There are 242 users in the forums

Ex-Dolphin Ex-Niner Marlon Moore Back with the Fins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by GEEK:
With 2 key injuries, I see him making the roster with possible release in the regular season. Much more polished compared to Lockette as a wide receiver.

He started with the 1st stringers last game, that's got to be some sort of indicator.

I dont think they will release him in the regular season. He's good

What evidence do you have to actually support this? One catch and some preseason write-ups?

He was used a good amount with the Fins offense
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by GEEK:
With 2 key injuries, I see him making the roster with possible release in the regular season. Much more polished compared to Lockette as a wide receiver.

He started with the 1st stringers last game, that's got to be some sort of indicator.

I dont think they will release him in the regular season. He's good

What evidence do you have to actually support this? One catch and some preseason write-ups?

He was used a good amount with the Fins offense

12 career receptions in three seasons.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Number 2 WR behind Ricardo Lockette

I guess nobody but me thinks that Manningham will be the clear number 2 in this offense. Then it would be Kyle Williams at the number 3. I know they are coming off injuries, but modern medicine makes ACL's not that big of a thing anymore. Achilles are a little worse in my opinion, but still manageable. What we are seeing with all these extra wideout signings is a coaching staff covering their ass'. Notice they haven't really tried to make a trade or anything crazy like bringing in T.O. for a workout. To me that means Harbaugh and company are banking on the return of Manningham.

Lockette and Moore don't look like starters to me.
I mentioned this before but does this guy have a lot in common with and look a bit like Ginn? Dolphins WR who was more known for ST, #19, Similar size and look when running routes. Even the way Moore reached out and caught that ball looked like Ten Ginn. Kind of looks like a slightly bigger, slower Ginn. Maybe it's just me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Qr4rPeF3VWM&t=602
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM ]
i like him and we havent seen s**t from anyone else so im rooting for the kid

Thing about that is who were the Dolphin QBs those 3 seasons. Henne, Matt Moore and rookie-starting Tannehill. All three would back up Kaepernick or worse. I rest my case.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Thing about that is who were the Dolphin QBs those 3 seasons. Henne, Matt Moore and rookie-starting Tannehill. All three would back up Kaepernick or worse. I rest my case.

Does it matter who the QB's were? Moore couldn't beat out the receivers on one of the worst teams in the NFL (or at least one of the most insignificant ones) to actually see the field.

I rest MY case son! Dude could be good, but let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, aight? (hopefully you get that reference)
Moore will either make it or not based on his special teams ability and the deal breaker could be his age over Osgood. It won't be because we consider him a long term viable option at WR. I could be wrong
I thought he was an interesting signing...but now believe he'll be more than that. If you look at his per catch avg in Miami it was really good...just didn't get on the field much as a WR. He's got a great opportunity in SF and he's going for it...think this kid will surprise many this year.

Does it matter who the QB's were? Moore couldn't beat out the receivers on one of the worst teams in the NFL (or at least one of the most insignificant ones) to actually see the field.

I rest MY case son! Dude could be good, but let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet, aight? (hopefully you get that reference)

He seems to be playing well now, has special teams value, is still relatively young. Miami is a mess, no one did well there. Moore has every opportunity to become a consistent WR, though probably just a role player, which we need anyways. I think he might be good, especially since our front office doesn't know what a good WR looks like in the draft

Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

He seems to be playing well now, has special teams value, is still relatively young. Miami is a mess, no one did well there. Moore has every opportunity to become a consistent WR, though probably just a role player, which we need anyways. I think he might be good, especially since our front office doesn't know what a good WR looks like in the draft

Davone Bess & Brian Hartline are actually pretty good players. Not great, but better than Moore I would wager.
I think that sometimes players just need a change of scenery and an opportunity. Sounds like SF for marlon moore. Kid's never been a part of a winning culture. his college team lost, and the dolphins lost. Here hes got the support and the coaching to really shine, and I'm putting my money on that happening

Well if it doesn't matter who their quarterbacks were I guess it doesn't really matter who their receivers were either. Kaepernick is quickly becoming a top-tier QB in the NFL and will make Marlon Moore a better receiver than he ever was previously. If he becomes as good as say a Jordy Nelson that's good enough in my book.
We have a s**t ton of receivers at this moment and there seem to be lot of guys who could possibly get cut...some of those guys are actual players and could deserve a spot on the team.

Moore comes to mind. So does Collie. Jenkins is apparently on the bubble but I doubt he is going anywhere. Hall is constantly a training camp standout...

The coaches will have some tough decisions to make.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Will get cut...

Originally posted by mayo49:
We need bodies with Manningham and Williams not going to be ready until mid season if at all.

such knowlege
Share 49ersWebzone