or G Ro are not comfortable with these other targets when our primary targets are shut down, we have since moved back to being a run-first team as a result, not necessarily we had to. And if we don't start throwing to other targets, I just don't know how anyone else can produce for us. The problem is Mario is already on his way back with Crab not far behind, so I guess the situation will only become worse for Baldwin.
Thanks rascal, for bringing some facts to the table instead of hatefire
Let's be honest, it's pretty tough for youg receivers to be successful with the 9ers. The kid was only targetted 4 times in 6 games. KW should have been cut first.

Let's be honest. That's your opinion.

no, no not really

Thank you, that is exactly my point.

Just you wait, before we know it, Jon Baldwin might be history too.

Is interesting you brought up the point being a run-first team. Actually, last season after Kap took over under center we weren't exactly a "run-first" team in the truest sense. I think Daniel Jeremiah presented some stats comparison between 9ers last season and this season and the split between pass and run was 51% run and 49% pass, in other words pretty much 50/50 before our passing plays dramatically declined this season. We were definitely in the process of moving to a much more balanced offense until this season.

The problem is Kap pretty much only developed a rapport with Crab almost exclusively. As such, after Crab went down, we had almost 0 passing game left once teams decide to key in on Anquan (which the Packers totally failed to do). The point I am trying to make is if Kap can spread the ball around more amongst different WRs, 1) we would probably have a stronger passing game and 2) younger WRs or WRs lower down on the depth chart would have a better chance to improve and perform. 4 targets in 6 games is less than 1 target per game, that is hardly sufficient evidence for one to come to a definitive conclusion that a given wideout is a complete scrub.

Just to give you an idea how lob-sided the stats are, have a look at the following :

Anquan - 38 receptions out of 62 targets in 8 games
Vernon - 29 receptions out of 47 tragets in 7 games
Marlon - 1 reception out of 4 targets in 6 games
Jon - 3 receptions out of 6 targets in 4 games

As shown, is more than apparent if you are not named Anquan or Vernon, you pretty much have next to no chance to succeed. I don't know whether this is totally on Kap or due to the playcalls, but one thing we do know is that some of these secondary receivers have been open after further review when the initial blame or reason given was noone got open. But, to your point, either Kap or G Ro are not comfortable with these other targets when our primary targets are shut down, we have since moved back to being a run-first team as a result, not necessarily we had to. And if we don't start throwing to other targets, I just don't know how anyone else can produce for us. The problem is Mario is already on his way back with Crab not far behind, so I guess the situation will only become worse for Baldwin.

Maybe cause Marlon wasn't getting open? We're really still cheerleading for this scrub?

And yes, the 49ers are a run-first team under Jim Harbaugh.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]
What a great situation Marlon Moore is in now.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What a great situation Marlon Moore is in now.

Poor Marlon. Gets signed by his hometown team only to be cut and go back to his prior club and sucked into that situation. Kind of glad he isn't on our team just because he is one less person for the media to question about his first stint in Miami. Already people ask Jim about Martin, it would be annoying as hell if a backup WR had to keep answering questions about a situation on the other side of the country.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Maybe cause Marlon wasn't getting open? We're really still cheerleading for this scrub?

62 targets for Anquan Vs 4 targets for Marlon ?! Really ?! Is not about cheerleading for Moore, is a matter of principle. Get real, how many more times do people need to post screen grabs of open receivers that Kap had totally ignored ?! I will say this again, teams are scouting Kap as a "one-read" QB as evident in Karlos Dansby interview when asked about the difference between playing Wilson Vs Kap.

Harbaugh's team was not a run-first team last season after Kap took over when the split between run and pass plays were 50/50 as they tried to move towards a more balanced offense. This changed as Kap was not able to find other receivers other than Anquan and Vernon with the team not being persistent in asking Kap to target secondary receivers. As such, the 9ers are now ranked dead last in passing offense. As simple as that.

62 targets for Anquan Vs 4 targets for Marlon ?! Really ?! Is not about cheerleading for Moore, is a matter of principle. Get real, how many more times do people need to post screen grabs of open receivers that Kap had totally ignored ?! I will say this again, teams are scouting Kap as a "one-read" QB as evident in Karlos Dansby interview when asked about the difference between playing Wilson Vs Kap.

Harbaugh's team was not a run-first team last season after Kap took over when the split between run and pass plays were 50/50 as they tried to move towards a more balanced offense. This changed as Kap was not able to find other receivers other than Anquan and Vernon with the team not being persistent in asking Kap to target secondary receivers. As such, the 9ers are now ranked dead last in passing offense. As simple as that.

Why do we continue to stick up for scrubs like Moore, and bash proven players like Kap? It makes no sense.

Last year our receiving options ran 5 deep. Crabtree, Davis, Walker, Manningham, Moss....Kap had no problems distributing the ball to these 5 players when they were all healthy.

This year we had Boldin, Davis, and a bunch of scrubs for the first 8 games. Surprise, surprise....Boldin and Davis are the only ones producing because they're good players who get open and make plays.

Kap doesn't have a problem. Moore, Baldwin, and KW do. They suck.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Why do we continue to stick up for scrubs like Moore, and bash proven players like Kap? It makes no sense.

Last year our receiving options ran 5 deep. Crabtree, Davis, Walker, Manningham, Moss....Kap had no problems distributing the ball to these 5 players when they were all healthy.

This year we had Boldin, Davis, and a bunch of scrubs for the first 8 games. Surprise, surprise....Boldin and Davis are the only ones producing because they're good players who get open and make plays.

Kap doesn't have a problem. Moore, Baldwin, and KW do. They suck.
Was going to say the same thing!, or close to it good post.
Share 49ersWebzone